Ummm why does it want me to name every city Carthage?

AccipiterQ

Chieftain
I'm using the Batmod, and playing as the Carthos. For some reason every city I build it wants to name Carthage. Does anyone have the full city name list for the Carthaginians??

Are you renaming your cities? This makes the computer choose the next name down
the list.

Yeah, if you rename your capital when founded then the program will just give you the first unused on the list as the next option when building a new city. I had the same thing happen when playing as Gilgamesh and didn't want to name my city "Bad-Tibera" or something like that, and that's all it gave me afterword.

Yeah, if you rename your capital when founded then the program will just give you the first unused on the list as the next option when building a new city. I had the same thing happen when playing as Gilgamesh and didn't want to name my city "Bad-Tibera" or something like that, and that's all it gave me afterword.

That's the thing though, I'm not renaming the cities. I have 8 Carthages lol. It FINALLY started suggesting other names though. Weird.

Do you have a screenshot? It has to be confusing. :)

Yeah I could take one. I get a message while in a war 'the enemy has been spotted near Carthage' I have to find which one and then say 'oooh THAT carthage'.

I'm going to rename to the normal Cartho names though.

When I play as Alexander, I find it best to rename all my cities Alexandria.

When I play as Alexander, I find it best to rename all my cities Alexandria.

I do a variation of that, too. Also Victoria. The British liked to name everything after her, why not me? (Although they're VICTORIA (the capital, hence in capitals), Victoria, Victor, Victrola, etc.

I do a variation of that, too. Also Victoria. The British liked to name everything after her, why not me? (Although they're VICTORIA (the capital, hence in capitals), Victoria, Victor, Victrola, etc.
You guys have too much time on your hands. :lol:

(Said the girl who names her cities after psychiatric medications...)

You guys have too much time on your hands. :lol:

(Said the girl who names her cities after psychiatric medications...)

The only time I rename cities is when I obliterate a Civ in the BCs/early ADs, and I rename all their cities with names further down on my Civ's name list. Or, when I capture Barbarian cities--those are always given a name from the list as well.

Yeah, it's not a matter of having too much time; it's fun, takes a second, and could be useful.

I'll rename my cities - founded and captured - with descriptive names like Cold Harbor, WinterHome, SunCity, etc. just so I know instantly where they're probably located, what's next to 'em, etc. No biggie.

Top Bottom