UHV Japan

Ironically, it took me the exact ammount of hours to go from UHV2 to UHV3 that i took from UHV1 to UHV2.

The last stretch was pure sweat mode, maximizing EVERYTHING to science.

Congratulations! :thumbsup: Japan is the hardest civilization to win a historical game as, so you have now entered the elite group of DoC fanatics who have pulled it off.
Thanks. You got any suggestion for era-spanning games? (From Historical/Religious to standard victories)

Thanks. You got any suggestion for era-spanning games? (From Historical/Religious to standard victories)
Era spanning games as which civilization? That's a broad question. If we are just talking in general, I would say the biggest difference between "short" games and "long" games is in the former, you spend most of your time training units, and in the latter, you're actually able to spend more time constructing buildings. With Great People, the dynamic really shifts from always using Great People to bulb technologies, to actually being able to settle/create Great Buildings. And with diplomacy, you go from not really caring about long term consequences, to choosing wars and sides more carefully, in order to not cause too much diplomatic penalties.

Era spanning games as which civilization? That's a broad question. If we are just talking in general, I would say the biggest difference between "short" games and "long" games is in the former, you spend most of your time training units, and in the latter, you're actually able to spend more time constructing buildings. With Great People, the dynamic really shifts from always using Great People to bulb technologies, to actually being able to settle/create Great Buildings. And with diplomacy, you go from not really caring about long term consequences, to choosing wars and sides more carefully, in order to not cause too much diplomatic penalties.
Im interested in not just a long game. I want a game where i start Ancient-Early Medieval and end in Global/Digital.
I'm thinking of India, idk.

Japan (on Monarch difficulty) took me so many attempts over the years but I finally managed it. I could never make the Republic strat work, instead Despotism was what worked for me.

Top Bottom