Turn Chat Instruction Thread: Wednesday 18 May - 18:00 GMT

Furiey

No Longer Just Lurking
Time: Wednesday 18 May - 18:00 GMT, 14:00 (2PM) EDT
Place: #turnchat
Game Save: 380 AD

All officials who are empowered to post instructions for the upcoming turn chat are to do so here. Please post at least one hour before the turn chat starts.

This is not a discussion thread

Future City Names:
Lem
Naples
Classicity
Dun Eideann
Tuttut
Bellopolis
Ratopia
Liveratica

Unit Names:
new names at post #123 of the registry:
LeatherNeck (Sword)
First MDI: Eric the Red (all so far have been upgraded from Swords already named)

Reserved Names of future units by citizens already passed on registry
Next naval unit: Old Ironsides
First Calvary: 1st King's Guard
Second Calvary: Comander Deo
First Plane: Air Kohn

(Previous Instruction Thread is here )

Middle-Earth instructions from the office of Governor Noldodan:
donsignia: Temple, Market, Pike
Bentley: Horse, Temple, Pike
Roosting Tree: Horse, Library, Market
New London: Horse, Horse, Horse
Ela Springs: Court, Library, Pike
Skye: Worker, Worker, Court
Chaos: Settler, Court, Settler
Husborne Crawley: Settler, Court, Pike
Halls of Mandos: Temple
Auchtermuchty: Temple
Delhi: Temple, Pike
Warm'ogh: Library, Court, Temple
Tracheon: Worker, Worker, Court
Nijmegen: Library
Falls Church: Temple, Court
Mr Roboto: Worker, Temple, Court
Barchester: Worker, Temple, Court
Rivendell: Temple, Court
DNA: Temple

No actual changes, but most of the cities have things to be added to the queue. I haven't had more than 10 minutes on a day for the past week, and I was gone all weekend, so... Sorry. :( But I'm the first with instructions this time!

Director of Infrastructure's Instructions for 380 AD

Slave by No_Where: Keep roading, then move 1NE and road that tile.

2 Slaves by Camelot: Finish mining, then go 3N to a tile 1SW of Sebadoh, and mine and road that tile.

2 Workers and 2 Slaves by Sebadoh: Irrigate the tile, then move 1NE and plant and chop a forest.

2 Workers by Sebadoh: Finish chopping, then mine and road the tile. Then move 1SE and mine and road the BG.

3 Slaves by Blather: Finish mining, then move 1N and mine and road a grassland tile.

Worker by Spichester: Finish mining, then road the tile, and move to the cow and mine it.

2 Slaves by Kingdom Hearts: Finish roading, then move 1SW, road that, then move onto the game tile by Regentham and road that.

Slave by Striders Haven: Finish chopping, then irrigate and road the tile.

3 Slaves and 1 Worker by Regentham: Irrigate and road the tile, then move S and mine that tile.

2 Slaves by Blacktopia: Finish roading, then road to Jaipur after we take it (or raze it).

2 Slaves by Striders Haven: Finish roading, then move 1NE and road that, and road to any newly conquered Indian cities.

Worker and Slave by Roosting Tree: Finish mining, then road the tile.

3 Slaves by The Black Hole: Finish mining, then mine the mountain S of The Black Hole.

5 Slaves by Husborne Crawley: Move 1NE and mine and road the mountain.

Slave by Husborne Crawley: Irrigate the tile, then mine the hill with the other slaves.

4 Slaves by Chaos: Finish irrigating, then road the tile. Then, mine the hill ENE of Chaos.

3 Workers by Bentley: Finish mining, then mine the hill NE of Warm'ogh.

2 Slaves by New London: Finish mining, then road the hill.

2 Slaves by Delhi: Finish mining, then chop the forest NNW of Delhi.

3 Workers by Ela Springs: Road the tile, then irrigate it. Then chop the forest S of Nijmegen.

Slave East of Nijmegen: Finish irrigating, then irrigate the tile W of Skye.

Slave NW of Nijmegen: Mine the current tile, then chop the forest NE of Tracheon.

Worker by Barchester: Finish roading, then irrigate the tile, and chop the forest E of Falls Church.

Any other workers not accounted for / newly created: DP's discretion. Keep them safe.

City Foundings: Build our next city on the northern desert tile by the fish, where we currently have a settler. The next city then should be in the area of Bengal, so we get the gems and block the chokepoint. The next few cities should be on the frontier by/in the Indian desert and if we capture the French cities, build up there to.

External Consulate’s instructions for the 5/18/2005 turnchat. Specific instructions appear first; the Term 3 Policy appears next, for reference purposes.

Specific Instructions

1. In all instances, the DP has the freedom to adapt instructions to the ever-changing game conditions. Our only stipulation is that the spirit of the instructions and long-term goals of the External Consulate be adhered to. Changing details to achieve the same (or a similar) end is fine.

2. The French declared war on us when we were at war with the Byzantines (subsequently we have made peace with the Byzantines). We have formed MA’s with other nations, and these run for another 6 turns. We will not contemplate peace before those 6 turns are up. Our objectives in this war are to capture and raze the towns of Marseilles and Avignon.
Additionally, we notice the French have captured the Chinese town of Tsingtao, which we believe is located north of Bengal and west of Bejing. (SEE THIS POST FOR SPECIFICS.) We’ve asked the CoAF to consider making troops available for taking that city. If this is feasible, we would like to see this done. If in order to reach Tsingtao we have to cross Chinese borders and be on their land for up to two turns maximum, this is acceptable.

3. After we take and raze Marseilles and Avignon (and if the DP elects, Tsingtao), we can seek peace with the French. Although our alliances expire in 6 turns, the External Consulate believes it will not be until 8 turns at the earliest that we will be in a position to seek a peace treaty. Do not renew MAs against the French; but don’t terminate them either until we are ready to make peace. When we are in a position to make peace with the French, the External Consulate prefers we stop the chat so we can discuss specific peace options. (We won’t know until then what the French will be willing to give us.)

4. Continue the war with the Indians until we have taken Jaipur and Bengal. In the unlikely event that the Indians establish another town – and if it on our home continent – continue the war until that, too is taken. If we’ve taken Bengal and Jaipur and the Indians have formed another town somewhere in the world that is not easily accessible to us, we have two options. First of course is to stop the chat so we can discuss specifics. Second, if the new town is located far enough away so that the situation resembles our “Over There” strategy where we gifted the Indians this town with the expectation that we would leave them with that at war’s end, then the DP has the authority to negotiate the most advantageous peace possible.

5. The Japanese formed a MA with the Byzantines and are at war with us. This is a phony war; it’s unlikely they can strike us. We don’t anticipate WW to become a problem during this turnchat. Continue the war with Japan until the end of the turnchat unless at some point they offer something greatly to our advantage in a peace treaty. We define that as a tech; a city; or considerable gold.

6. Currently we have 10 more turns to go in a peace treaty with the Netherlands; 8 more turns to go in a peace treaty with Persia; and 12 more turns to go in a peace treaty with the Byzantines. Do not break these treaties.

External Consulate – Policy for Term 3

Our Guiding Philosophy

Our long term strategy is to annex enough of the pangaea so that our territory is just below the domination limit. We expect we will at least annex most of the land up to and including the point where the Persian city Gordium currently stands.

We will seek to cripple the ability of all other Civilizations to win the game before we achieve our cultural goal of 130,000 points. This also means we cannot allow another Civ to reach 65,000 cultural points.

Long Term Foreign Affairs

1. We are now strong enough that we will not submit to any demands from another country.
2. We will continue to establish embassies with other Civs, and will encourage warfare and disharmony among our rivals. Such disharmony will be achieved through trade and alliances.
3. We will not enter into alliances, trades, or GPT deals with countries we think we will be at war with within 20 turns.
4. Once we establish a choke point at Gem Mountain we will consider entering into ROPs with other civs.
5. Portugal and the Pyramids are a priority target for annexation. Through discussion we’ve concluded that an overland attack may be the only practical option. Thus we will need to figure out how to get there.
6. China and France will be likely be targeted so we can get to Portugal.
7. Our policy is whenever possible any civ that has attacked us should be left with one city. Currently France, Persia, Byzantine, and Japan fall into this category.
8. Once we’ve established a chokepoint at Gem Mountain, we will demand that any “wandering” troops from another civ must leave our territory on our home continent. (Our home continent is all land west of Gem Mountain.) If not, we will declare war.
9. We will attack and destroy any city that is building the Smith’s Great Wonder. This wonder is to be ours.

Military Affairs

1. We are about to make peace with the Dutch. We will war again with them after our treaty expires, and either destroy them or extract valuable consideration from them.
2. We are about to attack India and will destroy them.
3. War with China should begin as soon as possible after the Indian war.
4. France has declared war on us. We will seek to take the city of Marseilles and Avignon before we end this war. If possible Tsingtao should also be taken.

Deputy Commander's Instructions
East: Capture Jaspur and then Bengal to compleately eliminate the Indians
Northwest: Capture Marseilles with our swordsmen stack. Once done captureing Marseilles, cross the French swamps to capture Avgnon. After the capture of Marseilles, use one uninjured swordsmen to explore a possible pathway in the east.

Special instructions for pikemen, they should be garrisoned in our outer rim cities :).

-Deputy vikingruler filling in for SaaM. He hasn't posted instructions yet and he said he's leaving and putting me in charge so I will post instructions.

Consider pop rushing temples in newly conquered cities. Also, if cities that aren't already building culture build library or temple, preferably library for next build. Make sure a cultural improvement is in build queue for near future like 2nd or 3rd build for ALL cities.

Governor of Fanashire: Instructions

Camelot: Switch to courthouse - rush - switch back to market(short rush). -> Settler -> Horse -> Settler -> Temple

No-Where: Worker - Library

Provolutia: Settler -> Settler -> Market

Sebadoh: Switch to temple - rush - switch back to library (short rush) -> Horse -> Market

Blather: Switch to temple - rush - switch to library (shortrush) -> Horse -> Market

Oxford: Forbiden Palace

Spichester: Library -> Horse -> Harbour

Regentham: Library -> Market

Kingdom Hearts: Settler -> courthouse.

Striders Haven: Courthouse

Blacktopia: Temple

Bengal: Temple

Jaipur: Temple and rush at presidents discretion and timing.

New towns that grow before a worker can be produced worker -> Temple. Towns that cannot grow before worker is produced temple -> Worker.

The "how to obtain Chivalry and Theology had "Abstain" as winner, so DP decides.

Research: full steam ahead to Military Tradition (which doesn't mean you can't down the slider if you can save money and still get the techs in the same time, or if citizens get unhappy) .

Chat has started

Turn 0 - 380 AD

Byzantines demanded 97 gold and declared War when we refused. they now have an Alliance with Spain. We have razed Marseille and have the Monopoly on Invention.

Turn 5 - 430 AD

The poll about what to do with Invention was inconclusive. The Persians have the Great Library so would get invention for free as soon as someone else got it, but they would give Theology, 159 gold and 56gpt for it now! We took it, then sold Theology to the Maya for Chivalry, 35gold and 5gpt

Turn 5 - 430 AD after the 2 major trades

2 turns before Gunpowder

turn 10 - 480 AD

We continue 2 more turns, to research Gunpowder, finish the Indians and raze Avignon. To top it all Great Leader Edward appears!

turn 12 - 500AD

Chatlog

Top Bottom