Unit Request Thread 3

Does anyone have an early Napoleonic (-1806) Austrian line infantry unit with the helmet (and not the shako) they were issued with at the time? If not, would anyone be willing to make such a model? LouLong apparently promised to, but unfortunately never finished modelling one.
1702875589489.jpeg

We could use the Boing GA-1 and GA-2 attack aircrafts. These were heavily armored dedicated strafers with machine guns and a 37mm cannon. They didn't work out well and only 10 were produced. And a 37mm cannon version of the Voisin III would also be great.

Hello all and Happy New Year.

I was trying to get this request up for Civ3 and accidently put it in Civ6, my inexperience with Civfanatics definitely shows lol. Anyway, I was looking at the Modern section for a modern battleship and I found nothing all I found were 2nd World War refits (which dont get me wrong those mods are awesome), but there aren't any hypothetical modern battleships. Like a what if battleship development continued kind of thing. This unit what I'm looking for would fit great for a modern scenario; so, I found a couple of pictures of one such canidate for this unit and I hope I could see this unit in the future, if someone would like to take up on this.

That's a really beautiful warship. I hope someone will take your challenge. I just wish I had the talent and technical know how to work on art in computer software.

I do remember however, that someone did make a really nice looking Zumwalt ship. It was either Wyrmshadow or Delta Strife iirc.

Oh, and welcome to Civfanatics!!

That's a really beautiful warship. I hope someone will take your challenge. I just wish I had the talent and technical know how to work on art in computer software.

I do remember however, that someone did make a really nice looking Zumwalt ship. It was either Wyrmshadow or Delta Strife iirc.

Oh, and welcome to Civfanatics!!
You and me both. I'm really incompetent when comes to technical things.

Well Wrymshadow did these two:
I did find those two and have used them, but they're not really battleships though.

We could use more modern age anti air units.

The french have developed quite a few wheeled SPAAGs to serve as flavor counterpart to the many different SPAAGs from different nations.

We also have 2 SPAAG versions of the ZU-23-2 flak so a towed version to serve as a flavor counter part to the Oelikon GDF would be nice.

Heavy WW2 AA Artillery also need a modern counterpart to upgrade to. For now we have the S-60 and ADATS. But the KS-19 would be great.

Immobile smaller caliber WW2 flak also need a modern counterpart. Something like the Skyshield system: https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-56de1eb4c31aad73e7bf3441501442c2.webp

A rifled breach or muzzle loaded heavy howitzer from the 1860s-1890s period would be cool. It's the industrial age period from the end of the napoleonic period to ww1. Before that, howitzers were mixed into gun batteries with the ratio of 4-2 or 6-2. Shells were not reliable enough to be fielded on their own without round shot (which napoleonic howitzers couldn't shoot). But in the 1870s, they would be used in their own batteries and can be represented by an in game unit. Tech timing could be Industrialization or Steel.

Example would be the British RML 6.3 inch, RML 6.6 inch and RML 8 inch howitzers or the German 15cm SFH93, which can be considered an advanced form of that generation:

"The advantage the sFH 93 had over its predecessors was that it was made from nickel-steel of much greater strength than previous guns of cast iron construction. This meant that the sFH 93 could be much smaller in diameter and lighter in weight than its predecessors which meant it was easier for it to keep pace with infantry divisions on the march. It also meant that unlike previous guns it could be transported in one piece and was light enough to be part of maneuvering forces to overcome local strong points rather than relegated to the slower siege train.[1] However, the cavalry still felt the sFH 93 was too heavy for their use so they were assigned to heavy howitzer battalions of the infantry. For travel, the gun could be attached to a limber and towed by a six-horse team and each battery consisted of four guns with four batteries per battalion."

Btw, can someone please help me identify these units? I can't tell what artillery pieces Wyrmshadow intended on making.

Screenshot (1728).png

The unit is meant to be a German one. But I'm not sure which. It doesn't help that Americans call every tube artillery piece a "howitzer". This piece lacks a gun shield but its barrel is too long to be an SFH03. The barrel could be an LFH16. But that piece has a gun shield. So I suspect it's actually a gun, not a howitzer. A Krupp 10cm field gun:

Since I differentiate guns and howitzers in my mods (guns with their real life longer range and aptitude for low trajectory/direct fire have more bombard value but less ROF), being able to tell is nice.

Screenshot (1729).png

This one says US M1 105mm. But it doesn't look like an M101 howitzer with no large recuperator cylinder front head (protruding past the gun shield) and a big muzzle brake. The US didn't have any 105mm field guns in ww2. The medium field gun was the 4.5 inch M1 which had no muzzle brake.

So I guess this could be a 105mm post ww2 upgrade of the M101 with a longer barrel and muzzle brake, turning it into a gun-howitzer.

What do you guys think they could be?

Hello all and Happy New Year.

I was trying to get this request up for Civ3 and accidently put it in Civ6, my inexperience with Civfanatics definitely shows lol. Anyway, I was looking at the Modern section for a modern battleship and I found nothing all I found were 2nd World War refits (which dont get me wrong those mods are awesome), but there aren't any hypothetical modern battleships. Like a what if battleship development continued kind of thing. This unit what I'm looking for would fit great for a modern scenario; so, I found a couple of pictures of one such canidate for this unit and I hope I could see this unit in the future, if someone would like to take up on this.
The Haizerad Class Astro Battleship works quite well if you use the Default for the Run.flc. There's another, older spaceship in the SF d/l db which also works quite well, but I can't find it ATM ... Of course, you could try scrolling through the SF Units db yourself ;)

All right, I throwing down the gauntlet with a request for medieval Japanese units. We need a Kamakura set and a Muromachi/Sengoku set. Set meaning spearman, swordsman, archer, horse archer, horseman, and an arqubusier. Every civ game comes and people always want Romans, WW2 and Samurai, and yet somehow we never got a replacement for the Conquest units. I'm not going to be able to do it. I'm too old, and I won't be able to spend time mastering Poser or whatever from scratch and make a major mod simultaneously. We need someone to step up to the plate. :) I guarantee there will be help. There is a paperdoll, there are existing animations, we just need props and elbow grease. Here's your chance for Civ immortality.

SBB : storyboard builder

Get a working palette in under 10 minutes!!!

MAKE YOUR OWN UNITS - FLICster Version 1.0.1 (build 18) now available!

All right, I throwing down the gauntlet with a request for medieval Japanese units. We need a Kamakura set and a Muromachi/Sengoku set. Set meaning spearman, swordsman, archer, horse archer, horseman, and an arqubusier. Every civ game comes and people always want Romans, WW2 and Samurai, and yet somehow we never got a replacement for the Conquest units...
Someone should have said that,,

All right, I throwing down the gauntlet with a request for medieval Japanese units. We need a Kamakura set and a Muromachi/Sengoku set. Set meaning spearman, swordsman, archer, horse archer, horseman, and an arqubusier. Every civ game comes and people always want Romans, WW2 and Samurai, and yet somehow we never got a replacement for the Conquest units. I'm not going to be able to do it. I'm too old, and I won't be able to spend time mastering Poser or whatever from scratch and make a major mod simultaneously. We need someone to step up to the plate. :) I guarantee there will be help. There is a paperdoll, there are existing animations, we just need props and elbow grease. Here's your chance for Civ immortality.

No .pcxs :confused:

ADDENDUM: Ashigaru Footman

Solid gold post right there with those links. :goodjob:

Is there anyone who can convert a civilization 4 unit to civilization 3 unit? This is a what if the French built the Danton class semi dreadnoughts as dreadnought type ships. Also, I had found this on site.

Attachments

• Preview.jpg
    Preview.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Resource.jpg
    Resource.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 6
Top Bottom