Trophy Support for PS3?

@ alex: You think Sony is losing money on the PS3 because they're trying to be nice to you and are working hard? Every console manufacturer who pushes the boundaries of readily available tech is going to take a loss. Nintendo didn't, MS did, and Sony took the biggest. If they had not made their "nice" descision to sell the console at a loss, nobody would buy it at an 800 dollar price point. 600 was already ridiculous. It was a business descision, a gamble that most console manufacturers take, hoping they will make it up when console production ramps up, and with game sales.

@NikNak: Exactly right. The trophy system is wonked from the get go. It is a cheap catch-up/copycat move when they realized what a big deal the whole thing is on 360. It can never be as good as 360's system as it isn't comprehensive right from the start of the console's life cycle. People should not expect devs to patch trophies into old games (and do you really want to go back and play old games to gets some trophies, come on!), and for games caught in this kind of limbo like Civ Rev... it isn't the devs fault. New games will slowly start to get them. I would assume by holiday most will have them.

Just face it guys, Sony's online system, including Trophies/achievements will not be able to compete with Xbox until the next generation. There's a huge advantage in having it built into every game right from the get go as opposed to playing damage control and trying to catch up a couple years later.

Anybody who doesn't purchase this game simply because of the lack of trophies is making a bad descision. If you otherwise like the game, play it. If you have both systems, the 360 will probably be better. But if you want the game, and you've only got a PS3, you shouldn't let Sony's shoddy online system stop you from playing.

doh I asked a question earlier..before I found this thread...anyways if they could implement new content it wouldn't be hard to do trophies. Set 1 guy aside to do it.

But it is developers that decide whether or not to do it.. Sony said they would support it.

actually adding trophy support when it wasn't built-in from the get go is a lot harder than adding DLC.

But aside from that point, 2K has stated unequivocally that they will not be adding trophy support at any time. But rather than get upset at 2K for this, I'd get upset at Sony for not adding it earlier than 2 years into its life cycle(and not realizing it was a hit when it was on the 360 for a year before the PS3 came out)

No big deal to me since I've been played civ since the first one without any trophies/achievements. I doubt the new Colonization will have any either.

P.S if they had no trouble adding trophies to a cheap $10 game then I doubt it would be any trouble adding trophies to Rev if they want to. Still I rather them spend the time on the new Colonization instead.

Top Bottom