Unit Request Thread 3

how would you make a choice between a pre-80 Falcon and post-80 one ? The conformal tanks while not bought at the time , were already around at the design phase ?

++
I would like to request an F-16 (preferably from 80's era, not later) painted in black without national marking. Something like this CIA chopper but F-16.
I think you mean a "UH 16" ... Which doesn't exist. @AnthonyBoscia made a great 1980s UH-60A Black Hawk, which replaced the UH1 Huey.

@Ozymandias , I meant F-16 jet. I have been using a reference picture of black UH-1 to explain an impression it should make--a fighter-bomber for classified operations for which no one takes responsibility and whose existence is denied by everyone involved)))

wrymshadow must have done a MiG-28 . While it has Red Stars , nobody ever trails MiG-28s to base .

as in F-16s are fully "electronic" these days , America will know if you like just shoot down 2 seperatist helicopters in Iraq and stuff . Have no clue whether a "ronin" F-16 would attack bombers of an enemy attacking someone else when you haven't declared yet . So , it should perhaps be a drone of whatever sorts with no nationality thing . Would it be able to enslave more of its kind if it kills a ground unit ?

have you considered something odd no airforce uses ? Not sure of availability for Civ III use but something of a Luft46 type "could" cover both deniable plausibility and drone type activity ?

not insisting or anything but Wyrmshadow's P-56 would seem plausible . Can't tell if it has the Stars and Bars insignia but its Civ colour ailerons should be easy to disguise . Saw it in a single picture in CFC search and it is like more stealthy than many ...

Ozz I want a 1980's fighter (the scenario takes place in 1980's) belonging to USA, BUT operating for friendly nations whom America does not officially support. Imagine say PRC invading Taiwan in 1980's. America does not want to spoil relations with China and refuses official involvement, but unmarked planes do appear and attack Chinese invaders.

I guess...
Oh Dear! There are other alternates (F-14s, 15s, and 18s) as well as any number of never-quite-made-it-into-production works by Wyrmshadow - and some even earlier f-16s & Whatnot made by Bluemofia, et al.

... Plus, it sounds as though (due to its anonymity) that an "approximation" of some sort might work ...? If so, try scrolling through the gazillion aircraft in Wyrmshadow’s “Rest of the World's Air Forces” thread.

american fighters pilots operating undeclared is impossible , just for the realism thing ... F-5E hugely improved , fine . F-16/79 exported to PRC and its plans stolen by ROC and improved and stealthily put into production ? Nobody would really believe it but might have been tolerated for the duration ... Now that it has diverted enough from real life to have a war in the 1980s? 07-04-2023.jpg

The AoK Trebuchet seems to be eluding the search function. I've seen this screenshot:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/tutorial-adding-new-civs-and-uus-in-ptw.35778/

proving its existence as a finished unit. But all I can find is this thread of an unfinished project:

I suppose I should have posted this here:

An "Elephant Worker Unit."

We have more superb Elephant Units in the db than I can count; surely an Elephant Worker (working much faster than a Human) would be helpful. :yup:

Top Bottom