Typing Test.

Darth Caesar

Might be a Wizard
Here is a good site to see how fast you type. http://www.typingtest.com/

I scored 55 WPM which is nearly 20 above average and saves me 3.5 hours a week for every 10 hours I type. Take the test, see your score, and sig it if you feel like it!

Mine's 78 WPM. Could definitely do better. :(

66 wpm, 1 error, 65wpm adjusted. All the bloody quotes and dashes were screwing me up.

EDIT: Okay, I did a crap load better with a different text selection. The above score was with the default "astronaut" text. I tried it with "test instructions" and got 84 wpm, no errors, 84 wpm adjusted and saved myself 5.5 hours per week. 133% above the average of 36 wpm.

:eek: Wow how much time do you save a week?

I don't know, was that displayed on the results page? I closed it after seeing my score. For me, 78 WPM is actually slow, last time I tested I scored over 85 WPM. (Keep in mind I've been a professional writer and editor for the last 13 years - that's a lot of typing practice.)

But technically I don't think I "save" any time, though hopefully I make up for some of the hours I waste on CFC. ;)

95 wpm, 3 errors, 92 wpm adjusted, saving up to 6 hours per week. Annoyed that I can't get above 100 :( That was with the astronaut text.

Edit:
107 wpm, 2 errors, 105 wpm adjusted, saving up to 6.5 hours per week, 192% above average with the test instructions text :D

87, adjusted to 86. I'm definitely getting much faster at typing now.

Typing tests are irrelevant because I very rarely type at full speed... it hurts my hands to keep at it for too long.

Typing for more than 11 years? :dunno:

I taught myself to type and it's much more efficient than home row (for me)

Typing for ~7 years now. I got something like 100wpm in the last two typing test threads

Never learned to touch type: my right hand flies and works with most of the keyboard and my left hand is static and just hits keys left of 5(ish). I've just learned a lot of patterns of words and put them together as known muscle combinations. Great for straight English but really slow for anything not in normal usage. But I've been doing that for 40 years, so I'm quite happy that I can always easily rattle out more than 50 wpm.

Got 66 adjusted on the Test Instructions script. Worse than I could do back in high school, but I can't help but feel it's not an overly useful skill for me. I think I was slower at reading and processing all the words with punctuation than I was at actually typing it, and besides which, the typing I actually do (coding C++) doesn't exactly translate.

Never learned to touch type: my right hand flies and works with most of the keyboard and my left hand is static and just hits keys left of 5(ish). I've just learned a lot of patterns of words and put them together as known muscle combinations. Great for straight English but really slow for anything not in normal usage. But I've been doing that for 40 years, so I'm quite happy that I can always easily rattle out more than 50 wpm.

That's how *some* words are with me and it's very satisfying to type like that.

Top Bottom