UN: Patch 1.74 Poll

True… No UN… but I think The Leader (may he live forever) would probably accept a mass pledge of fealty by all world leaders.
:D

Nevermind who would get the pseude-victory if this game ends inconclusive... what's important is that we need to finish this and the only solution, as I see it, is that everyone patches up to version 1.74 post-BtS. If anyone has objections to this, speak your case, but otherwise, why don't we patch up and continue?

:agree:

I am, of course, kidding. I really hope we can get this game patched and moving again.

So do I. I don't care what version we play, next tiem the save comes to Epsilon it will move in 24 hours :)

Everyone should patch, absolutely. Bear in mind that I'm playing on a sub-standard mac, and the patch seems to be a bit unpredictable for people like me, yet I still advocate we patch to keep the game going. There's a very real chance I won't be able to open the save after this - but I'd rather be a part of a game that completes without me being able to see the turn-by-turn events, than be part of a game that fizzles under any circumstance.

Looks like I'm headed off to the Mac forum to learn the arcana of a dual install there (tho' a cursory examination of the threads implies that it's a bit simpler on the mac :p)

so who we waiting on Thoeden?

Can someone let Rik know what he has to do to the save?

We are waiting for someone (a game admin or someone we trust) to repeat exactly what Rik did, except that it has to be with the post-BtS 1.74 installed. Alternatively, we could solve the problem if the turn-players who have post-BtS "de-patch" their versions to pre-BtS, making them compatible with the current patched save provided by Rik.

We are waiting for someone (a game admin or someone we trust) to repeat exactly what Rik did, except that it has to be with the post-BtS 1.74 installed.
I think I can. My laptop has vanilla 1.61 installed. But the version on the laptop is unimportant to me, since I don't play cIV on it. I could install any version required. (..)
Why didn't you just ask me ??

I'll get rid of BTS and cIV and simply install cIV, 1.61. Then open the save and continue the upgrade to 1.74 like I did before.
Will that work ??

Why didn't you just ask me ??

I'll get rid of BTS and cIV and simply install cIV, 1.61. Then open the save and continue the upgrade to 1.74 like I did before.
Will that work ??
Yes, that will work, providing you upgrade it to 1.74 via installing BtS.

DaveMcW said:
Downgrading turnplayers is a really bad idea. :lol:

Here is the file you need if you don't have BTS.
I know, it wasn't a serious suggestion as much as it was a way to produce an exhaustive overview of the situation.

The files seem to be the same as I linked to on the page before, no? Or have I misunderstood which dll is needed?

So in simple terms...if you have BtS and upgraded your vanilla at that time...you will be able to play the save.

^^ yes, and it would mean that i could play the save for Loco again.

Yes, that will work, providing you upgrade it to 1.74 via installing BtS.

I know, it wasn't a serious suggestion as much as it was a way to produce an exhaustive overview of the situation.

The files seem to be the same as I linked to on the page before, no? Or have I misunderstood which dll is needed?
So the correct way for me is:

1. Uninstall cIV and BTS
  2. Install cIV
  3. Patch to 1.61
  4. Open the save, clear admin PW and save the game
  5. Install BtS. That way having cIV 1.74 installed.
  6. Open the save and put admin PW back.

right ?

So the correct way for me is:

1. Uninstall cIV and BTS
  2. Install cIV
  3. Patch to 1.61
  4. Open the save, clear admin PW and save the game
  5. Install BtS. That way having cIV 1.74 installed.
  6. Open the save and put admin PW back.

right ?

Just to be sure, after you've uninstalled everything, remove any files left behind in the Sid Meiers Civilization 4 folders.

Top Bottom