• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

TRIMAFIA [Game Thread]

It is Takh's game for another phase then Choxorn, then Zack for two, then Choxorn, then Takh.

Anyway, Vote: jarema for being innocent. (Placeholder for a few hours, so I actually vote), will post a theory I have on the game later tonight. (I.E. 2 hours or so)

I believe it is Takhisis' game now

Visor...
hmm....
weird? interesting? scummy?
choose any

Started interesting, getting scummier every hour...

Running out of time (yay). Basically, we should be playing to lynch people who are scum in each game (as in play for each game). There is no point in scumhunting for Zack's game when we are in Choxorns. (Well there is, but ..... eh).

Unvote; Vote: Kennigit for the lynch on Ninja which was stupid.

Vote visorslash.
That is horrible reasoning, as town we need to be looking for scum in general, not picking and choosing per game. It also seems geared mainly at encouraging lazy play, rather then what would be best for the village.
Also dislike the bandwagon vote, especially when you provide such a terrible argument - a bunch participated in that lynch, and you just *happened* to go for the one with the bandwagon?
Also convenient timing for posting :rolleyes:

What might be reasonable for later on in the game is (based on the presumption that we lose/win each game separately) to lynch for scum in other games if we're close to loss in those and be targeted in which we go for.

and you just *happened* to go for the one with the bandwagon?
Also convenient timing for posting

No, I chose kennigit, because I think he is likely scum. And yes, it is convenient for me. I can't drop everything for mafia, nor do I want to.

I'd wager roughly 1/4 to 1/3 of the players are scum in a game. You could pick any random five names and say someone's a scum in that list.

Interesting response.

Care to share your thoughts on why? Because basic probability says that you could pick any 5 people at random, and its quite likely at least one of them is scum in at least one game.

Most suspicious day 3's. Very poor votes and reasoning. I can explain further later.

Apologies if I mistook your intent, but to me this:

Was a strong expression of support for the two, so I suppose I addressed their views through you.
As to misreading intent, umm:

I think I quite clearly stated day 1/2 we wouldn't get scummy reads from them.
And scum wouldn't know they were until after that point so I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Sure scum in day 4/5 will play in a scummy mindset (and possibly more so as they are playing against scumbuddies between formats?) but that doesn't apply in days 1/2 when they didn't even have their roles.

Err well done, you manage to defend spaceman (for legitimate reasons) with a unclear post that simply states you think people will be suspicious day 3. Very impressive job defending! /sarcasm

I have reread, and can only find you making an unuseful remark about the town sheeping. I realise I mistook your intent earlier, but please don't act like I'm not reading the thread properly, you're not exactly being a very clear poster, and claiming you were right about everything hardly helps if your not going to take the time to discuss and argue it.

:lol: I don't see where you malcontent originated, but I don't see anything productive in discussing this with you.

Vote: Dreadnought
Are you just naming random suspects? That's not helpfull.

What makes you think this list is random? You're rapidly becoming suspect #1 on my list. I can't tell if you're just not playing seriously or very much trying to not appear suspicious with random posts and votes.

I'm not particularly liking Kennigt play lately - I don't see how putting reason/scumhunting into votes today helps scum in other games rather then town.

I see it helping town in the game where the scum hunting is done, as then townies who are scum in other games can use that to potentially win in that game without affecting their chances in the other ones. I.e. If we have a list of 3 suspects in one game, we lynch one (rightly or wrongly), the next scum team might (if they are all townie in the first game) choose to nightkill one of the other suspects to try and win that game as well as get 1 townie closer to victory in the game(s) where they are scum in.

Of course that does mean they can't hide behind them as a more scummy suspect, so that might not happen. But voting with no reasoning/randomly is a bad idea.

I really dislike the pushing of "I'm a townie in all three games" which he seems to be trying to reinforce, and the pushing the idea that those putting effort into the game are scum - feels like lurker scum trying to breeze through.
All in all, it seems like a typical lurker scum, trying to appear helpful while avoiding effort and throwing flak on anyone who puts work in.

Agree.

But; vote: azzaman, I really dislike his choice of making 'easy' votes. 6th(?) on NinjaCow yesterday (closest other person had 2 votes), and today on spaceman (with third on the bandwagon reasoning), seems to me like trying to the bare minimum to be classified as a lurking scum, without actually scumhunting.

But; vote: azzaman, I really dislike his choice of making 'easy' votes. 6th(?) on NinjaCow yesterday (closest other person had 2 votes), and today on spaceman (with third on the bandwagon reasoning), seems to me like trying to the bare minimum to be classified as a lurking scum, without actually scumhunting.

A) I was 4th to vote for for NinjaCow.
B) That was moving my vote off Takhisis because I was confused by the lack of role PMs.
C) You didn't even vote yesterday, and somehow that makes me the lurker?

What makes you think this list is random?

Because you gave no reasoning behind it.

You're rapidly becoming suspect #1 on my list. I can't tell if you're just not playing seriously or very much trying to not appear suspicious with random posts and votes

Last round I was not playing seriously, true.

People who are scum in Takhisis' game only know it now, and just now they can start showing scumtells. So we can't know wether they are scum or not. The other two games might have shown scum, but I can't see a lot of that. That's why I joke/random voted three days. Today though, I am serious

I think you are trying to appear too townie in this game. This makes me think you are townie in this game (trying to hunt scum) but Mafia in one of the other games.

Hence my vote. But if you think I am scum, by all means, vote me.

A) I was 4th to vote for for NinjaCow.
B) That was moving my vote off Takhisis because I was confused by the lack of role PMs.
C) You didn't even vote yesterday, and somehow that makes me the lurker?

A) Hence the question mark.
B) I know that...not sure how that says your putting in anymore scumhunting than if it wasn't though.
C) Fairly obvious typo in my post.

Most suspicious day 3's. Very poor votes and reasoning. I can explain further later.

Didn't read this one.

Was your reasoning great then? You voted LambdaIgnaecia for a viable reason, I give you that, but once it turned out he was new, you didn't unvote. That is not great either.
And that explaination you are talking about would be welcome now.

I dont like this Darth Feather guy. Besides Im overloaded with paranoia after months without playing Mafia. So I will just vote: Darth Feather.

Because you gave no reasoning behind it.

Of course I have reasoning. You honestly think I'd post a random list of names who I think are scum?

Last round I was not playing seriously, true.

People who are scum in Takhisis' game only know it now, and just now they can start showing scumtells. So we can't know wether they are scum or not. The other two games might have shown scum, but I can't see a lot of that. That's why I joke/random voted three days. Today though, I am serious

Why so serious now, then? You think that you'll magically find more evidence now rather than looking throughout the game?

I think you are trying to appear too townie in this game. This makes me think you are townie in this game (trying to hunt scum) but Mafia in one of the other games.

I'm not going to apologize for wanting to lynch scum in all the games each day.

Didn't read this one.

Was your reasoning great then? You voted LambdaIgnaecia for a viable reason, I give you that, but once it turned out he was new, you didn't unvote. That is not great either.
And that explaination you are talking about would be welcome now.

Wait, wait, wait. You think the fact that I didn't unvote Lamda, even though it had literally zero bearing on the day, makes a difference? Would you have preferred if I had voted for Ninjacow instead?

Hence my vote. But if you think I am scum, by all means, vote me.

Done.

Vote: Darth Feather

This is the first day 2. What possible reason would anyone have had to be serious until now?

Why so serious now, then? You think that you'll magically find more evidence now rather than looking throughout the game?

You can't expect to get evidence from the first day on, but sometime it is needed. And due to your certainty of one of your list being scum, I have a feeling you are mafia either in Zacks or in Choxorns game.

Wait, wait, wait. You think the fact that I didn't unvote Lamda, even though it had literally zero bearing on the day, makes a difference? Would you have preferred if I had voted for Ninjacow instead?

I never said brainless bandwagonning is a good thing. But if you say when there is a bandwagon one vote doesn't make a difference you are not much better then those bandwaggoneers. Yes, it didn't make a difference on that particular occasion, but if you changed your vote to a likelier suspect, it might have helped. But you did not. You only stated the random bandwagon was bad, without another suspect.

I'm not going to apologize for wanting to lynch scum in all the games each day.

I am not saying that so don't twist my words. I just think you were trying too hard to look townie.

Oh yeah and for the record: i am three times a vanilla townie. (just so that I can say told you so when I get lynched :smug: )

Top Bottom