UK Election Results 2010

Well it sounded polished but he didn't offer anything at all.

He seemed to imply that electoral reform would still involve First Past The Post. Why would the LDs go for that?

So going by the predictions, we have:

Code:
Conservative                     305
Labour                           260
Liberal Democrat                 57
Democratic Unionist Party        8
Scottish National Party          6
Sinn Fein                        5
Plaid Cymru                      3
Social Democratic & Labour Party 3
Green                            1
Alliance Party                   1
Independent                      1

If Labour, Lib-Dems, SDLP, and the SNP formed a coalition, they would have the necessary 326 seats. Heck, scrap the SNP and include the Plaid and you'd still have a majority of 323 (since Sinn Fein MPs don't actusally take their seats).

OTOH, I find it very hard for the Tories to form a majority coalition without help from the Lib-Dems.

I'm very disappointed with the Lib Dem performance. I was hoping for electoral reform and we're unlikely to get PR now. We'll be lucky to get something like the STV, which will confuse enough of the electorate that they still won't risk voting for anything other than Lab or Con as their number 1 choice.

They have till Tuesday 25 May which is the State Opening of Parliament, when a Government MUST get their Queen's Speech passed through the Commons, If a Government can't get it's Queen Speech through the commons then a new election must be called.

If it were possible, I'd ask for another election just to purge the Libs from the Commons. Anybody can see that Cameron deserves to be PM.

Hmmm, that sounds very close to shouting STFU at 23% of the population.
In the meantime you think 36% of the population should get complete control ?

If there's another election, I suspect many of the LibDem waverers would actually vote LibDem this time.

Well there were many screw-ups at the polling stations, and I've just read that UK expats did not receive their postal votes.

1. Some local cards, had directed voters to inappropriate polling booth
2. Some polling stations did not have enough forms
3. Some polling stations were overcrowded and prevented voting
4. Expats did not receive their postal votes

I think there are many reasons to hold the election all over again. I hope that Labour and LibDem adjust their pledges to meet whatever it was that had attracted new (and politically inactive) voters to Conservative.

If there's another election, I suspect many of the LibDem waverers would actually vote LibDem this time.

Or LibDem supporters would vote for one of the other two parties so there would be a majority.

I like the system we have. I don't like the parties and the role of leaderships. I would much prefer to vote for a local MP who had expressed to me their own intentions.

On principle, I support independent thinking.

If Labour, Lib-Dems, SDLP, and the SNP formed a coalition, they would have the necessary 326 seats. Heck, scrap the SNP and include the Plaid and you'd still have a majority of 323 (since Sinn Fein MPs don't actusally take their seats).
So how likely is it that the SNP would support a LibLab government? Which of these minor parties would support a LibLab or a Tory minority government?

If the LDs lose seats then I will breakdance myself over to Scouserpool and breakdance outside Paradigmshifters gaff til the cown come home and breakdance

PM me for details of how to get here.

I'm no lawyer but i would make the claim that as there is no such place as Scouserpool and that the existence of "Cowns" is highly dubious, he has no legal requirement to do anything

I'm willing to negotiate.

Top Bottom