Towns

lex321

Chieftain
Just a small questions, do towns still give you gold even if they are not in a city radius of yours?

No. Unless you pillage them when they aren't inside your cultural borders.

Build a town and pretend that it's a tiny little city

Well it's a cottage first, it'll take awhile before it's a town. I have to wonder though, how is a cottage turned into a town without being in range of your cities?

Well it's a cottage first, it'll take awhile before it's a town. I have to wonder though, how is a cottage turned into a town without being in range of your cities?

A cottage will not become a town unless it's inside the BFC of a city and worked by a citizen. No point in building them if that tile is never going to be in a BFC. Potentially, you could build a cottage on a tile that you expect to settle later, but the tile will have to be in your cultural borders to build anything - other than a fort.

A cottage will not become a town unless it's inside the BFC of a city and worked by a citizen. No point in building them if that tile is never going to be in a BFC. Potentially, you could build a cottage on a tile that you expect to settle later, but the tile will have to be in your cultural borders to build anything - other than a fort.

If the the cottage is connected to your trade network, you should get tax money from it, shouldn't you? I mean in principle.

Top Bottom