[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

What is "the Flibby archaeology error" ? :D

When you have an archaeologist who is excavating a antiquity site and you get the option to choose archaeology(usually a great work or create a landmark) and the list you get t choose from is populated by lines called "Flibby 4", like in the attached screenshot. The Flibby's are also unselectable so you have to load a previous save and stop the archaeologist from digging up the site.
Apparently it happens with custom maps and possibly mods like in game editors.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 369
Never had this with this mod, and I've already used a lot of archaeologist.

Never had this with this mod, and I've already used a lot of archaeologist.

Lucky me so ;)
I did have a look around and found the code that is causing it is in ChooseArchaeologyPopup but no clue how to fix it so just hoping firaxis/2k bring out a patch soon.

mods are not allowed in MP.
and BNW version was released last week with the TSL for Giant Earth and Large Europe.

Is there a way to get the BNW Civs into the "Huge" map rather that the Giant one?

I would like to play with the new civs, but the Giant map is a little too big for my computer/tates.

Could I just add them in with the world builder?

Thanks for all your work with this!

see the 2 previous pages.

next update will be uploaded here (this week end if everything goes well)

When I try to load YnAEMP with the new Communitas Expansion Pack (CEP) it messes up with the TSL of civs on the Giant map (didnt tried in the others). Anyone having the same issue?

if CEP replace MapGenerator.lua or WorldBuilderRandomItems.lua, you'll have to merge the files (or delete them fom CEP if they are not absolutely required by the mod)

Hey Gedemon, on your Huge Earth map the G&K natural wonders (Uluru, Sinai, Kailash, Pada) aren't on the map in the world builder, but they are in the game when you actually play.

Where are they located? I wanted to move some around but I have no clue how to do it since they aren't actually on the map in the world builder.

search g_NaturalWonderPlacement in YnaemDefines.lua

if CEP replace MapGenerator.lua or WorldBuilderRandomItems.lua, you'll have to merge the files (or delete them fom CEP if they are not absolutely required by the mod)

I deleted the MapGenerator.lua from the CEP mod and so far I'd no more problems. Thanks!

I've put together city-state locations for the "Greatest" Map.

First, my notes on difficult decisions:

Spoiler :
TLDR: Some places are overcrowded, and the (intentional) map distortions made guesswork necessary in some places. Native American history is heartbreaking.

Specific notes:

Europe took a lot of guesswork. Switzerland, Italy, the former Austro-Hungarian Empire, are all overcrowded!

Many cities were right on the line between two tiles. I tried to make educated guesses.

I moved Kathmandu a tile east of where I felt it should be to accommodate India.

Tibet, rightly or wrongly, is all mountains. Therefore, Lhasa had to be moved way north of where it really is.

The other parts of Inner Asia (Almaty, Samarkand, Kyzyl, Kabul) were also approximate due to map distortion and mountains.

Kuala Lumpur, Malacca and Singapore (seriously, did Firaxs try to make this difficult?) are all on top of each other. I gave up and put them in a row.

The Levant (Tyre, Sidon, Byblos) had the same problem.

I know Jerusalem's not on the coast. This is one of those between-two-tiles things.

Brussles/Antwerp? Seriously? Why are these both... Whatever. Moving on.

I put Ormus in roughly its real location. It may be better, for gameplay, on the south side of the Persian Gulf.

I think there's a mountain where Antananarivo (Wow that is hard to say/spell) should be. Same for Yerevan.

I moved Mombasa a little north to accommodate Zanzibar. Really all of Africa was a little distorted.

Looking at Prague's location relative to where I put Vienna made me reconsider where I'd put Germany. Should Germany be one tile to the West?

Rome and the Vatican are the same. It would be *great* if one could code in something like "IF X-Civ is not in, THEN use Y-City-State."

I am overjoyed that Kyzyl is in the game. GO TYVA! :D However, Siberia is wildly distorted, and I had to guess (again). Also I wish Kazan and Sibir were city states. And Baikal a Natural Wonder... moving on.

For "Cheyenne," I went with the approximate location of the Northern Cheyenne Indian Reservation.

For the Sioux, I approximated the location of the late-1800s Great Sioux Reservation.

I sincerely wish that I didn't have to go with reservations, but those locations are better defined than the vast expanses of the pre-European-contact territories of those peoples. Input from experts would be welcome.

Garamantes was a nation/state/polity. I went with one of its capitals, Germa.

And now the actual city state locations:

Spoiler :
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_BRATISLAVA</Type>
<X>55</X>
<Y>49</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_BUDAPEST</Type>
<X>56</X>
<Y>48</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_GENEVA</Type>
<X>44</X>
<Y>47</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_RIGA</Type>
<X>57</X>
<Y>57</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_GENOA</Type>
<X>48</X>
<Y>46</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_FLORENCE</Type>
<X>50</X>
<Y>45</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_RAGUSA</Type>
<X>54</X>
<Y>44</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_SYDNEY</Type>
<X>102</X>
<Y>12</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_QUEBEC_CITY</Type>
<X>21</X>
<Y>54</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_BUCHAREST</Type>
<X>57</X>
<Y>48</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_BELGRADE</Type>
<X>55/X>
<Y>46</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_BRUSSELS</Type>
<X>43</X>
<Y>51</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_MONACO</Type>
<X>46</X>
<Y>44</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_KATHMANDU</Type>
<X>78</X>
<Y>41</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_HANOI</Type>
<X>84</X>
<Y>39</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_LHASA</Type>
<X>78</X>
<Y>46</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_ALMATY</Type>
<X>73</X>
<Y>50</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_KUALA_LUMPUR</Type>
<X>82</X>
<Y>35</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_SINGAPORE</Type>
<X>83</X>
<Y>33</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_PANAMA_CITY</Type>
<X>20</X>
<Y>25</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_CAPE_TOWN</Type>
<X>54</X>
<Y>3</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_SIDON</Type>
<X>62</X>
<Y>39</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_TYRE</Type>
<X>62</X>
<Y>38</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_ANTWERP</Type>
<X>42</X>
<Y>51</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_CAHOKIA</Type>
<X>13</X>
<Y>45</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_COLOMBO</Type>
<X>77</X>
<Y>29</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_HONG_KONG</Type>
<X>85</X>
<Y>42</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_ORMUS</Type>
<X>71</X>
<Y>38</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_JERUSALEM</Type>
<X>62</X>
<Y>37</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_LA_VENTA</Type>
<X>15</X>
<Y>32</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_VANCOUVER</Type>
<X>2</X>
<Y>54</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_MANILA</Type>
<X>88</X>
<Y>35</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_ANTANANARIVO</Type>
<X>66</X>
<Y>9</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_MILAN</Type>
<X>48</X>
<Y>47</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_MOMBASA</Type>
<X>63</X>
<Y>17</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_PRAGUE</Type>
<X>52</X>
<Y>51</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_VALLETTA</Type>
<X>50</X>
<Y>36</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_VATICAN_CITY</Type>
<X>50</X>
<Y>42</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_WITTENBERG</Type>
<X>50</X>
<Y>52</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_YEREVAN</Type>
<X>65</X>
<Y>45</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_ZANZIBAR</Type>
<X>64</X>
<Y>14</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_ZURICH</Type>
<X>48</X>
<Y>50</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_SAMARKAND</Type>
<X>71</X>
<Y>46</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_MALACCA</Type>
<X>83</X>
<Y>34</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_MOGADISHU</Type>
<X>66</X>
<Y>24</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_BYBLOS</Type>
<X>63</X>
<Y>40</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_KYZYL</Type>
<X>80</X>
<Y>59</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_IFE</Type>
<X>49</X>
<Y>22</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_KIEV</Type>
<X>60</X>
<Y>52</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_BUENOS_AIRES</Type>
<X>27</X>
<Y>7</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_MBANZA_KONGO</Type>
<X>52</X>
<Y>15</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_KABUL</Type>
<X>72</X>
<Y>43</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_SOFIA</Type>
<X>56</X>
<Y>46</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_UR</Type>
<X>66</X>
<Y>38</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_MELBOURNE</Type>
<X>100</X>
<Y>10</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_CHEYENNE</Type>
<X>8</X>
<Y>53</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_SIOUX</Type>
<X>9</X>
<Y>49</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_KINSHASA</Type>
<X>53</X>
<Y>16</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_HARAPPA</Type>
<X>74</X>
<Y>40</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_DAKAR</Type>
<X>39</X>
<Y>25</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_REYKJAVIK</Type>
<X>31</X>
<Y>61</Y>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>MINOR_CIV_GARAMANTES</Type>
<X>49</X>
<Y>31</Y>
</Row>

Guessing at these locations was lot of fun. We live in an amazing, crazy world!
Thank you very much :goodjob:

As a big fan of TSL maps and someone who's excited about getting back into CiV with BNW, I'm very happy to see you're working to include djvandyke's Greatest Earth Map in the History of Civilizaiton into this mod. can't wait until it's 100% integrated.

Along those lines (and since tbh I've never been a huge fan of the way the codiform standard map looks in general) I'd like to send a h/t to Veneke's excellent and thoughtful work on his Standard (80x52) map map and suggest it's inclusion to your absolutely well designed mod.

Another TSL standard size map that is playable for those of us without supercomputers would be awesome!

That is all --- thanks.
Possible, but I'll need the same help as for djvandyke's map.

Same for maps that are included but not updated yet (Cordiform earth, ...) or not coded (larger Europe, Asia...) or any other external map that you think could benefit of custom Civs selection and 22+ Civilizations DLL...

Gedemon, I appreciate you're busy but if you have a moment, I have a question for you: If I want to use, say, JFD's Papal States civilization mod (which replaces Rome) instead of Rome on your Giant Earth map, what should I do? Is it something a non-programmer can manage?

Gedemon, I appreciate you're busy but if you have a moment, I have a question for you: If I want to use, say, JFD's Papal States civilization mod (which replaces Rome) instead of Rome on your Giant Earth map, what should I do? Is it something a non-programmer can manage?

It is! I've done similar things a few times. The instructions for this kind of thing are in the first post, in the part about adding custom start-locations.

You will need to open some files and fiddle with some stuff, but it's nothing terribly complicated. The worst it gets is right-clicking on a .xml file, selecting "open with," choosing a simple text editor like Notepad, which comes pre-loaded with Windows, and then changing a very few words. Since you're replacing Rome, you won't even have to change any numbers!

Thanks, Al-Iskander, I'll give it a try.

sorry for posting this noob question once more:

If want to have the old CS which were later replaced by civilizations (eg Madrid, Carthage, Edinburgh) if i don't want to have Spain, Carthage, the Celts as players, do I simply have to edit the MinorCivStartPos.xml file as per the first post, and then use none of the CS mods?

Thank you in advance

gunnergoz,

Simply add the civ mods from JFD (I have plenty of them and use the 34 civ DLL) and then open the map in world builder and figure out where the start X,Y positions will be.

Now open the CivilizationsStartPos.xml file and cut/paste a new row entry under the relevant map section (the file contains sections for the various maps in the mod). Change the civ name to the one you want to add and the X,Y coordinates.

Thats it...once you load up the YnAEM mod it should detect the civ and place it on the map.

I really like the look of this, thanks for your efforts. Cant wait to give it a try once you upload it here.

gunnergoz,

Simply add the civ mods from JFD (I have plenty of them and use the 34 civ DLL) and then open the map in world builder and figure out where the start X,Y positions will be.

Now open the CivilizationsStartPos.xml file and cut/paste a new row entry under the relevant map section (the file contains sections for the various maps in the mod). Change the civ name to the one you want to add and the X,Y coordinates.

Thats it...once you load up the YnAEM mod it should detect the civ and place it on the map.
I'd like to have your TSL code for any custom civ you've added :D

sorry for posting this noob question once more:

If want to have the old CS which were later replaced by civilizations (eg Madrid, Carthage, Edinburgh) if i don't want to have Spain, Carthage, the Celts as players, do I simply have to edit the MinorCivStartPos.xml file as per the first post, and then use none of the CS mods?

Thank you in advance
To remove a major civ from one of the map it's CivilizationsStartPos.xml that you need to edit.

MinorCivStartPos.xml already contains the entries for the CS you want to use.

Only problem is that they have been removed by Firaxis (except Carthage which is in one of my CS mod that you can use), so you'll have to re-add them with a new CS mod.

Top Bottom