Unit Preview: Special Forces

Is there a way to change the visability of units in the game? For example, you may have a bunch of enemy soldiers coming your way but until you move a square or so in, you will not see them. That would be cool if we could make it so you have to be in the square right next to this unit in order to see him. The Special Forces are masters of hiding are working undetected. I would like this unit to work the same way.

u can make the unit have radar. It will allow them to see farther and ivisibility to make them somewhat undetected...or u can give them the hidden nationality flag which makes it so they can attack any nation without declaring war. Only downside is that other nations are always attack u :( (Id just stick to radar and invis) but if u made a sniper unit.....then Id have hidden nationaly for assassination attempts...ok Im off the subject now...Ill stop

Originally posted by thisismysn20
VERY NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I will be the first to download this great unit when you are done!!!

You'll have to beat me first! :D

Looking good! :goodjob:

Can't wait for this unit either. One idea I have for its use, which others may find interesting, it make it an invisible land unit which can "recon". Given the relatively small size of spec ops teams, they are not the "go and kill an armored division" types, but can be useful performing "recon". In particular, you can give a land unit air ability for recon missions, say a range of 2. You may also want to use the PPS-15 radar unit for this purpose. I've been using this ability with my "firebase" unit, which has limited bombard/recon abilities, no attack, but a reasonable defense.

I'd give this unit radar and invisiblity... as well as an attack higher then all other infantry units

yeah I havent seen anything since the end of summer

OMG THIS IS THE END OF THE SUMMER :(.....a very sad day...a very sad day

Anyword on when we can expect this unit? And are you planning on giving it a paradrop animation. That was conspicously missing from Balou's original work.

hmmm I doubt he will ad a para drop animation arent they supposed to be Navy Seals? Seals dont jump out of planes at high altitudes do they?

Originally posted by one_man_assault
hmmm I doubt he will ad a para drop animation arent they supposed to be Navy Seals?

Nope, they're Green Berets. US Army. SEALs are US Navy.

Originally posted by one_man_assault

Seals dont jump out of planes at high altitudes do they?

Yeah, they do. Sometimes they jump into the ocean at night. :eek: A few SEALs died doing that off of Grenada during the invasion. That was a low altitude jump that time though.

I am pretty sure all Special Forces need to know how to paradrop. Its part of the ability to be inserted anywhere.

Thanks for all the great input but I haven't had anytime away from work lately. I really want to get this done but haven't touched it since the last preview I posted. I wish I could take a day off from work and just work on the unit but that's not going to happen right now. I will let you know if I get anything else done on the unit. Thanks!

This is a much needed unit to replace the midget paratrooper that many of us have doubling as Special forces.

Who When What Why How???
I'm confused......
What are we talking about again?
I've lost track,
I like supernoodles!!!
Sorry. :(
I'm tired.
I really should stop waking up at 0500.

Top Bottom