Resource icon

Universal History (Version 1.01)

This is something I struggled with in my mod. There are so many names used, and every region has different names, and even similar ones happened at different times. My own will probably change to over time. Currently using the old Stone, Bronze, Iron to start, probably end up with Neolithic instead, and who knows form there.

This is something I struggled with in my mod. There are so many names used, and every region has different names, and even similar ones happened at different times. My own will probably change to over time. Currently using the old Stone, Bronze, Iron to start, probably end up with Neolithic instead, and who knows form there.
That's why I went with the Universal system. Neolithic, Stone, Bronze, Iron are also very neutral era names. If you use Bronze Age then you need to split the Ancient era in half.
The challenge really begins when you get into the Medieval era. This is where Europe goes on a different path than the rest of the world. Wikipedia has various timelines that define different regions around the world with different era names. It gets a bit complicated. That's why did what I did. There is really nothing wrong with the eras that Firaxis chose. The one that bothers me the most is the Renaissance because it's so very eurocentric.

Top Bottom