Unlimited gold and happiness without mods - Civ 5 Hack

maltaman

Chieftain
The following (as far as I have tested) works on all difficulties at any point in a game with one or more natural wonders, and I cannot find it mentioned elsewhere on the forum. I haven't tested it on multiplayer. Unlimited happiness applies to all civs, while unlimited gold only applies to Spain. Simply press ctrl+z (the first time you press it it will reveal the whole map, introduce you to all city states, all empires, reveal all resources and discover all natural wonders. If you are spain, you will get a couple of thousand gold from this. If you press ctrl+z again, no matter what civ you will "rediscover" those natural wonders, and regain the happiness benefit (the game will say you have -7 natural wonders yet to discover, say). If you are Spain you will gain approximately 500 more gold. Simply repeat the process for unlimited happiness and gold (if spain). After you have the required amount of happiness/gold, save and reload. You may continue playing without saving and reloading, but you will receive no notifications to choose science, production, social policies etc. Once you reload you will no longer be able to see resources you have not discovered the technology for, but that's all in the spirit of the game ;)

Tips for quick usage:
Calculate the amount of times you need to use ctrl+z and then type it in quick succession, then use escape to cycle through the notifications quickly

The two screenshots below show the use of this hack for Rome (unlimited happiness, limited gold) and Spain (unlimited gold and happiness) in Deity.

Rome.jpg
Spain.jpg

Hope this helps someone
Michael

There is no ressources on the (2nd)map. Are you in the world builder? That may explain it. 1 and a half year later...ctrl-z?

lol?

Or he is just playing with the worldbuilder, or a modded game, those maps are not randomly generated game maps.

I'm not using worldbuilder (don't have it installed), nor am I using mods, and I think I was just in an unlucky starting position for the Rome map. Having said that, if it didn't work for anyone else my game is probably broken and I'll remove the thread.

Lol no luxury in the starting city... and nowhere on the whole screenshot. Impossible.
Ctrg-Z has no function in this game usually. I've never even user the world builder, but I am 102% sure you do.

I went for a little snooping, and it looks like ctrl+z only works if you have enabled Debug Mode (which I did), and it does reveal the map. For those interested, here is the instruction to do so:

Go to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5 Edit config.ini Change "DebugPanel = 0" to "DebugPanel = 1" and save the file

from http://www.cheatmasters.com/cheats/34063/Sid_Meiers_Civilization_V_cheats.html

Anyone care to do this and then try the stuff in my first post?

What's the point of the game if you remove the challenge from it? Isn't Settler level easy enough for you?

You won't get achievement with the debug mode turned on. It's used for... debugging, and very useful combined with the FireTuner for Lua modding.

What's the point of the game if you remove the challenge from it? Isn't Settler level easy enough for you?

Hey, don't knock cheating. I cheat because I hate the artificial handicaps applied to you when playing at deity forcing a lengthy attrition game. But I like the AI aggression at deity level as its way more exciting.

Just a few K at the beginning of the game at least gets me off the ground.

I only ever play on immortal or deity, and i've won without the hack on most maps. It's just that sometimes when the AI rush-buys stacks of units (and then uses them in the same turn!) I feel I'm entitled to do the same to some extent in defense.

yea man! it pisses me off when I'm playing on the highest difficulty and the computer is obviously cheating, so I try to give myself an advantage just like the 'puter does… coz that way me playing deity kinda, like, ya know, evens it out, i guess. btw, if i get zerg rushed by warriors i just rage quit, cos that just aint fair man.... I wish ctrl-z worked for me.

I’ve used this before, but the downside is that you get no warnings of unit upgrade, city build availability (No warnings that so-and-so city can build a new project). In the long run, this method is quite worthless.

This. Just settle on a level that is most entertaining for you. At some point this game ends up being more a chore than fun, it's at that level I go back one and enjoy a game that still challenges me to make good decisions but yet I still have a good chance to win about 75% of the time. If you take the fun and challenge out, there's no point to the game.

I only ever play on immortal or deity, and i've won without the hack on most maps. It's just that sometimes when the AI rush-buys stacks of units (and then uses them in the same turn!) I feel I'm entitled to do the same to some extent in defense.

You are entitled to do whatever you want because it is your game and you're not playing against other humans (putting them at a disadvantage).

Feeling entitled to cheat because the computer is programmed to play with certain advantages however, is probably the silliest comment I've heard in a while. If you can't handle deity, then don't play deity. I don't see how you complain at playing something that obviously is meant to challenge you (and an AI can only do that with inherent bonuses and advantages).

Top Bottom