Unit requests thread

Those sound truly awesome mrkinglong. :thumbsup:

I wish I was that far along because they would be a blast to make.

Ninjas... NINJAS! If anyones seen Naruto thats the kind im going for! NINJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Civkid1991 is going to need a variety of airships for his mortal engines mod... They should look much scruffier than existing ones mabe... To fit in a post-apocalyptic enviroment, much less uniform than the existing zeppelin model, posibly some with the older style; gondola-hanging-from-ropes-underneath-gasbag dealy.
Both military and civillian-looking ships would be useful.

I am looking for 1 or 3 easy units--let me explain.

I want to make a mod where ships have relevance. Where ships can be upgraded usefully. One idea I have is to make a variety of missiles and allow them to be loaded onto your AEGIS cruisers and other missle based ships (and subs).

I am looking for graphics (and sounds if possible) of the following. BTW, the reason these would be easy is I am not looking for a full sized unit, but something in demi-realistic size ration to the ship firing it and being hit by it. It'd be a small graphic.

1 - A basic, generic looking missile.

2 - A more advanced looking missile.

3 - A missile that looks like it's designed to go underwater.

I have intentions of making several different missile classes, some with bonuses against subs, or against bigger ships like Battleships and Carriers, to some designed for attacking troops and armor.

Also on the plan but not necessarily going to happen would be loadable torpedos mines that could be "dropped" in the water. I am not sure what kind of coding would be involved, so I will leave it up in the air.

Psycadelic_Magi said:
Civkid1991 is going to need a variety of airships for his mortal engines mod... They should look much scruffier than existing ones mabe... To fit in a post-apocalyptic enviroment, much less uniform than the existing zeppelin model, posibly some with the older style; gondola-hanging-from-ropes-underneath-gasbag dealy.
Both military and civillian-looking ships would be useful.

There is an old-style balloon made a couple of months backs. These sound pretty cool actually. If you find a pic and PM it to me I might take a stab at them.

:) Could somebody give the settler woman a sword, I will need it for my mod.

I could use some simple reskinned knights for a crusades sceanrio. A Teutonic, a Knight of St John, and a Sword Knight of Riga, plus anything else, really.

Panjandrum said:
I could use some simple reskinned knights for a crusades sceanrio. A Teutonic, a Knight of St John, and a Sword Knight of Riga, plus anything else, really.

Have you looked in FfH2 to see if any units might work? I'm sure seZ and Roland have reskinned some knights. They might not be specifically those that you want, but there is some variety.

isn't the teutonic knight a "hidden unit" in civ4 vanilla?

Could somebody give the Christian Missionary a sword and take the Bible out of his hands. Need it for my mod.:)

woodelf said:
There is an old-style balloon made a couple of months backs. These sound pretty cool actually. If you find a pic and PM it to me I might take a stab at them.
Ok, since the mod will be based on a series of books there is only one actual official source for airships from them, on this book cover

But here's some other possibilities:

Possibily an "air-destroyer"

This for mabe a more civillian-merchant type ship, but it'l probably need engines on it as well.
Good luck!
As a unit they probably need to be essentially helicopters in the controlling-of-movement sense.

I've actually got a couple of requests. Here they are:

1. Desert Camo Marine: Pretty simple, just a marine with desert camoflauge instead of the usual jungle/woodland. Also, if you can somehow make them fight better in deserts, that'd be cool.

2. Military police: Same model as a Marine, just with a blue uniform, helmet, and balaclava. If they looked like a SWAT officer or something, that'd be cool. They're purpose is to guard cities.

3. Artic Marine: Once more, same model as the Marine, just with Artic camoflauge, and their purpose is for fighting in Tundras and on Ice.

As you can see, I'm a big fan of the marines. They're my favorite unit, and my avatar. Anyone who did this would make me very happy.

Some interesting ideas J.T, but if you are using military police to guard cities, wouldnt they fair poorly vs an infrantry army, let alone against a tank division? Military police are tough sorts, thats for sure, great for keeping rebellious populations in check, but are not combat oriented, low numbers etc.

Well yeah. Maybe instead of military police you could make perhaps Urban Marines, or something similar. Still, I just like the concept of military police.

Ninjas... didnt you hear me? NINJAS :(

Top Bottom