Trophy Support for PS3?

DezNutz

Chieftain
I know trophies are a new thing to be released with PS3 firmware 2.4 (due tomorrow), but I have not seen if this game will support trophies?

I have read on the offical page that this game has 360 achievement support, and that there are in game awards, but nothing about specific PS3 trophy support.

I would assume not because Firaxis is no longer developement and especially since you can't find anything saying it will support trophies specifically. That is just me assuming though. Maybe they'll release a patch for trophies later on.

Hey, I am new around here so I am sorry if this has been address before.
Will this game support In Game Music and trophies for the ps3?

2K Games have come out and said they will not support or add a patch to support the PS3 Trophy system...

I am debating even buying this game now.. and leaning towards not..

Since this game is probably gonna get patched or updated (with new content) over time, I can't imagine trophy system not coming (the question is more "how long...").

2K Games have come out and said they will not support or add a patch to support the PS3 Trophy system...

Linky of proof?

hey guys,

sorry i'm not in here as frequently as i'd like -- but while yes, there are not going to be trophies for the PS3, we have a lot of downloadable content coming that's really awesome. given when we learned about trophies in the development cycle, we had to make a choice, and i really hope when you learn about the stuff coming down the line, you'll think we made the right one!

hey guys,

sorry i'm not in here as frequently as i'd like -- but while yes, there are not going to be trophies for the PS3, we have a lot of downloadable content coming that's really awesome. given when we learned about trophies in the development cycle, we had to make a choice, and i really hope when you learn about the stuff coming down the line, you'll think we made the right one!

What about In Game Music for the ps3?

Forgot to mention that usually the downloadable content... costs? Is this the case for revolution?

Simply because they don't have the all powerful trophies? Seriously? LOL, that's an interesting reason not to get a game. I guess I'm in the minority but I think the whole trophies/achievements thing is beyond stupid.

Simply because they don't have the all powerful trophies? Seriously? LOL, that's an interesting reason not to get a game. I guess I'm in the minority but I think the whole trophies/achievements thing is beyond stupid.

Well I think you are in the minority, we could do a poll to get a more accurate response on here though.

To me being able to compare your in game accomplishments across multiple games with all your friends online is a huge bonus and reason to play. Also the trophy system gives you more replay value in that there are other side missions or different avenues of play to attempt in order to achieve these trophies. You need only look at the success of the XBox achievement system as proof games want this system wide accomplishment comparison.

Downloadable content is all good, and I am looking forward to that, but why not get the trophy system as well? 2K has taken the time to add this in the 360, so to me it looks like PS3 gamers are just not as important as 360 gamers. To me as a PS3 gamer, makes me wonder if I should get a game that is not being supported evenly, and is missing a big feature I want.

Hell, they already have achievments setup in 360, and in game achievments for both games, how much development time would it really take to add trophy support? I just do not buy the time is not available... maybe you should take a second look at this major feature, as there are ALOT of gamers who want this feature and even play (and thus buy) games that support it.

they came up with the escuse that they diden't find out about the trophy system for ps3 untill it was too late in devolpment; figures =(

they came up with the escuse that they diden't find out about the trophy system for ps3 untill it was too late in devolpment; figures =(

Why is it a bad excuse?

There are plenty of developers that have stated they have no plans to change their development schedules now to support Trophies. Here's the full list of games that will and will not support them. Really, beyond in-house Sony devs and really close (2nd party) partners, not too many devs are retrofitting their games. Future games will get them, but it's too late for most devs to change their cycles now.

Don't blame the devs for Sony's shortsightedness.

Why is it a bad excuse?

There are plenty of developers that have stated they have no plans to change their development schedules now to support Trophies. Here's the full list of games that will and will not support them. Really, beyond in-house Sony devs and really close (2nd party) partners, not too many devs are retrofitting their games. Future games will get them, but it's too late for most devs to change their cycles now.

Don't blame the devs for Sony's shortsightedness.

if it wasent for sonys hard waork we wouldent't have the playstion and good some good tvs also they actually LOST money when they sold the ps3 even though the price tag was 600$ when the hardware was worth about 800$ a 60 gig system and 600$ for a 50 gig so dont blame sony

if it wasent for sonys hard waork we wouldent't have the playstion and good some good tvs also they actually LOST money when they sold the ps3 even though the price tag was 600$ when the hardware was worth about 800$ a 60 gig system and 600$ for a 50 gig so dont blame sony

What does the hardware loss per PS3 unit have to do with Trophy support? :confused:

Look, let's be honest. The Trophy system is a direct response to the Achievements on the 360. Love them, or hate them, publishers noticed that people do actually make purchasing decisions based on the Achievements in 360 games. (For whatever reason, some people like the Gamerscore ego boost.) Sony realized that they were missing a vertical and addressed that late in the game by adding Trophies.

It's great that they are adding Trophies, but blaming the game developers for not foreseeing Sony's intent, or not getting the proprietary information before they released it, is backwards. Sony's Trophy development cycle is directly to blame for the lack of Trophy support in some games.

Civilization Revolution unfortunately got caught in the gap between games published before the 2.4 update and afterwards.

They aren't doing you a favor taking a loss. It is just part of the dev cycle of building a base early in the game. Neither MS, Sony, nor Nintendo are in the business for anything other than profit.

Top Bottom