Union of Christian denominations?

Are you symphatetic to other Christian denominations?

• I am symphatetic towards my denomination only

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • I am sympathetic towards Roman Catholics

Votes: 24 40.7%
  • I am sympathetic towards Eastern Orthodox Christians

Votes: 24 40.7%
  • I am sympathetic towards Protestants

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I am sympathetic towards non-denominated Christians

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • I'm not religious or Christian

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • I am symphatetic towards Uranium enriched monkeys

Votes: 20 33.9%

• Total voters
Commy said:
Only without Pope!;)
Yup, i really don't see us ever agreeing to accept the authority of some guy in Rome.
At least over here, the lack of a major central authority dictating stuff from a land far away was benefic. Orthodoxism got a "native" taste this way. I reckon this happened to other countries too.

Plus, i personally have a problem with authorities ya know, i'm a heretic. :D

As for Orthodoxism - Protestantism. Well ... there are differences, but the way i see it, they can be overlooked with ease. It's just that Protestantism is NOT A CHRISTIAN DENOMINATION - IT'S A CATHOLIC DENOMINATION. And this thing always made protestantism a very distant relative to us. So relations are cold.
And i am preety sure that the wave of protestant silly sects (read Jehova's Witnesses and other such) that came after the revolution got priests and people really pissed about western & american "new religions" that were never here before.
Why is it that the crazy sects always come first when an oportunity occurs ?

Catholics (Eastern Orthodox included) and radioactive monkeys.

I just cannot stand to listen to many of my fellow Protestants.

Denominations merged here in Australia about 20 years. It was the presbyterians, methodists and some other one. Well these denominations didn't completely merge - there is still the ordd presbyterian church and methodist church. It is called the Uniting church - problem is that they are in the middle of a big argument about gay clergy at the moment so there is potential for them to split again.

For more information: http://www.uca.org.au/

Tycoon101 said:
Catholics (Eastern Orthodox included) and radioactive monkeys.

I just cannot stand to listen to many of my fellow Protestants.
I don't get that part.

I am symapthetic to all the Christian denomination, except some exagerted ones.

I am a Orthodox myself, and I do strongly hope for reunion with the Catholic church. I just don't know how the people will accept the authority of a pope. I considered becoming a priest myself, but there are a lot of annoying restrictions.

The problem with the many branches of Christendom is that the doctrinal stances are so very different, so for a unity to occur, one will have to change, but it just depends on which direction they go, towards truth, or apostacy.

Top Bottom