Unofficial Civ V Patch bug

jakob51

Chieftain
Problem with newest version of your combined UOP/Balance Mod (v6.2): city screen is completely unusable, cannot see production per turn, food per turn etc. Did not have the same problem with older version (v5.7). No conflicting mod causing the problem for me as far as I can tell. See attached screenshots for the problem, each has been named to make it easier for you to tell the difference. Had to compress them into RAR files as their normal format (Truevision TGA) is not able to be uploaded onto these forums (requires Apple Picture Viewer to open the screenshots).

Attachments

• Without UOP v62 activated.rar
    1.8 MB · Views: 58
  • With UOP v62 activated.rar
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
Sorry to have to post them in rar format and for requiring Apple Picture Viewer (part of the Quicktime program I believe) to view them, but it was the only way I could post them here for you to look at so that you could get an idea of what the problem is and maybe how you can solve it. After this mini frustration I can only marvel at how much patience and dedication yourself and other modders have to their work making the game better for us all, cheers for the effort and especially for the ultimate result.

I also get this with TBM 6.2 regularly, whenever I load a game (quicksave or autosave) from within the game. The only way to load a game is via the main menu. Try that. I think this is the same bug as the 'load game error' report in this forum.

Yeah, it sounds like the same sort of loading problem as the other thing. I honestly don't have a clue where such a problem might exist or even where to start looking. Finding where a bug's located is 99% of solving it. :hammer2:

Stuff like this might be some really bizzare vanilla code bug that's only revealed by an odd combination of actions I take. For example, asking what trade deals a player has during an AI's turn causes the diplomacy windows to show no buttons. Why? I have no idea, and it's so weird it took a month to track down that issue.

I tried the suggested path of eliminating potentially conflicting mods 1 at a time but to my surprise the issue did not occur this time. I activated every single mod in my folder 1 or 2 at a time to see which 1 might be conflicting or at least contributing to the problem but I could not replicate the issue so I can't add anything new to this discussion except that it is now working when before it didn't. I should probably clarify too that I first encountered the issue yesterday when I started a brand new game after updating to the newest version of the patch mod in case I didn't make it clear that that was when I first encountered the issue. I hope that it doesn't happen again cause it is basically what I think we all could consider to be almost a game breaking issue, or at least 1 that renders playing a game exceedingly difficult in any event.

Hi there.
I have a problem similar to Jakob51's. It just when I save the game kind of crash - I am unable to build anything, all my cities changes production to settlers which cannot be reverted and I am unable to apply unit promotions. Other than that the game is fine, but unplayable as founding a new city means that you must choose production but cannot as its production is set to settler. The layout looks funny also - exactly like Jakobs

No other mods installed.

Top Bottom