turns 37-54

Dunno though why the colony is so completely off the table for you...
It is all possible to calculate, but look, it is 15-16 turns ahead... May I wait 2 turns.

Regarding the exploring warrior, I would continue around the Great Lake counter-clockwise. Deals with the Anarchos take too long, if they will happen. We want to see those lands.

templar_x

Regarding the exploring warrior, I would continue around the Great Lake counter-clockwise. Deals with the Anarchos take too long, if they will happen. We want to see those lands.

templar_x
Agree. we will have one more warrior soon who will explore.

new save is posted. we know the Küche. like Eagles, without Philo. So it was probably only the Eagles who tried for it, and lost the race.

L, you giving the usual greetings?

t_x

I played, and uploaded. This turn not "critical" at all. I Change Glaston to 4-2-4 food scheme.
Optimized workers a little. Curraghs sail "west". South Currags see Kuche and Eagles warriors.

However, befor next turn we have to decide (vote) for possible options:
1) City from Camelot on Silk (no e2SE before Republic) (max gpt)
2) City from Tinta on Silk, E-2se from Camelot next (min gpt)
3) Colony on Silk, E-2Se from Camelot (Worker lost)
4) Nothing on silk, starvation at Anarchy. (Lost of population).

My preference is 1 2 3 4, the rest variants have no logic.

with no time at hands to do the calculations, and taking it as given that all variants lead to Rep in the same time, i would either say:

2-3-1-4 or even rather 3-2-1-4.

in such a game, i would always and without hesitation trade a (very minor) short term disadvantage for a strategic and middle/long term advantage.

speaks: i would not sweat 3 more or less gold coins until revolution, if then we have a more sensible distribution of our corruption. moreover, i would not sweat 1 pop and 10 shields for the same reason.

whatever the disadvantage on our core cities will be if we found an unimportant 2nd ring town before (silks town), it will last forever! could easily be 5% or something like that, turn for turn for the whole game, and i do not see at all what we get for it. Republic shall be on the same turn, and we can reach the goal of no starvation during revolution both ways. there is nothing else of importance that i could recognize.

templar_x

Yes, templar and myself have discussed this point in detail in our call last night, and his explanations made a lot of sense to me. Basically the important point is: this game is most probably going to be a very long one. Therefore the most important strategic aspect is to get the lowest possible corruption in our first ring cities and then in our cities around the Forbidden Palace.

Ivan, you are the expert on corruption, but it does look like an early silk town would have a bad influence on the following core cities, wouldn't it? In that case I agree with templar that 3) might be the best option. The worker is not doing much during anarchy anyway, and after anarchy we can easily rebuild it. And Tinta needs harbor and library urgently, so 2 pop points and 30 shields lost, would probably delay it too much. (I guess it is clear that we need to put high priority on our libraries in order to compete with a scientific tribe.)

Lanzelot

Ivan, you are the expert on corruption, but it does look like an early silk town would have a bad influence on the following core cities, wouldn't it?
Not at all. Place itself corrupted so "no use except silk and some food". But core does not suffer.
However if we build e2se all will suffer badly. Probably we will manage to get Republic in time (if Colony) but Granary +settler from Glastonbury will be difficult.
In terms of "corruption" the best strategy is to build wide first and later to fill close core and pump population when aqueduct ready/rushed.
Good that nobody wants 4) ... Now I see that 2 is very risky, I start hesitate between 1 2 3 4 and 1 3 2 4 but 1 safest version. Advantage of 1 and 2 that Calmamm will work on Forest river silk at Republic, so I prefer 2 if you outvote me with 1 and Republic will be at the same 10 turns.

ut Glaston will grow before it finishes the granary by that scheme
Well, I just saw that 3+3+4 give the same amount of Shields. But we may hire Sci and delay growth after Granary...

Not at all. Place itself corrupted so "no use except silk and some food". But core does not suffer.
However if we build e2se all will suffer badly. Probably we will manage to get Republic in time (if Colony) but Granary +settler from Glastonbury will be difficult.
In terms of "corruption" the best strategy is to build wide first and later to fill close core and pump population when aqueduct ready/rushed.
Good that nobody wants 4) ... Now I see that 2 is very risky, I start hesitate between 1 2 3 4 and 1 3 2 4 but 1 safest version. Advantage of 1 and 2 that Calmamm will work on Forest river silk at Republic, so I prefer 2 if you outvote me with 1 and Republic will be at the same 10 turns.

well, we WILL build all first ring towns, so this "suffering" of the outlying towns *will* happen. this is a small map, and we need the first ring towns to be strong and up and running soon. i even believe that is the one detail where we played significantly better than the others until now, and that is why we always led in commerce.
in general, you are only speaking about distance corruption here, and leave out rank corruption, correct?

templar_x

No, I am thinking about rank corruption. Distance corruption of our Cities remain the same. Rank corruption of any "outer" City increases when we build distance-3 City like e2se. That's why I want it as late as possible. From another hand you want it as soon as possible to let it grow and compensate loses of "outer" corruption.

Exactly ;)

I am game if we decide to build 1n2nw a little bit later. emphasis on "little bit".

so if we build 3 settlers (without a certain order): 1e2se, middle and southern channel town.

ok for me.

if we build 4 settlers (again without a certain order), which practically means 1 settler from Tinta: well, ok, if you really want it, ;) let us build silks town.

If we see a chance to live without that 4th settler and silks town, i would still prefer to have Tinta NOT build a settler. this way it will have the lib earlier, and size 7 (even with a clown that would be a good thing).

with 3 luxes, what will our towns look like in anarchy? 2 happies, right?

templar_x

with 3 luxes, what will our towns look like in anarchy? 2 happies, right?
Yes, but Dice will not be connected at Anarchy time yet.
1 settler from Tinta: well, ok, if you really want it,
. Not really... But I don't want e2se before Republic.

why not as the last one before revolution?

South Channel must be second due to "roading". "Middle channel" most logical from Glastonbury. So first go to Silk or e2se.
I know that "silk" is dreadful City. But worker save overcome advantage of earlier e2se. (I "think", but may be wrong). I may "think more" and if I will find out that corruption in Glastonbury will not kill third Settler i may "cave".

yes. but 1 and 3 could be exchanged. it would lose 1 turn on each city build, but this might be a small sacrifice compared to what other consequences each of us dreads.

just in case your calculations do not show enough shields for Glaston... ;)

templar_x

the worker, that would be used for a colony, rather has to do with whether we want that 4th settler from Tintagel. But if we do not build it, like I would prefer, then yes, we will spend the 1 pop and 10s for that.

templar_x

{1, 1, 1}
{2, 1, 1}
{3, 2, 2}
{4, 3, 3}
{5, 3, 3}
{6, 4, 4}
{7, 4, 5}
{8, 5, 5}
{9, 6, 6}
{10, 6, 7}
{11, 7, 7}
{12, 8, 8}
{13, 8, 9}
{14, 9, 9}
Blue shields in Glastonbury before(Last column) and after e2se. Critical value is 7 full Schields.
However, because of even number of shields in Glastonbury (no irrigated plain yet) it does not bring any difference. Granary will appear at 1525 and Settler with forest cut at 1425 BC. We have choice which forest? (Black worker may go to FP for road. ).

So variant 3) possible.
It is many features, however. Can I play until Republic? Otherwise I need to make detailed SS.

Top Bottom