• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

Trading Influence

df122

Chieftain
I've been playing GC II for some time now and I've never figured out what influence is good for during trading *(amount of influence right bellow credits). I think I read some where it's used to affect the vote during the United planet meetings but I can't seem to figure out how exactly to use it. I know it's pretty much useless trying to use it when trading for techs so what else is it used for.

You're right, influence points (IP) will determine how many votes you get during the united planets meetings

IPs are not exactly useless during trading; up to 999 IP the AI will put some value on influence points. However due to a bug, that value drops to zero at 1000 IP or more.
Early on in the game you can use that to get a few hundred bc or basic technologies from the AI (just trade 999 IP, make the exchange, don't leave the trade screen, trade another 999 IP, etc)
Of course, by doing that you lose some of your votes during United planet meetings.

Top Bottom