Um why did everyone just declare war on me?!?! (Possible glitch or newb question?)

Napoleon4444

Chieftain
Well I'm playing on a terra map on Nobel difficulty and I'm in first place after successfully settling most of the new world before anyone else... And randomly THE WHOLE WORLD declared war on me, even leader's I was friendly and pleased with did... I don't get it. Help?

Sorry wrong board...

if you don't control the Apostolic Palace (or the UN if you're there), then it is possible that someone merely voted war on you. If you never got a hint of it, it is likely the Apostolic Palace, passing votes with those belonging to a religion that has not infected.. err.. spread to any of your cities. Since the number of votes is proportional to the number of "believers" each civ (that is, the total population of the cities that have the correct religion), even friendly civs might have been forced to declare war if they had too few votes.

Welcome to the Crusades.

Its called a dogpile. It can also happen when somebody you go to war with has plenty of tech and money and clout to bribe other civs to join in. Not likely EVERYBODY, that way. But just because they are at war with you doesn't mean they will all be that enthusiastic, especially if you are strong. Some are far away, and may not get to you before you can negotiate peace. Others may not be able or willing to send many units, if any. Devote your whole civ to the war effort. Win a few battles with the major players and hang in there and try to negotiate peace, peel them off one at at ime. This might take money, so this is a good time to take a break from research.

Top Bottom