[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

Barak

Emperor
Thanks for the tip. I spent the time actually doing this. XD

If anyone wants to play on Earth Huge with the new civilizations add this to the Earth Huge map start position section.

Spoiler :
<Row>
<Type>CIVILIZATION_PORTUGAL</Type>
<X>53</X>
<Y>54</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>CIVILIZATION_VENICE</Type>
<X>63</X>
<Y>56</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>CIVILIZATION_POLAND</Type>
<X>67</X>
<Y>61</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>CIVILIZATION_BRAZIL</Type>
<X>40</X>
<Y>25</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>CIVILIZATION_ASSYRIA</Type>
<X>77</X>
<Y>50</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>CIVILIZATION_INDONESIA</Type>
<X>103</X>
<Y>27</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>CIVILIZATION_MOROCCO</Type>
<X>52</X>
<Y>47</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>CIVILIZATION_ZULU</Type>
<X>70</X>
<Y>15</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>CIVILIZATION_SHOSHONE</Type>
<X>17</X>
<Y>60</Y>
</Row>

Zulu starting position might not be 100% right in southern Africa and where you put Brazil is probably a personal preference, near Brasilia is what this one is though; buy anyways, they are both there. The three new natural wonders are not on this map yet, btw!

From a newbie perspective where exactly would I add this info?

Gedemon

Modder
Super Moderator
I still have the option to do an "Advanced Set Up." Not really sure when this information was posted. Really in 2010? I'm trying to download this map pack so I can use it with your Historical Start Dates MOD. I tried on another True Start Map. I started at the right time, but in a totally wrong place. I tried to start one on this Map pack, but I can't see the maps in the options when starting a game. Any help?

See at the end of the post :)
Last edited by Gedemon; 27-06-2013 at 06:00. Reason: v0.18 !

And if you don't have the custom game option, I think you've missed this very important step:

- from the mod section, click next, go to single player and then to custom game

bwoww78

Warlord
As a big fan of TSL maps and someone who's excited about getting back into CiV with BNW, I'm very happy to see you're working to include djvandyke's Greatest Earth Map in the History of Civilizaiton into this mod. can't wait until it's 100% integrated.

Along those lines (and since tbh I've never been a huge fan of the way the codiform standard map looks in general) I'd like to send a h/t to Veneke's excellent and thoughtful work on his Standard (80x52) map map and suggest it's inclusion to your absolutely well designed mod.

Another TSL standard size map that is playable for those of us without supercomputers would be awesome!

That is all --- thanks.

jinif

Chieftain
Sorry if this has been answered before, but I could not find it with a look glance.

I have BNW and I want to play as "Venice" in their true location, but on the Huge map rather than the Giant Map. However when I look at the list of Civs available after loading the scenario, I don't see them, or others BNW civ available.

am I doing something wrong? or is this just not available?

Fan67

Chieftain
Sorry if this has been answered before, but I could not find it with a look glance.

I have BNW and I want to play as "Venice" in their true location, but on the Huge map rather than the Giant Map. However when I look at the list of Civs available after loading the scenario, I don't see them, or others BNW civ available.

am I doing something wrong? or is this just not available?

I think BNW civs havent been added to YNAMP Huge map yet, because I experience the very same problem.

Zohar Abu

Chieftain
(sorry for my awful english) Gedemon, i'm a big fan of your maps and mods. Since Civilization II, i have only played in real world maps, cant explain why. In Civ IV i used the world map that came with the game to create a modern map, with all civilizations and resources in place as they are today. I want to do something similar for Civ V.

Here is a fact to show you how much i have enjoyed your work: I have 1000 hours of gameplay on Civ V and 99% of that time i was playing with your mod. So i was wondering if you could allow me to borrow your Earth Map (huge) so i can edit it. I cant find the world builder file in your mod. Maybe i'm stupid or just a noob with this kind of thing. Where can i find the file for your huge world map?

Also, i'm having a problem with SDK. It says that i have to update it and i dont know how to do it. Can someone help me with that? Thank you in advance.

Sorry again for my english and keep up the good work. Cheers from Brazil!

Frossa

Prince
Does anybody know a way to prevent certain tiles from being claimed? Especially in Europe, where really tight straits such as the English channel are very important for trading and such things, you always need open borders to the one owning those tiles. If they don't like you and don't want to open their borders, you're screwed.
Perhaps someone could make a mod? :D

Gedemon

Modder
Super Moderator
in "Another History" sea tiles won't be owned. Still need to test the replacement mechanism for sea resources before implemting it. Depending of it's level of complexity, it may be released as a standalone mod...

@Glassmage: is it broken ?

Frossa

Prince
in "Another History" sea tiles won't be owned. Still need to test the replacement mechanism for sea resources before implemting it. Depending of it's level of complexity, it may be released as a standalone mod...

@Glassmage: is it broken ?

Okay. Looking forward to that :D

Gedemon

Modder
Super Moderator
(sorry for my awful english) Gedemon, i'm a big fan of your maps and mods. Since Civilization II, i have only played in real world maps, cant explain why. In Civ IV i used the world map that came with the game to create a modern map, with all civilizations and resources in place as they are today. I want to do something similar for Civ V.

Here is a fact to show you how much i have enjoyed your work: I have 1000 hours of gameplay on Civ V and 99% of that time i was playing with your mod. So i was wondering if you could allow me to borrow your Earth Map (huge) so i can edit it. I cant find the world builder file in your mod. Maybe i'm stupid or just a noob with this kind of thing. Where can i find the file for your huge world map?

Also, i'm having a problem with SDK. It says that i have to update it and i dont know how to do it. Can someone help me with that? Thank you in advance.

Sorry again for my english and keep up the good work. Cheers from Brazil!

The huge map was made by Dale, not me, I've just done some minor edit on it, so credit Dale if you want to make another version of his map.

The map is in the Yet not Another Earth Map Pack (v.xx) folder under the Mods folder.

There is a sticky thread in Creation & Customization about the beta update of the worldbuilder.

Zohar Abu

Chieftain
All is working! Thanks a lot man. I will let you know when my map is ready if you want to take a look. Thanks again, brother. I hope to see more of your work soon. Take care.

nikolamat

Chieftain
Can I use this and the R.E.D. modpack xtreme in multiplayer?
Also when will the BNW version of this mod come out?

Gedemon

Modder
Super Moderator
mods are not allowed in MP.
and BNW version was released last week with the TSL for Giant Earth and Large Europe.

nikolamat

Chieftain
mods are not allowed in MP.
and BNW version was released last week with the TSL for Giant Earth and Large Europe.
Isn't this a map? Or is it the true starting locations that differentiates it from a map? Does that mean that all TSL maps cannot be played in mp. Sry for all the questions I am a newbie. I meant the BNW version on civ fanatics (I don't have a steam version of this game)

Gedemon

Modder
Super Moderator
Isn't this a map? Or is it the true starting locations that differentiates it from a map? Does that mean that all TSL maps cannot be played in mp. Sry for all the questions I am a newbie. I meant the BNW version on civ fanatics (I don't have a steam version of this game)
I don't know for other TSL maps, but I'm certain that this one won't work in MP: this is a mod, with a modded setup screen and some modded files to place the Civilizations, City-States, Natural Wonders and resources on the map (which are completely blank and can be used in MP if you copy them to your Maps folder, but without any features of this mod)

Has anyone else using this map pack with bnw had the Flibby archaeology error? :p
What is "the Flibby archaeology error" ? :D

lol I don't know I didn't see you say anything about updating it so just asking :)
Don't worry, this one does not require any update.

Top Bottom