Transferring Schools: Absentee Work

I have a quick question, as it just occured to me in school today.

I'm moving to a new school, and I'm leaving the 26th of December. Christmas Break for our school starts on the 23rd of December, the 23rd being our last day (and a half day). In our school, we are allowed a total of 14 unexcused absences, if over you need to make up in summer school.

My question is, if I use 13/14 of my unexcused absences (as of now, I haven't used any), and I don't do any of the work that my classes are doing in December (as I would be absent), will that work I didn't do while I was out count as a zero when/if my grades transfer over to my new school, or will they just transfer over what I did?

I really would like to skip as much school as possible, and frankly, I'd like to do it soon, as tomorrow is a big AP Bio test (that was pushed back from today), a big Chem Test, an English Vocab Test, and a Quiz on Sine and Cosine functions in ADV Math that I know nothing about, so I'd like to miss them all.

Well, are you changing schools within your state? The attendance rule may actually be a state rule, not a district one, so that might put a crimp in your plan.

It also depends on when your grading pd ends. If you start a new grading pd after xmas break (which you prob. will), then all your 0s should carry over.

k-12 transferring is not a uniform process at ALL, so nobody here can really give you foolproof advise. I don't think its worth the risk though. Go to class.

to your first question, no, I'm transferring from NJ to AZ

and to your second point was where my biggest question was. If when I was absent, the work I didn't do counts as a zero or doesn't affect my grade because I was absent. If they count as zero's, I'll go, but it seems only fair that if I wasn't there that they shouldn't penalize me for not doing the assignments

That policy is 100% up to your school districts. You'd have to check with their offices.

Dear internet

I to would very much like to know how I can do as little work as possible and waste taxpayer money and get a qualification I haven't earned.
Following this, I would like to play on this and get a job at a reputable company, Ford say, before being fired for being an unqualified moron, having orderd the fitting of 200 cars with seatbelts made of piano wire, because I thought it would be "more profitable".

Following this, I will go on welfare, while leading a failing, and eventually, shady love-life consisting mostly of myself going to sailor bars, and staring at the Dutch whores and wishing I could afford that, before spending your hard earned money on a six pack of Coors Lite Lite Lite, a pack of wine-gums, and a Blockbuster rental of the accaimed "Womb Raider".

I will lead a sad life, and will die of an Oreao overdose in my trailer made from a milk float at he age of 36.

Yours sincerely, Taras Bulba.

I'm sorry that I find helping my parents with the house and getting everything ready for the move is more important than going to school when I don't really need to. I know it isn't the only reason why I'd do it, but I KNOW that if I stay home, I'll be working on the house the entire time, and frankly, I'd say that's a bit more important than school right about now

how isn't it? We've got a ton of work left to do, and I only have 3ish weeks left here in this state. Then I go out for school. My mom will be here alone, right now only I am here. We can't sell this house if we don't finish the kitchen, at least for any price that we want it for. My mom herself is about to lose it if we don't get the house done, my dad is out in AZ working, depressed because my mom is freaking out and he can't be here to help. We've pretty much exhausted our funds and are pinching every penny we can, so paying someone is out of the question, and even (as you, downtown would know) the Elders Quorum cannot help us, as the times they have, they've done the crappiest work that it just needs to be re-done or it causes another problem. All that's left is us trying to do it ourselves and take our time, and when it takes 6 hours of school, and then calculate the time it takes me to complete homework and study, it leaves me with little time to help my mom.

AND, the point is, even IF those grades I wouldn't get done count as zeros, the lowest grade I'd probably get is a C, as right now in every one of my classes I have a high A in (the exception being AP Bio, as that is the only class that requires effort, which would probably drop to an F or low D.... but that wouldn't matter as I don't plan on taking it out in AZ)

my parents would never let me drop out of school... not for this reason, at least. My mom isn't too happy about the idea of doing this either. It's why I'm asking if they count as zeros, because if they do, my mom wouldn't let me do it. If they don't get factored into my grade that transfers over, they might let me do it because it won't have the same bad effect as dropping out of school, and things will still work the same way

If I were in your shoes (and this is not advice, just what I would do), I would help with the house, as that sounds like a matter of your family's survival. School is something that can be made up in summer or night classes, if necessary.

I had to repeat a whole semester of biology and chem classes one year because I got sick a couple of weeks before the end of term and missed the final exams... it didn't kill me, and I even got better teachers the second time around.

Top Bottom