Unit Request Thread 3

Is there anyone who can convert a civilization 4 unit to civilization 3 unit? This is a what if the French built the Danton class semi dreadnoughts as dreadnought type ships. Also, I had found this on site.
Welcome! :beer:

I think Delta_Strife created the original French pre-dreadnought of the Danton class with only 4 x 30,5 cm guns and 12 x 24 cm guns, while here a what-if dreadnought armament of 12 x 30,5 cm is demanded. Please have a look on the number of the gun towers in the middle part of the ship. The fantasy ship in the image of Joenavy has only 4 (heavy) gun towers in that middle part, while the original Danton by Delta_Strife had 6 (24 cm) gun towers in the middle part.

Danton.gif

Actually, now that I think about it. What is wrong with submitting a unit that is already in the database? I think it's a good idea to have multiple authors submit the same unit as that gives us modders and players options to play with.

Remember how when we were little boys we would play with our toy cars. I must have had three different Ford Mustangs. One from Matchbox, one from Hot Wheels, and one from another maker that escapes me now. I loved all of the versions of the same toy car.

The ship demanded is not in the database.

What is wrong with submitting a unit that is already in the database? I think it's a good idea to have multiple authors submit the same unit as that gives us modders and players options to play with.
Iteration has only ever been beneficial in the long run. Can you imagine if we only had ripptide's library to work with? :shifty:

Thank you for the reply. I did download the Danton. The attached files is from the civ 4 downloads. It is based on the Danton with 6 twin 12 inch turrets instead of two 12 inch twin turrets and 6 9.2 inch twin turrets. It is also on the game world of warships. Known as the
Turenne

I think Delta_Strife created the original French pre-dreadnought of the Danton class with only 4 x 30,5 cm guns and 12 x 24 cm guns, while here a what-if dreadnought armament of 12 x 30,5 cm is demanded. Please have a look on the number of the gun towers in the middle part of the ship. The fantasy ship in the image of Joenavy has only 4 (heavy) gun towers in that middle part, while the original Danton by Delta_Strife had 6 (24 cm) gun towers in the middle part.

View attachment 688883

Delta_Strife is an absolute stickler for detail. If an aircraft has 6 MGs, and a variant has 8, he'll do both, even though that level of detail can't possibly be visible in-game.

Top Bottom