Unique Units elimination thread

I missed that! Making the longbow yet more effective. 8 damage vs 3!

Skibbi voted earlier today already. Like, 12 hours between votes.

Wow, this went crazy! Well, I tried double checking as well, Wabango's vote was counted when it shouldn't, so Duhu is correct. Although, Taba is correct, its being eliminated 4th anyways.

Chu-Ko-Nu 28
Keshik 20
Janissary 0
Longbowman 18

-4 Janissary. for the reason it's a "Dumb Janissary"
Really though, its a great unit, but not as strong as the other remaining ranged units.

+1 Chu - While I really enjoy the longbow (and have up voted it before). If I directly compare them, it is just so much easier to gain upgrades starting with 2 attacks instead of the range. Even though the longbows are safer with the +1 range.
You forgot to add 1 to the CKN

You forgot to add 1 to the CKN

It seems I did; apologies. Thanks for the correction.

Seems I was to excited to settle the Janissary issue.

Skibbi voted earlier today already. Like, 12 hours between votes.

It came to top 5. Then I voted when I woke up! I'm in the southern hemisphere!

Chu-Ko-Nu 25
Keshik 23
Longbowman 10

It came to top 5. Then I voted when I woke up! I'm in the southern hemisphere!

Here is the proof.

Your last votes :

oct 3 at 1:53am
otc 3 at 2:16pm
oct 4 at 3:13am
oct 4 at 11:55pm
oct 5 at 2:38pm
oct 6 at 2:06am
oct 6 at 2:06pm

You voted 7 times in 3 days in half...that's exactly 2 per day. And EXACTLY 12 hours between your last 2 posts :crazyeye:

Again Wabango didn't give a reason.....sigh*

Chu-Ko-Nu 25
Keshik 22
Longbowman 14

I vote at around mid day then as soon as I wake up, I vote!

Here is the proof.

Your last votes :

You voted 7 times in 3 days in half...that's exactly 2 per day. And EXACTLY 12 hours between your last 2 posts :crazyeye:

Chu-Ko-Nu 25
Keshik 24
Longbowman 14
So why did you add 2 to the Kesh? LOL

@Tabarnak, it's worth pointing out, I live all the way in Australia! So it's about a day for me!

So why did you add 2 to the Kesh? LOL

Oops i made the opposite. Had to downvote by 1 instead. I edited my post.

Cho-Ko-Nu - 21
Keshik - 22
Longbowman - 15

The Cho-ko-Nu is absolutely one of the best units in the game, but the longbowman is more than just good - it's game changing. 3 range allows you to use military tactics that otherwise you don't get until artillery, and allows for incredibly domination for a long time. As soon as you unlock it you can start steamrolling cities into the ground and there's very little anyone can do against that.

Cho-Ko-Nu - 21
Keshik - 18
Longbowman - 16

Keshik: Anyway, it shouldn't be higher than the two bows, since it upgrades to a boring cavalry.

Longbowman: I upvote Lbm instead of Chu because Chu can only fire once if it moves and it gets -4 ranged strength penalty

Since when does 12 hours in one country convert to 24 hours in another? LOL

I vote around 3 or somethen one day. then immediately when I wake up. 1 per day.

I have decided that when the new patch comes out, I will play as the winning UU's Civ for my next Marathon Civ game. :)

China, Mongolia, England? WHICH WOULD IT BE!?!?!?

Here is the proof.

Your last votes :

Actually, Oct 3 at 1:53am would be his Oct 2nd vote if he didnt vote on the 2nd. His Oct 4th votes, one of those is extra and should be discounted. The same for Oct 6th. So really, its 7 votes in 5 days, 2 being extra.

i only came into this thread because i couldnt believe it was still going, haha.

Chu-Ko-Nu - 17
Keshik - 18
Longbowman - 17

Longbowman: I like the Longbowman because it adds a level of possible tactics that usually isn't available until artillery. Also, being someone who likes to strategically deploy the smallest possible military (to save more hammers for buildings/wonders and to trick the AI into declaring first so I can avoid the warmonger penalty) I just find the Longbowman to give me better battlefield control with fewer units. Really, it's a Finesse > Brute Force choice for me.

Chu Ko Nu: I like the Chuko. I really do. But of the three remaining options, I don't feel it stands out enough to be the points leader. That's all, really. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom