TSG 59 Opening Actions

I actually kept something like notes this time:
2: Spotted that lovely floodplain, but decided to settle on the silver.
3: Started Mining, AH from hut.
8: 20 culture - started Liberty.
10: Started Pottery
11: Masonry from hut.
18: Sold Silver, Purchased Shrine (probably my big mistake - they were going fast ) - I took Stone Circles.
Great Library @ 42
66: Founded Religion - Palpal Primacy + Pagodas
73: Started Rampage against Sweden
86:Conquered last Swedish city (Stockholm)
102:Added Holy Warriors + Religous Texts

After a big mess form the last GOTM it was time to get a good game with some extra cities. This time, every actions can be tolerated. After some interesting discussions form the HoF section, i'm now tempted to play the game as it is(like tommynt always said).

The following respects this attitude :

I started with 2 scouts. Found a culture ruin early, working Tradition. I rush bought a worker from the silver tile sold but also from DoWing Hellassie. Took max gold from gpt and stole him a worker as well. I've done the same some turns later with Sweeden. I aggressively purchased barbs and got some free influence around the world.

Spoiler :

Made peace with these 2 civs and purchased some buildings. A granary in my newly 3rd city and the stoneworks for my capital. I took stone circles(pretty late), desert folklore wasnt available. I managed to build the GL too(Drama).

When i finished the NC, 2 more cities have been settled. I started Petra in 2nd city and the Pyramids in capital to feed these new cities.

Founded a religion around t75 and took ceremonial burial and sword into plowshare. I want to combine happiness and growth to maximum. There is some few maritime cs around and the synergy seems good to work from. Tradition is completed in 7 turns.

Spoiler :

I'm pretty happy from my start so far.

Yeah, just checked and it appears to be a problem with the linked addresses.

Hmm ok i'm currently checking from another place(and computer) and i can see my pictures.

I will remake links when i will be back home.

interestingly enough, if you use Mozilla Firefox and also use NoScript addon you need to 'allow' civfanatics.com (give it permission with NoScript) to view his photobucket images. somehow a Firefox update reset my allowed websites (never happened before). i can now view the images, though.

i see we got almost if not the same five city placement Tabarnak
curious to see what you get in the end...

Yeah i've just realized the same thing...some of you guys are pretty experimented for the singleplayer environment of this game after all these months passed since GK came out. I'm not even close from your hours of play(i mainly play mp) but i will try my best. I really want to finish under 200 turns but i'm not sure if i can get unis so fast...NC was build on turn 80 with 3 cities, probably a bit late. But i'm doing ok for late games usually.

I settled the default hex, my scouts were finding ruins and getting 30 gold from city-states; with the Great Library i took Philosophy and got the Oracle so it was all good, settling an ocean port east beside the mountain.
Around turn 70 Sweden attacked and took my port and my horses, destroying 4 of my 6 fighting units. In spite of England's hostility it continued to trade so I managed to keep a little gold. I completed Honour so I could promote units and not lose my capitol. By turn 140 with a larger army I got my lost city back, plus one of Sweden's, and Sweden paid 228 for peace, but I've fallen seriously behind on Technology, so catching up could be hard.

- How did the terrain affect your early decisions?
Having so many differemnt luxury resources in my immediate area, I thought a wider empire would be best to snag them and really rake in the money. Plus cotton on the river makes great cash crops ;)

- What were your initial priorities?
Expand, expand, expand!!! And massive amounts of scouting to try and get the first contact bonuses from cs.

- What tech path did you follow and why?
Grabbed pottery and Mining early, then beelined to guilds going via Optics and Construction. Wanted Polder and markets asap. However I did neglect to get libraries -_- so my bpt was very low.

- Were there any early wars and who started them?
Nope, but I'm tempted to puppet the swedes, it's just they're so damned friendly.

- What Social Policies did you choose and why?
filled Liberty, just for the benefits of wide empire, Will be going half half into Patronage and Commerce from now though.

Attachments

• 2013-04-20_00001.jpg
    2013-04-20_00001.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 2013-04-20_00002.jpg
    2013-04-20_00002.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 2013-04-20_00003.jpg
    2013-04-20_00003.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 55
After a big mess form the last GOTM it was time to get a good game with some extra cities. This time, every actions can be tolerated. After some interesting discussions form the HoF section, i'm now tempted to play the game as it is(like tommynt always said).

welcome to "dark" side! :)

Hi guys! Long-time lurker and civ player here. I thought it might be fun to start playing along with everyone in these games and improve my strategy. I've recently bumped up to emperor and have been able to win a couple games on it recently, but I'm happy to go back to prince for my frist shot at the GOTM.

I basically followed the Tradition opener described here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=468487 with some slight adjustments. I got really lucky and popped masonry from a hut shortly after researching mining, which put me in the lead. I settled out near Ethiopia, but promised not to settle near him anymore, so I think I'm in his good graces. Ended up declaring war on Sweden even though he was about the only one with enough money to buy my resources. A group of about 5 composite bowman and a couple spearmen took care of him. I'm curious to see who we haven't discovered yet, someone out there stole the Great Library and the Hanging Gardens from me.

- How did the terrain affect your early decisions?
I was (and still am) hoping to go wide, but there were spices out by Ethiopia that I had my eye on so I sent a settler out there, which is somewhat far from my capital. It helped wall off him and England, which will give me somewhere around 7 cities in the long run I think.

- What were your initial priorities?
My initial priorities were to go tall so I followed the tradition opener strategy. Selling resources early with the extra happiness helped, but my neighbors usually didn't have any cash.

- What tech path did you follow and why?
I focused mostly on getting composite bowman so I could take Sweden since he was so close.

- Were there any early wars and who started them?
I declared war on my best friend Sweden. Sorry buddy...

- What Social Policies did you choose and why?
I chose all the Tradition policies, planning to have a tall empire with a strong capital.

Top Bottom