Units Disscusion

There are like 5 different art defs for the vertibirds. I'll repost the file incase I posted the wrong one earlier.

Attachments

• unit xml.7z
    183.8 KB · Views: 263
I just noticed somethings that could be fixed if you are up for it clanky.

The SM Machine Gunner and the (Human) Heavy Machine Gunner Units have their weapons wrong.

The Human should have the 'sit down' WW1 Machine Gun. (because it is too heavy for a human to move and fire)

The SM should have the SAW style Machine Gun (that the Heavy Machine Gunner currently has)

The T51b Power Armour should have the SAW not an Assault Rifle.

The Stealth Power Armour Units should have Plasma Rifles not Assault Rifles (they should also use the Adv Power Armour model, instead of the T51b).

The Adv Power Armour with Plasma Gun needs a plasma gun (current looks like something like a combat shotgun)

The Heavy Gattling Gunner and Heavy Gauss Gattling Gunner should have back packs (to make it like the other gattling weapons to differentiate from machine guns)

The Plasma Trooper and EMP Trooper need to swap art (currently the EMP is the Plasma Rifle and the Plasma is a Flamethrower type weapon)

Just 'tidying' things up to get everyting spot on and making sense.

If you ae able and willing then thanks in advance!

I thought the machine gunner used was supposed to use something like the M249 SAW, new vegas' light machine gun, and the heavy was supposed to use a minigun, which we have the maxim standing in for because evidently decimating a minigun would not be worth it.

Spoiler :
seriously that thing just looked terrible when i decimated it.

Since the minigun would pretty much phase out the use of the old world war style of MGs.

No, the Mutant and Power armour use the SAW.

The idea is that the MG and Minigun are too heavy for a human to move and fire (too much recoil or whatever you wish to think of it).

That is why the MG humans can only be defensive (they need to setup the position and fire stationary) (just like vanilla machine gunners) So I want them to use the sit down animation MG(Maxim).
(This would technically be like the browning M2 Heavy Machine Gun [not a maxim] but we don't have one of those! :D)

The SM and PA Machine gunner have the augmented strength to carry an MG into battle and fire from the shoulder. (So I want them to use the SAW)

The 'Back Pack' you added to the Minigun SM and PA is what shows it is a minigun and not a Machine Gun. (that and the fact that it stands and fires rather than doing the MG squat)

The Units we have are:

SM Machine Gunner (SAW) [Currently has the Maxim]
T51b PA (SAW) [currently has an AK47]
Heavy Machine Gunner (Maxim) [currently has SAW]
SM Mini Gunner (Maxim+Back Pack+Stand Animation)
SM Gauss Mini Gunner (Maxim+Back Pack+Stand Animation) [We talked about maybe adding a high voltage warning to the back pack]
PA Mini Gunner (Maxim+Back Pack+Stand Animation)
PA Gauss Mini Gunner (Maxim+Back Pack+Stand Animation) [We talked about maybe adding a high voltage warning to the back pack]
Heavy Gattling Gunner (Maxim) [needs back pack]
Heavy Gauss Gattling Gunner (Maxim) [needs back pack+Voltage]

Does that make it clearer what I mean?

The Upgrade goes Machine Gun ---> Minigun(Gattling Gun) ---> Gauss Variant.

Thus phasing out Machine Guns.

(Although oddly the M2 was always more powerful than the Mini Gun, particularly in Tactics) (the M2 may not have been in F2... but it was freaking awesome in Tactics.. Robo Shredder!!)

None at the moment, I've been trying in vain to mod another game. But it requires using, urgh, XSI.

Star Wars Battlefront 2. Its a whole different beast. It really makes me appreciate the straightforwardness of civ 4's modding.

I finally did it, after nearly a month I figured out how to add one thing to SWBF2.

He's a bit tall though. :p

Top Bottom