unit graphics incorrect

blueparrot1966

Chieftain
I've just fired up FFH for the first time in a long time, and the unit graphics are not always displaying correctly. When moving or mousing over a unit, you can see what it is. But stationary units frequently display the wrong unit picture.

For example, gorillas, skeletons, and spectres, when stationary, show up as a viking raider looking sorta guy. Wizards and adepts occasionally show up as grenadiers.

I never used to have this problem before. I deleted Civ 4 and did a fresh "from scratch" install. Civ 4 Vanilla, Civ 4 BTS, patch 3.19, and FFH latest version, 2.045 I think.

Didn't work. This is a minor but aggravating annoyance. What gives? Anyone know how to fix it?

You obviously have frozen graphics on. The artists for FfH did not make any frozen graphics, so when the computer freezes them to save the processor some work then they revert to the graphics for some vanilla unit.

Well, I seem to have fixed it. Actually, frozen graphics was off, but I'd played with a bunch of the other graphics settings at some point, trying to improve performance. I set them back to higher levels and restarted, and some combination I used did the trick.

(the tweaks I'd done didn't matter, BTW. The enormous armies and powerful opponents of FFH are very cool, but they're gonna make for long waits at times, and that' just tough, I think.)

Top Bottom