Transparent Score Window Glitch?

Zaimejs

Emperor
Is this just me? I always have the transparent score window open in the top right when I play. I like to see what's going down, you know?

And when I get a bunch of alerts, a few always hide behind that screen and I can't see them. It's always the proposals that pass or fail, and I have to finagle stuff to get to them.

Seems like such a cheap little broken thing. Like buying a new car and having one of the plastic knobs fall off.

There are others... Oh yeah, the Culture screen. I didn't see that you have to scroll to see more of your cities... so you can't see them all at once, and it's hard to swap back and forth to see what is from what. AND THEY NEED A SEPARATE SPACE FOR ARTIFACTS THAT DON'T COUNT AS ART!

Score list can be shown/removed from option panel. Not sure what submenu though.

I don't feel as bothered as you seem by the others

Yeah well, stuff should be more customizable (in all games (and also windows itself damn it!), not just CiV).
All windows in CiV are TINY (use only 1/4 max of the screen for me). Of course that was made to have those guys with 15"CRT monitors be able to play the game... but why wouldn't window sizes and menu lists etc scale with the users resolution?

PS : Remember when the notifications for City-states declaring war weren't bundled in one notification? On a bright day (starting a world war) on a huge map you could have triggered hundreds of notifications (of course the important ones on top so you had to close all manually to see them). :D

Actually you can custom many things from options, including scoreboard and resolution.

Oh, and has anyone ever been able to explain why Civ is so weird about changing resolutions? In other games, I can change on the fly... games that seem to have much more complicated 3-D graphics than Civ. But to change resolutions you have to restart the game. Silly.

but why wouldn't window sizes and menu lists etc scale with the users resolution?

Yes! :goodjob: Or alternatively, why not make the window size adjustable. I would much rather drag them bigger and never have to scroll. I am waiting patiently for the day that WHoward modifies his "Tade Opportunities" UI mod to use a big enough window so I can see all AIs and ALL resources (even strategic).

Is there a programmer who can explain why they don't create the UI elements to be scalable within a scalable window. Surely, my computer can handle that easily. :confused:

Top Bottom