turns 37-54

I calculated the worker turns. We won´t get the dyes connected before the revolution.

Firstly, so not to delay that even more, this means the worker cannot connect 1e2se first. Well. It should directly walk towards the Carlion forest, chop it into a NM, road the tile, then to the hill, road it, 2nd next settler settles the southern channel town, connect dyes. Should be done somewhen around when Republic will be established.

Secondly, the next town. Really, everyone should by now have said his opinion. I saw you guys online, but no one posted about this topic except Ivan and myself.
If we do not get a majority for my proposal 1e2se, which I am still very fond of, then silks town may make more sense than anything else.
-> There is no road prepared to any other place (except 1n2nw, which I am strongly against, because there is nothing it can work, it is a fishing village and has not strategic importance).
-> It does not need worker turns too early, other than the road connection.
-> We at least get this lux until we revolt.

Thirdly, Glastonbury. I like Lanzelot´s proposal to speed up the granary here and lend the flood plains tile to Carlion in 2 turns. Carlion will grow faster. And Glaston will finish the granary size 4 with 18 food in the bin, if I count correctly.
Is it possible to time another worker on the last turn when we revolt with a forest chop? (Ivan?)

Fourthly, if we set up Glastonbury like this, it would be another argument for 1e2se in my eyes. Because this town can work one roaded irrigated high quality-river tile which won´t get worked for another x turns otherwise. Connection will be quite a bit delayed, that is the sorry point, but otherwise things seem to look good with it.

templar_x

Ivan already started to think about the revolution, and I had a thought on this now also.

Of course we should set up our towns so that they do not starve.

And growth should stay possible wherever there is enough happiness.

With 3 luxes connected this would be 2 happy faces, is that correct? Enough to have a size 4 town on full growth.

But probably we will have only 2 luxes connected, maybe even 1 (except if we pursue either my "light" proposal to build a silks colony or Ivan´s "town settling" proposal to found on the southern tundra silks.

We need to set any town up with enough food in the bin to not have it starve then. Better not let it grow before the revolution than have it starve.

What to build even before we revolt?

We will have a worker, a warrior and 2 settlers from the capital. (correct?) The 2nd settler can either be a 4-turn settler finished on t11 or a 5-turn settler on t12. t11 requires all strong tiles from Tinta if I count correctly (would make me want the 1e2se even more to work the other tile...).
Since it can regrow during revolution, I am for the t11-variant, even though it may seem counter-intuitive.

We could also have a third settler from Glastonbury! It maybe will require a forest chop, but I think having another town that we can build during the anarchy period could be worth it. What do you think? Or rather 2 workers??? (we also need those!)
Edit: I think two workers are better. But in Republic I would like to have the town a 5-7 SF for a while, to fill the town sites we still want. Like, the lake towns do not necessarily need tiles improved immediately, if they can work the lake tiles.

Not sure about Tinta. Should we avoid growth to size 5 before the revolution? Or will the wheat suffice to keep the cap growing and avoid starvation in Tinta? I cannot imagine it will.

templar_x

templar is right in that the 1E-2SE site will be a strong production site. However: at the moment nothing is prepared there yet. The 3 BGs still need a lot of improvement. (The tiles that the cap doesn't need, can be worked by Carlion, which will reach size 3 soon.)
So how about the following plan:

- First town is built by the dyes.
- Second settler goes to 2N-1W.
- And finally: let's have that 3rd settler from Glastonbury! During anarchy it can walk to the "middle channel" site and add another floodplain and the iron hill for Carlion. (Also it will be good to have these sites settled asap, in case the Anarchos don't agree to our settlement plan.)
The advantage of that plan would be: Glastonbury can use two FPs, Carlion one FP, and the wheat could be given to the site 2N-1W! (If we need to rush/disband shields in Glastonbury, it can probably go without the wheat?) We can also chop 2 forests into 2N-1W to speed up the library and then use the whale. With a whale, the wheat and some river plains, that town should be both: decently productive and a research powerhouse.

Then the first settler from Camelot after anarchy will build 1E-2SE.

Let's wait with the silks colony until the last moment. Perhaps we can survive without it. But if not, we should be prepared to make that sacrifice.

The new worker should go towards Carlion, improve one or two tiles there and then prepare the road to 1E-2SE. The current Carlion worker can chop the forest and prepare the dyes connection. The Glastonbury worker chops a forest into the first settler and then prepares a river plain for 2N-1W. Afterwards it can start chopping forests into 2N-1W.

I see I am not getting a majority for my settling sequence. :rolleyes:

However:
- "middle channel town" will need the fp itself in order to grow decently
- 2n1w will not have some river plains if we want every town size 12. see the dotmap.
This is still the only 1st ring site I would never have thought of to settle now. Rather southern and middle channel town, even silk town!
In the long run this is going to be a fishing village. A good one, but not specific strategic importance.

templar_x

However:
1)- "middle channel town" will need the fp itself in order to grow decently
2)- 2n1w will not have some river plains if we want every town size 12. see the dotmap.
This is still the only 1st ring site I would never have thought of to settle now. Rather southern and middle channel town,
3) even silk town!
In the long run this is going to be a fishing village. A good one, but not specific strategic importance.
1)It is far away and have no use for Anarchy/early Republic. First we should have road there.
2)It is Lib/harbor City, second research center. Slow grow. Good in long run. But not immediate importance.
3) If we keep forest/silk some commerce/production. But immediately big use. And Worker go there. 2 Workers for 3 Cities - good balance...

We will have a worker, a warrior and 2 settlers from the capital. (correct?)
Correct. We have to skeep 1 Warrior and build settler in 5 If we use Forest (3+3+4) we may do in 4. May be OK.

Edit: I think two workers are better.
How you manage? I calculated only 1...

Well, three physicians, four opinions.... :crazyeye:

Do we have consensus on a 3rd settler from Glastonbury?
And forest chop at Carlion? I prefer library over Numidean. (Much too early to think about sending units to the other continent. I'm not risking a war for a worker and 2-3 pillaged tiles! First we need to find out more about the diplomatic situation on the other continent. If the other two are indeed cooperating, we need to be well prepared before we can risk such a thing. We are still last place in production... :rolleyes:)

So if you don't like the middle channel, then what about the following order:
  1. south channel (dyes)
  2. 2N-1W
  3. 1E-2SE
Or we could switch 2 and 3, so that the Glastonbury settler doesn't need to walk such a long way.
After all: can't be that bad to build the future core towns early...

i´d take the 2 workers.

plant one first ring town first (i prefer 1e2se), and the middle channel town second.

templar_x

I think t-x meant south channel
looks that second City (Dice) is OK.
But I still think Silk town best. We need it anyway or we need Colony.
My calculation shows that only 1 Worker come out of Glastom before anarchy.

Numibian: We need FP ASAP. Lib takes too long. But I agree reconsider.

yes, i meant south channel. sorry for the confusion.

if silk town first and south channel second, i would not find that good, but better than the other proposals i saw.

Glastonbury: using Lanzelot´s proposal, we would have 4f and 3s for two more turns (+forest on growth). then 5 more turns with 2f and 5s. granary finished. then 2x2-turn workers by turn 11. revolt.

do i oversee anything?

what do you mean in the FP town. switch to FP now? Or finish 1 NM?

I do not see why to worry like Lanzelot does about a mini scale invasion of the other continent.

templar_x

what do you mean in the FP town. switch to FP now? Or finish 1 NM?
If we cut forest finish Numidian. With Horses connected we could build Chariot. Or Archer if we trade WC.

BTW, Lanzelot, if we just wanted to seal off our lands because we Fear that you cannot negotiate our settlements with the Anarchos, we only would have to devote 2 settlers for the Northern Channel town and the tobacco/Sugar town. I doubt they would Settle behind our lines.
However, those are crappy sites to Found so early.

If we now really Found the 2 Lux towns before we revolt, i would strongly Support Middle Channel town First in Rep., As it will Open up TWO Food ressources!
Then go for settlers until we have 1e2se, then 2n1w, then the 3 border towns, starting with the Middle and the South one. Then workers from Glaston. Cap builds settlers for the Rest.

Templar_x

If we cut forest finish Numidian. With Horses connected we could build Chariot. Or Archer if we trade WC.

If we want to connect dyes fastest possible, No Chop, just Road. Worker there to Forest Next turn, Road 4t, to Hill, r 4t, Settle, to dyes: r connects dyes in 14 turns, Not counting the Slow work due to Revolution.

T_x

cut+road=5
road straight on forest 4 turns.
May be better road Hills, we will need road there anyway.

Why Not leave the Forest for Short term production...

Why Not leave the Forest for Short term production...
OK, but road may go via hills or via forest. Unlikely, that Forest will be at work. It is Minor point anyway.

So did we agree about silk City? Or still thinking? I think we will need Colony instead.
Where Worker will go?

Do you mean you changed your mind and prefer colony on silks now? :confused:

I prefer road on forest for now. If the situation allows Carlion to work both fp´s and a third tile, i would like to have the forest worked.

templar_x

No, I think City on Silk better then Colony.

We will cut silk forest and Irrigate.

File appeared. I think "no matter what" worker go south for City or for colony.
I am not sure, that Curragh must go around island. Better go around continent to see general structure.

Top Bottom