Up for an expansive game?

PPP
Get a couple of spies, hate not seeing my enemy.
Capture cities. Kill Inca and vikings.

Trade for replaceable parts, communism and corporation.

Get drydocks and start building frigates and galleons.

Tech biology or steam power -> assembly line?

Revolt to representation, caste system, state property?

I have a tendency to always get AL before rifling.

Being two techs from infantry, does really rifling cut it? It seems like it will get obsolete so fast. But it is an option yes. Just not one suggested by me, but I will bend to the will of the team.

PPP
Get a couple of spies, hate not seeing my enemy.
Capture cities. Kill Inca and vikings.

Trade for replaceable parts, communism and corporation.

Get drydocks and start building frigates and galleons.

Tech biology or steam power -> assembly line?

Revolt to representation, caste system, state property?

All good imo. I favor AL for the production explosion. I also think rifling can wait now, we can mop up Incas and Vikings without it, and we'll need better tool for the rest prolly... I hope we can get physics via trade at some point too to unlock air units :yumyum:

edit about civics: I would have switched earlier to that combo (rep/caste) but we didn't discussed it and I didn't want to loose the prod, but the moment seems right now :)

Seems like I should be able to play tonight then. Not that many comments.

turn 188
we lost a farm to spies.
Plundered both iron and horses in Viking lands.
Hyana Capac is killed. Lost one unit in Vilcas.

turn 189
Ragnar suddenly have 23 riflemen.

turn 191
killed one rifleman and lost 1 cuirassier in between turns.

turn 192
Lost two cuirassier and killed on rifleman between turns.
Ragnar got a great general.
Lost 8 cuirassiers taking Nidaros against three riflemen.
Killed a catapult which gaveme a great general.

turn 193
Lost two cuirassiers and killed in 1 rifleman between turns.

turn 194
Egypt asked for tribute. I gave in and they now have ivory.
Isabella has steam power. =(

We are in position to take Birka next turn. Will probably cost us 8 more cuirassiers. He is unwilling to give us anything for peace. We may be able to trade for physics with Egypt next turn.

Attachments

• Attacko AD-1340.CivBeyondSwordSave
    345.5 KB · Views: 190
At least we won't have to worry about having too many cuirs left over :lol:. Isabella seems to have a proper stack, maybe let her do the initial attacks and hope we can nab the cities in between. Airships would obviously help.

I will have a look tmr guys. I think you are up pigswill.

Looks good to me, Riflemen aside. :lol: Nice play Folket.

Generalities: a few cities need some careful micro management (e.g. the Horcrux should run a citizen, not a Merchant, to enable the Lighthouse whip on T195), and we should make the most of the stored OF in some of our ice cities (Ice Base = University? Wailin = Library?? EDIT: are we still in Slavery?). I'm not sure that Spies are needed at this stage, unless you want to invest some EP in Ragnar (seems wasteful to me). Surely we can we 1-turn Steam Power, with careful tile management, maybe a demand or building Wealth...? Cuirassiers versus Riflemen is very bloody, so we can't take well defended cities. I'm glad that we got Nidaros. That being said, Ragnar will likely cap to Izzy after she takes a city, so we should grab what we can while we can.

I agree with Doshin, we should get Birka next turn and then follow spanish stack to see if we get another shot at a city. but that's it...

micro: we should swap tiles around Machu Pichu so it doesn't loose pop.

hopefully we can trade for physic next turn with egypt.

I guess we should grow/tech till we get AL and flight, then we can maybe have a shot at Izzy... or at the other continent. We'll see :lol:

Got it.

Hmmm tricky. Wait for airships?

We're not in slavery.

Hmmm tricky. Wait for airships?

Yes, on both accounts. I still think it's doable with cav/infantries + planes/bombers. AIs don't handle air power ... at all, so we can prolly take on the other continent or Izzy, even behind in techs. (well we still don't want F16 against spits but we should avoid such tragedy)

This round should be about grabbing on last city from Ragnar, then growing cities while teching AL. We can discuss the opportunity of going for the other continent but I fear the added cost of a navy is a bit too much for our tiny cities (but what do I know? :lol:)

I have a tendency to always get AL before rifling.

Being two techs from infantry, does really rifling cut it? It seems like it will get obsolete so fast. But it is an option yes. Just not one suggested by me, but I will bend to the will of the team.

hmhmhm will have to check, but don't you need rifling for infantries anyway?

Yes, and two techs later we will have infantry.

That was also before we knew that Ragnar would get rifling.

Swopping production for scientists gives us steam next turn, hopefully be able to trade for physics, gather various cuirs into one stack and see what happens once we've got airships or Isabella attacks but doesn't capture Haithabu.

Sorry for the delay, even in a SG deity is still outside my comfort zone.

@pigswill: no problems, you can even play this in a couple or more of mini sets if you feel you need advices... this is about collaborative play after all.

@vrasnam: what Folket said, rifling didn't seem necessary ten turns ago to finish off Ragnar, so getting AL before rifling made sense. I am still surprised by deity AIs though, you think they are dead, and you suddenly loose your momentum :lol:

Eventually and finally played 10 turns.

Hats has built SoL (1350) and Broadway (1380).

Isabella has built up a huge stack (50 units) outside Haithabu but otherwise done nothing.

We've captured Uppsala (1400) and Birka (1430), Tiwanku flipped to Rags (1420) and just been retaken. Airships have helped but still lost 15 cuirs.

Rags only has Haithabu left but still won't capitulate to us. Hopefully Izzy will kill him off.

We picked up physics in trade, no other trades. AL in 3. AIs have picked up RR, elec but no-one has AL yet.

6th Uni completes in 4 so we can start on Oxford.

Workers are running out of things to do, built lots of watermills and windmills.

Attachments

• Attacko AD-1440.CivBeyondSwordSave
    356.4 KB · Views: 180
We should move our frigate to bombard Haithabu. Isabella is waiting for a single treb to bombard the defences.

We look very strong.

Funny note. Poisoned Fruit is Isabellas third most cultural city. How did that happen? It is size 4 and her 7th(?) city or something.

Guess we should do biology next. And put espionage against Persia. It could give us a clue on how much we need to prepare an invasion.

Top Bottom