Unit Requests: Steampunk

I didn't know that when converted them :lol:, thanks I'll change the name.

Cape Buffalo

American Buffalo

See the difference?

Water Buffalo is the asian version of the species.. They seem to live in monsoon areas.
Water Buffalo is also the nickname I've heard in the US Army for a water trailer.

yeah i was going to say....i saw a lot of water buffalo roaming around in basic training...

looks like a bison-ape mix

Yeah, looks as if it's walking on knuckles.

Right… you just wait. You're piling up on next April Fools', you know?

…just wait, 'enry 'iggins.

looks like a bison-ape mix

Evolution at work. Numerous creatures have ruses (mostly amongst males) to make them appear larger. Hence the "mixed" appearance of the bison; the mane of a male lion; a human male's facial hair.

:coffee: ,

Oz

Evolution at work. Numerous creatures have ruses (mostly amongst males) to make them appear larger. Hence the "mixed" appearance of the bison; the mane of a male lion; a human male's facial hair.

:coffee: ,

Oz

you're incorrect Ozzy. Here is a male and female.

Skulls are also different, so you can't say it's a Cape/Water Buffalo with an afro.

I don't know why this is getting so much of my attention, but I just don't like it mislabled like this.

I think that at the scale of game units if the horns are little bit lighter, and the part of the horn over the head is made the same color as the fur they will be very passable as bison.
So Wotan just made a Water Buffalo herd? Okay, well if anyone has an African mod in progress, you've just gotten a fine new multi-unit. Congratulations.
:mischief:

I said mostly in males. Logically, herd animals utilizing this strategy would have it amongst both sexes. Analagously, both sexes of the domestic cat (a non-apex predator) utilize the famous arching of their backs (generally while hissing) to appear larger to bigger predators.

Note that I am addressing apparent size in relation to predators. In an apex predator like the lion, the male's mane is mostly to intimidate other males.

Yours In Darwin,

Oz

Wot? :twitch: No use for a Steampunk Bison?

:joke: ,

:sleep:

Attachments

• Wildforce6.jpg
    Wildforce6.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 68
Top Bottom