[TOT] Unit not show up in civilopedia?

zwei833

Emperor
Hello.
I'm new to Civ2 modding/scenario making. When adding new units in Rules.txt, I find that sometimes some units would not show up in the ingame civilopedia, even the unit works fine in game.
May I ask what is the requirement that a unit show up in civilopedia?

It needs to be added into the Describe.txt file, under @UNIT_DESCRIPTIONS ;)

Thanks for your reply. I also found that if a unit's preq(Prerequisite advance) in Rules.txt is "no", then it can not show up in civilopedia. Is that normal?

if a unit's preq(Prerequisite advance) in Rules.txt is "no", then it can not show up in civilopedia. Is that normal?
Yes. It's supposed not to exists in game.
A solution is per exemple to :
-have such unit have the Plu knowledge named "unbuildable" requirement
-either give the Plu knowledge nil/X1 requirement and the X1 knowledge no/no requirement or with test of time set Plu tech in group (1 to 7) and gives this tech group the value 2 for each tribe*

Then,
Plu knowledge can't be gained and nobody can build said units,
yet said unit is visible in civilopedia.

Well. Civ2ToT allows with the @UNITS_ADVANCED section in rules.txt to have a unit with nil/nil requirement be unbuildable by all tribes yet stay visible in civilopedia too. ;) even easier !

*See ScenarioLeagueTip

Last edited:
Hello.
I'm new to Civ2 modding/scenario making. When adding new units in Rules.txt, I find that sometimes some units would not show up in the ingame civilopedia, even the unit works fine in game.
May I ask what is the requirement that a unit show up in civilopedia?
Are you planning to use Lua to enhance the scenario? If so, my Lua Scenario Template can build you a describe.txt file using a script. (CTRL+SHIFT+F4, but its only available if you're using the template.)

Top Bottom