Up for an expansive game?

Typical french, waving the white flag to surrender at the first possibility! :hide:

Typical french, waving the white flag to surrender at the first possibility! :hide:

:lol: actually I was surprised you took so long, you can't resist the obvious... go hide yeah ;)

@pigswill: I qualify as "anyone", but be my guest (I didn't get your post at first glance) if you have a playing window before me. I can't play outside evening and it's too late for today.

Sorry for disappearing. RL decided to intervene. I can play whenever. :) Or just lurk, if you'd prefer. The situation looks fine to me, btw. Although I'm not so sure about those Pinch promos. :shifty:

Back to you Ras: managers delegate, leaders lead.

Can you guys stop criticizing my pinch promos?! :lol: :hide:

I'm sensing from the comments that it was a bad call :lol: (how many did I make?? :shifty:), but I made those because top defenders were Pikes and I thought it was more valuable to get a higher chance of keeping the Cuir alive than lose it with a better promo... is a couple promos that important if it nets us more Cuirs? what am I missing? :dunno: Probably that it nets us more Cuirs now but fewer later...

Can you guys stop criticizing my pinch promos?! :lol: :hide:

I'm sensing from the comments that it was a bad call :lol: (how many did I make?? :shifty:), but I made those because top defenders were Pikes and I thought it was more valuable to get a higher chance of keeping the Cuir alive than lose it with a better promo... is a couple promos that important if it nets us more Cuirs? what am I missing? :dunno: Probably that it nets us more Cuirs now but fewer later...

I guess that makes sense if pinch give any bonuses against pikes.

I guess that makes sense if pinch give any bonuses against pikes.
:lol:

It seems I may have misunderstood Pinch for Shock... :blush: :blush:

So yeah I have no idea why I put Pinch dudes in there :lol: (vs Ragnar Cuirs maybe? don't remember)

The reasoning was right but the execution was wrong. Once they get muskets we will be happy we got the pinch promotion. :coffee:

The reasoning was right but the execution was wrong. Once they get muskets we will be happy we got the pinch promotion. :coffee:
No I think my reasoning was wrong :lol: (I didn't mistake one promo from the other when playing, I also promoted Shock to some dudes)

I think I put some Pinch for Ragnar Cuirs and guessing we would indeed soon be facing Muskets.

No I think my reasoning was wrong :lol: (I didn't mistake one promo from the other when playing, I also promoted Shock to some dudes)

I think I put some Pinch for Ragnar Cuirs and guessing we would indeed soon be facing Muskets.

That would make sense if pinch gave any bonuses against Cuirs.

That would make sense if pinch gave any bonuses against Cuirs.
I told you my reasoning was wrong :lol:

(Note to self: Pinch. Does. Not. Give. Bonus. Vs. Cuirs. :scan:)

I thought Cuirs were gunpowder units... :blush: (for my defense we do need gunpowder to get'em!)

It's not really a big deal. Pinch is a good promotion once Grenadiers and Riflemen start coming in. Against Muskets, it just means that a Knight or Pike will be selected as the top defender, so it's not great there.

If I play, here is my PPP:

• Kill them all. :ar15:
  • Recapture Carib. Take HC.'s surrounded city. Then heal and see what Izzy does.
  • Stop running the science slider until we...
  • Get an Observatory in The Evidence.
  • Whip some more Cuirassiers.
We'll need to raise the :culture: slider very soon. There's no chance of us getting Communism first, given that it needs 8 turns to research and we only have money for 3 (and several AI can research it already).

Is the city currently building the HE meant to finish it?

Is the city currently building the HE meant to finish it?
I would have said yeah for lack of a better candidate :dunno:

I think there's 1 turn of HE stocked in the Evidence for fail gold.

@pomthom: why did you get pinch promo already? :lol: (good job lobbying for combat promo :D post 445)

@pigswill: you are right... :D but, wait for it.... I am first and foremost your host :hatsoff:

seriously, I can't play tonight unfortunatly, so I am very pleased to let Doshin go since he seems up to the task and iirc (though memory could be failing me again here) he doesn't get any turns yet. We can then go back to the original roster (I play another short disastrous round after Doshin, then Rusten, then Folket...)

@Doshin: I think like pomthom about HE: AMphibia remains our best location and it will contribute rather quickly.

communism: still good even without the free spy. Also, I confusly remember AIs don't priorise it too much, but I could wrong with this.

Once physics is taken the AI will get communism for the free spy.

Take Cory before Carib, gets rid of Inca culture for faster movement. Maybe consider a short ceasefire to heal up our units and maybe upgrade a few cuirs (might be worth looking for a medic cuir to add to our GG).

Thanks all. :) I'll play tonight and report then or tomorrow.

Oh shoot. I played, and then walking back home I remembered that we have a no siege variant. Maybe researching Steel wasn't the brightest idea. And things were going so smoothly. :cry:

Well, it's not the end of the world. It's good trade bait... right? And we need Drydocks! Yeah, Drydocks... OP building. :shifty:

T170:

Spoiler :

2 Cuirassiers lost.

T171:

Spoiler :
Hatty researches Communism. Izzy got it a few turns later as well.

Sneak peak at Cuzco, after I take out one of HC's Knights:

T173:

Spoiler :
I get out Whale back. Unhappiness is hurting (note the 20% :culture: slider):

T174:

Spoiler :
Bad event. I pay 25G to keep our Silver:

Cuzco has a decent number of defenders, so I skip by:

^^^^ I'd rather have the shrine gold anyway. The GA is a nice bonus, and we get lucky with the buildings that survive.

A trade:

All the other AI (apart from HC/Ragnar) have Scientific Method.

T176:

Spoiler :

Darius gets RP.

T177:

Spoiler :

HC was stacking in Cuzco, and Izzy was marching her stack there. I thought I'd let her remove the cultural defenses for us.

T179:

Spoiler :

I'm not sure what happened, but either Huayna threw his stack at Izzy (and lost) or Izzy attacked with a few Conquistadors and then got bored. Either way, Cuzco is ours. :thumbsup: I don't think that we lost any units, and Attacko squashed a Trebuchet. :hammer:

Overview:

Spoiler :

Ragnar broke free from Izzy on T178. We can make peace with both. Neither will capitulate, but HC is afraid of Ragnar, so I expect that if we ceasefire with Ragnar then we can take HC as a vassal.

Personally, I think I'd continue to smack HC around and maybe vassal Ragnar. We'll need some time before we're in a position to take on Izzy.

Steel would need 4 turns to research. We have enough gold for 2. Nobody else has this yet. Izzy was willing to trade Communism, but now we'll need to wait for the Kremlin to be built.

We may need to wait for Fighters and Bombers to attack Izzy. I'm not sure. She has a stack of ~30 units, and Conquistadors are basically 2-movement Grenadiers. Cavalry get good odds versus these in the open field, but it will still be a grind.

Attachments

• Attacko AD-1190.CivBeyondSwordSave
    337.2 KB · Views: 104
Top Bottom