Turn Session: July 27th

Mayor of H-Marker Lake
That pop rush really set us back but I think we may recover quickly as the population of Coppacks returns and we get some workers to Babylograd. We have some real security now and expansion is still on track.

Expansion:
  • Babylograd will finish the settler in 3 and will need 3 turns to walk to A. Two votes for Dom as a city name.
  • The north is still a dangerous place but I’m anxious to get it settled. Two suggestions so far, C would be a coastal and river city with two bananas and at least two hills, B is closer and may have more hills. Megrov has been suggested as a name.

Production:
  • That means 3 cities and two workers already so I think Babylograd should produce maybe 3 workers before we build the settler for up north. I’d like Coppacks to keep making axemen and the new city will probably need a monument or barracks before anything else.

Technology:
  • We will finish writing in 2 turns then should we sign open borders? It may let some missionaries in.
  • I think we should research Iron Working next which will allow us to settle the jungle tiles up north.

Exploration:
  • The barb city right next to Coppacks looks like it’s on a hill so I’m not sure when we will be in a position to take it out. We really don’t even have anyone who can safely get a better look until we finish our next axe.
  • If we have open boarders our scout can quickly run through and map Inca and Germany.
  • Our archer is carfully exploring the north toward the coast to give us a better idea of where to settle and hopefully cut down barb spawning.

Diplomacy:
It’s a huge map but on Terra half the map is preserved as a new world inhabited only by barbs so it’s a little tough to know just how much room we have to expand into. But here is what we know so far (listed in order of score).

Inca with Joao II - Buddhist holy land - neighbor SE
Egypt with Julius Caesar - Jewish holy land – far NW
Summeria with Tokugawa – Buddhist – far E – no demographics
Ottomans with Boudica – no religion – not located – no demographics
Aztecs with Brennus – Hindu holy land – not located - no demographics
Germany with Genghis Khan – no religion – neighbor S
Rome with Pericles – no religion – not located
Portugal with Zara Yakob – no religion – not located

Attachments

• barb city0000.JPG
    barb city0000.JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 245
  • Prince Civius BC-1500.CivBeyondSwordSave
    168.3 KB · Views: 234
  • city 40000.JPG
    city 40000.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 244
Expansion:
Dom sounds fine. I like C better.

Production:
I agree with all points.

Technology:
Agreed. Open borders sounds fine.

Exploration:
Let's stay away from the barb city for a while. Yeah, let's map Inca and Germany.

yep, Don is like the river in central russia. Dom is house in russia...both sounds good anyway.

if we are going to name one by the sea remember back couples of months we were supose to name that city Port-au-Prince in memory of Haiti

for expansion as long as we have a city on the ocean soon so we can be the first to send explorers in the new world to find at least 2-3 techs with goody huts...

yep, Don is like the river in central russia. Dom is house in russia...both sounds good anyway.

if we are going to name one by the sea remember back couples of months we were supose to name that city Port-au-Prince in memory of Haiti

for expansion as long as we have a city on the ocean soon so we can be the first to send explorers in the new world to find at least 2-3 techs with goody huts...

Port-au-Prince really wouldn't fit now, it ws more of a sympathetic impulse way back when, so I believe Don or Dom would be our best choices.

...if we are going to name one by the sea remember back couples of months we were supose to name that city Port-au-Prince in memory of Haiti

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. Naval power will be pretty valuable in this game and I'm not talking about belly buttons.

Port-au-Prince would be a weird name for a Russian/Babylonian civ though, can you Rusify it anyone?

End turn

Explore
Barb archer – north

Finish writing, start iron working (20 turns)
Open borders with everyone except Tokugawa

Settler finished, start worker (7 turns)

Archer reaches north coast
Scout enters Inca

Settle Don, start monument (45turns)

Horses discovered in north
Barbarian warrior appears in east, archer still there too
Barbarian spearman appears near Don
Archer upgraded to city defender, warrior moved back to Coppacks, axeman moves south

Barb archer appears in west

Don destroyed by barbarian spear :(
Barb warrior killed by German archer, then wounds barb archer and dies
Workers finish mine and chop near Coppacks

Barbarian spear spawns in SW
Barb archer pillages cottage near Coppacks
Coppacks finishes axe starts another (7 turns)
Axe kills archer
Workers start cottage

Babylograd finishes worker starts another (6 turns, can do axe in 5)
Barb city spawns on Don

Military Situation
I’ve never played this map before but barb activity is certainly much higher than I expected.

• Barbarian threats
    Spearman in SW
    Archer in center of empire
    Barb citie in NE
    Barb city in SE
  • Our units
    Archer defending copper
    Axeman healing in Coppacks
    Warrior defending Coppacks
    2 workers near Coppacks, 1 at Babylograd
    Axeman on road in center
    Warrior defending Babylograd
    Archer exploring north
    Scout exploring Inca

We lost Don but since a barb city spawned on the same spot we can maybe get it back with 3 axemen.

Espionage:
We need to adjust ep’s, Joao’s ep score increased this turn and we lost his demographics but we are in 8th or 9th place for every important demographic (our highest score is territory – 6th place)

But here are our rivals in rank of score and their number of cities
Inca with Joao II – 3
Egypt with Julius Caesar - 3
Summeria with Tokugawa – 5
Portugal with Zara Yakob – 5
Ottomans with Boudica – 4
Aztecs with Brennus – 4
Rome with Pericles – 4
Germany with Genghis Khan – 5
Us - 2

Production:
We can build axemen in Babylograd in 5 turns and since we are at the happy limit already pop rushing is an option too.

Technology:
Iron working in 10 but at 100% science we are -2 gpt with 59 gold in the bank, 80% holds steady so we have gold for random events

Honestly I usually quit if I loose a city to barbs, but this game really has my interest and I'm all for continuing. Over to you Vandal, good luck!

Attachments

• Prince Civius BC-1250.CivBeyondSwordSave
    191.7 KB · Views: 203
  • surrounded0000.JPG
    surrounded0000.JPG
    188.6 KB · Views: 206
Top Bottom