Tribe names

spod

Warlord
One of the things I really like about Civ is that you can call your tribe anything you like (as long as the name isn’t too long).

I’m currently playing as the Very Drunks. :crazyeye: From my capital Beer City and the neighbouring citadel of Beerhenge, my Very Drunk armies pour forth and assail all who oppose them.

My economy is in fairly good shape, allowing my Very Drunk diplomats to subvert the cities of my hopelessly sober enemies.

Captured cities are usually renamed to reflect the glory of the Very Drunk empire. Hannover, for example, becomes Hangover.

From Wreckjavik in the north to Grape Town in the south, from Binge City in the west to Barfbastopol in the east, the Very Drunk empire is expanding rapidly.

I think I might play as the Zombies next week. From my capital, Undead City, my Zombie armies will pour forth…

Hahahahaha...!

This week, I’m playing as the Buttkickers.

The Buttkickers are an aggressive bunch, intent on taking over the world by militaristic means.

It’s still early in the game, but things seem to be going well. My capital, Kickass City, is developing nicely. To the east I have three major cities, Maim, Crush and Disfigure, which are producing military units like there’s no tomorrow. To the west, the heavily defended citadel of Eatmy Shorts is fending off attacks by Zulus, Aztecs, barbarians and anybody else who happens to be passing by.

In the area to the south of the capital, I’ve already captured three small enemy cities and renamed them Biff, Pow and Thwack.

It’s too early yet to say whether the Buttkickers will be able to kick butt globally, but they’re off to a good start…

'nother thread.
I used to used to be the football players.
Also, I use names around the place I live.
Or the recourses they have. Horseriders, Goldrush, Swamptown2000, but that was more Civ3 :)

As much as I am into craft beer, I never thought of this: a different brew for every town. It shouldn't be too challenging thinking up 127.

As a kid i used to play as Tasmanians.
refered to the tasmanian devils i think my polulation was growing very well. Cant even imagine how those animals drove all my tanks :confused:

Taz

Mine is named the White Team. The White Team is an expansive, joyless empire that pursues a dynamic optimization strategy to exploit as much of Earth as quickly and completely as possible. While technically a democracy, the nation is ruled absolutely by the 51% who agree with my optimization strategy. The Senate never weighs in on matters of war, because all rival civilizations are detected and destroyed from the air, with no contact ever being made.

Having reduced the last surviving rival to a single city, the White Team reluctantly made contact with them in order to initiate "World Peace" at 1 AD. This "World Peace" will be ruthlessly enforced by a pack of tanks and battleships occupying the surrounding squares, spies destroying its production each turn, and zero further contact.

Mine is named the White Team. The White Team is an expansive, joyless empire that pursues a dynamic optimization strategy to exploit as much of Earth as quickly and completely as possible. While technically a democracy, the nation is ruled absolutely by the 51% who agree with my optimization strategy. The Senate never weighs in on matters of war, because all rival civilizations are detected and destroyed from the air, with no contact ever being made.

Having reduced the last surviving rival to a single city, the White Team reluctantly made contact with them in order to initiate "World Peace" at 1 AD. This "World Peace" will be ruthlessly enforced by a pack of tanks and battleships occupying the surrounding squares, spies destroying its production each turn, and zero further contact.

If you could destroy all your enemies by the press of one button, without you even seeing it or get prosecuted for it ... would you do it?

+1

Tried something new this last time. I kept THREE cities in the "zoo" (used TerraForm AND tanks to make sure they had NO access to shields, but could get reasonably large, so more trade), and used them for the the three trade routs for my burgeoning population.

Made my trade routes go off the charts, very useful for buying up the remaining cities of the continent.

+1

Tried something new this last time. I kept THREE cities in the "zoo" (used TerraForm AND tanks to make sure they had NO access to shields, but could get reasonably large, so more trade), and used them for the the three trade routs for my burgeoning population.

Made my trade routes go off the charts, very useful for buying up the remaining cities of the continent.

I'm going to have to pull out my copy of 640k A Day...

Ah yeah, ongoing trade arrows is (you+target+4)/8, so having those populous AIs definitely gives you a huge bang. Nice idea! But tisk tisk for using terraform- I'm sure you can manage this purely on saboteur diplomats!

I think I might play as the Zombies next week. From my capital, Undead City, my Zombie armies will pour forth…
At this point you've probably finished your game, but if you haven't, I thought up a good name for your Copernicus science city: BRAAAAAINS

I'm going to have to pull out my copy of 640k A Day...

Ah yeah, ongoing trade arrows is (you+target+4)/8,

Thanks for the formula, I've been wondering what it was!

I thought there was a factor for rivalry, distance, and city size, but maybe that's only for the one-shot bonus, not the ongoing arrows?

Do you have the formula for the one-shot bonus as well? It is definitely related to the number of arrows you have AT THE TIME of arrival. I played around with it by moving some workers from land to sea just before arrival, and it made a huge difference. Not enough data to tease out the formula though, and it only matters if the city is less than full-employment (size 20, maybe?)

so having those populous AIs definitely gives you a huge bang. Nice idea!

This was my first time to try it, but I'm nowhere near the theoretical limit. Valen managed to get one at 359
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=233585

In the attachment is a screen shot of my highest payout to date (137), you can see the Peking "zoo" city is up to 20, I think Rostov was close to 30 but don't remember. I modded the map so Peking had lots of grasslands, but no shields. It's still in Monarchy, so that's why it still has a leftover unit in it. It's made no attempt to attack me, so I leave it alone. (BTW, extensive use of both the savegame cheat and the settler cheat, you can also see the huuuuge landmass in the little map - thanks to TerraForm!) I have trade routes with the Chinese and Zulus (which you can see in the map), and the Aztecs (off the map on the top). The Mongols/Indians have just recently been eliminated, and in the lower right corner, the English and Germans are about to become history. Didn't bother to do it, but it would have been even higher had I "railroaded the sea" since it increases the trade arrows

But tisk tisk for using terraform- I'm sure you can manage this purely on saboteur diplomats!

Haha, waaaaay to much work when I'm pushing the limit of 128 cities.

At this point you've probably finished your game, but if you haven't, I thought up a good name for your Copernicus science city: BRAAAAAINS

Now, THAT's funny!

Attachments

• 137.Caravan.png
    137.Caravan.png
    48.6 KB · Views: 206
refered to the tasmanian devils i think my polulation was growing very well. Cant even imagine how those animals drove all my tanks :confused:
Taz

Their armor's pretty cool though:

Taz

Well if you play earth the Tasmanian island doesn't even exist :cry:

I use CIV 1 for DOS, v.474.05, and I thought I knew how to rename the player civ, but when I tried it again recently, it didn't work.

When it says "Pick Your Tribe", I thought you used the arrow keys to scroll the list, then hit the <ESC> key instead of the <RET> key to select the highlighted civ and rename it.

However... What I got instead was a random civ to be renamed, usually but not always the "English", but with the "Greek" leader and city names.

What did I do wrong??

Thanks!

Top Bottom