• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Two minor things for immersion

DST1348

Warlord
Am I the only one who is bothered by plain turn timer? From the replays I have seen, all it shows is just 'Turn X', without any time scale. I would appreciate it if it said some in-game time, like Year 2312, for immersion. Similarly, I don't like that city size is just '5'. At least in the city screen it should say something like '250 000 Citizens' to give a sense of growth. It used to do that in Civ 1 to Civ4!

IIRC, there is a year marked for each turn as well in the upper right. Maybe that was only in earlier models.

I always had trouble figuring out precisely how many people one population was. On one hand, a fairly large empire in the modern times usually has ~10 population a city for wide, and in some cases ~6, though you can stack it up to 40 or more, but it's weird how fast cities grow so early on and how light on population the world is in the modern era if the population count scales for early game. The USA, for instance, would definitely be a wide empire with a few big cities for instance, but it has well over 300,000 citizens. This doesn't fit well when you think about it in CiV terms.

Top Bottom