Upload a file (Max 146.5 MB)

Civinator

Blue Lion
Supporter

Today I tried to upload a rared file containing units of a scenario, that was with 145.5 MB only a little bit below the maximum upload size of 146.5 MB in that post. The upload counter showed, that this file was uploaded to 100% and that I have to wait for the response of CFC - but there came no response and after some time the complete upload window dissapeared.

I splitted the 145.5 MB file into two files and retried the upload. The first part was only a zipped 79.1 MB file. The upload counter showed an upload of 100 % but again no attachment of that upload appeared to my post.

Is that maximum upload size of 146.5 MB for a file at CFC a typo ?

Edit: Even the 146.5 MB image, that I had uploaded as an attachement to this post, didn´t appear in this post and I had to do a link to the image in the Civ 3 post when I have revisited this post today so this image now hopefully can be seen in this post, too.

Edit: When I did the first edit and saved the changes, I received a message 'Unspecified Error'.

Last edited:
Apologies for the delay. The attachment size is set to 150 MB for the forum.

These are the file formats allowed for upload:
Spoiler :

7z
ace
bmp
civ4replay
civ4savedgame
civ4worldbuildersave
civ5map
civ5mod
civ5replay
civ5save
Civ6save
civbemod
civbesave
civbeyondswordreplay
civbeyondswordsave
civbeyondswordwbsave
civwarlordssave
civwarlordswbsave
colonizationsave
doc
docx
dpy
gif
gz
ico
jpe
jpeg
jpg
map
mdmp
net
pcx
pdf
png
psd
rar
sav
sve
tar
txt
xls
xlsx
xml
zip

@Petek is the technical guy, so I hope he logs in soon and can provide an answer for you.

leif erikson, thank you very much for the reply. After your answer I tried to upload the 145.5 MB rar file again - but the result was negative again. The upload counter showed 100 % and I should wait for the reply to that upload - but there was no reply and no attacjment of the upload to that post. :(

Edit: That post was doubled with the same click, when posting it. In that case I don´t delete the doubled post in this thread.

I'm not sure what the forum software is asking for when it says you should wait for a reply? I checked for notifications for an Admin to approve something for the upload but cannot find anything? :dunno:

I'm a bit baffled and am waiting for Petek to teach me what I need to know. Apologies again.

I'm not sure what the forum software is asking for when it says you should wait for a reply? I checked for notifications for an Admin to approve something for the upload but cannot find anything? :dunno:

I'm a bit baffled and am waiting for Petek to teach me what I need to know. Apologies again.

I can try to do a screenshot with another try of the upload of that 145,5 MB file.

Edit: When doing this post, with one klick I can see my post 3 times. Here you can see it in the screenshot I made.

Edit2: After the edit the post 'only' exists twice in this thread.

Attachments

• 3times the same post.jpg
    3times the same post.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:

I can try to do a screenshot with another try of the upload of that 145,5 MB file.

Here are the screenshots with the upload counter (in German) and the following message, that I have to wait for forums civfanatics.com (in German language).

My browser is Google Chrome and I use the Kaspersky internet security software.

Attachments

• Upload 99 per cent.jpg
    Upload 99 per cent.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 201
  • Wait.jpg
    Wait.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 208
Top Bottom