Unit: Assasin

Originally posted by micmc_atl_ga
Heya S3d,

Wow, that was a lot of work to recolor, I started a project to do the same basic thing, --it's out there with the homebulit biplane and 1997's taxes, it will get done, one day.

It took me about 1.5 weeks to finish Assassin (.5-2 hours /day). That is why I wont to use 3d for next

I was trying the 3d modeling thing, experimenting with it, I was using Simpose from The Sims, the process would work, if I had more artistic talent, (got no concept of shadowing, all of my stuff turned out looking too flat). What prog. were you thinking about using? If you don't mind me asking?
[/QUOTE]

If I'll do shadow at all I'll write simple D3D prog to do it. I'm going to use free models from www.3dcafe.com and may be edit them a little. After that if I'l be in mood I'm going to write automated frame generator(in BMP format, I dont know PCX format).

Originally posted by s3d
If I'll do shadow at all I'll write simple D3D prog to do it. I'm going to use free models from www.3dcafe.com and may be edit them a little. After that if I'l be in mood I'm going to write automated frame generator(in BMP format, I dont know PCX format).

Good idea. When you get models from 3dcafe, what format do you use? 3ds? DO you have a full 3d tool such as 3dS, or do you have another way to read the 3ds file format?

I've been kicking around the idea of working with directX and trying some d3d stuff, but I'll need 3d models to work with, and I don't have any 3d modeling tool.

Doing it with 3d models is probably the fastest for factory style production. Once you got things set up all you'd have to do is change the texture, the modifiy the frame movements, camera angles, actually since alot of units would use the same basic movement (how many different ways can you swing a sword, when you're only deal with pics that are 50 pixcles tall) it would be even faster.

Let me know if you would when you get things written, (and what else I'd need), I'm pretty good at forcing Tab A into Slot B, once I know what I'm doing.

I just gotta learn circular shadowing, so a thigh looks like a thigh not a stick on the end of a bigger stick.

Again, good job on the unit, put it in today, it looks great, nice alt. unit for Persians, (throwing the immortals over to the babol's cuz bowman lack a certain sumthin.)

Originally posted by Moeniir

Good idea. When you get models from 3dcafe, what format do you use? 3ds? DO you have a full 3d tool such as 3dS, or do you have another way to read the 3ds file format?

there is convertor from 3ds to x.here it is :

Attachments

• conv3ds.zip
    52.2 KB · Views: 97
I've added your Assassin graphics to my game and I really like it, you've done a good job. There is one thing that I'd like to mention though, the guy's head tends to look like a black blob. It would be nice if there were a little bit more of his face showing through.

It took me a while to convince myself that there really was room in my game for an assassin. But I convinced myself and I like it.

I'm using it as a hidden nationality warrior with movement as roads checked. Works out great.

Thanks!

I LOVE IT!!!

I'm using it like this. Prerequisit:polytheism, attack of 10, defense of 1, move of 1, all terain as roads, Cost of 12, ZC checked, HP Bonus -3, Invisible, detect invisible, Hiden nationality, Amphibious, Foot Unit, Load, Airlift, Pillage, Offensive land script.

It Rocks it usually kills all lower units BUT sometimes it gets caught(Target attacks first) and then it almost always dies, it also almost always dies when attacked.

Originally posted by Kingpin

I'm using it as a hidden nationality warrior with movement as roads checked. Works out great.

I've done the same, and sometimes I think I created a monster. :(

Top Bottom