Using the new Build Lists

So it would look something like this then (see pic 1), then in EACH city do i have to put it in the queue or it does it automatically when its available? I saw it at the bottom of my queue but them what sorry :blush:
I don't think I get what you are trying to achieve. Please elaborate.

I don't think I get what you are trying to achieve. Please elaborate.

OK just got back to this, sorry it took so long . .

OK, i "added" a name to the list "Jeff" to the right of it i clicked on Gumsmith and the others listed. (btw the screen keeps going from where you are at BACK to the top (very annoying) IMHO.
Now the list "Jeff" appears below the wonder area in each city. I click on it BUT it only gives me that ONE item on the TOP, then thats it????? It doesnt do anything else but reappear at the bottom of the wonder list again? What the heck am i or others supposed to do to use it? I am very confused??:crazyeye::crazyeye:
Plus i have to do that in each and every city??:eek:

I have to ne getting it wrong:blush::sad:

OK just got back to this, sorry it took so long . .

OK, i "added" a name to the list "Jeff" to the right of it i clicked on Gumsmith and the others listed. (btw the screen keeps going from where you are at BACK to the top (very annoying) IMHO.
Now the list "Jeff" appears below the wonder area in each city. I click on it BUT it only gives me that ONE item on the TOP, then thats it????? It doesnt do anything else but reappear at the bottom of the wonder list again? What the heck am i or others supposed to do to use it? I am very confused??:crazyeye::crazyeye:
Plus i have to do that in each and every city??:eek:

I have to ne getting it wrong:blush::sad:
If you add it once, it builds the topmost building of the list that is not yet built. If you add it twice (with shift), it builds the two topmost and so on. If you add it with alt, then it will continue building stuff from the list until there is nothing left to build.

You add it to all cities the same way you would do it with a normal building by selecting all cities and adding it.

There are two main uses of the feature: One is to make a build list that you reuse often. For instance the buildings you want to have in a new city in the right order.
The other is to make a list of similar buildings in the order you prefer them. Then whenever you need another such building in one or more cities, you can just add the list instead of pondering which ones you have already built in that city.

Love this feature.

Is there any way to remove the non-buildable buildings from the list? I find they take up room needlessly.

Edit: Also, when I put a list in the queue to build, after it runs out of things to do it just stay in the list with nothing building. I don't get a notification that the city needs new build orders.

Love this feature.

Is there any way to remove the non-buildable buildings from the list? I find they take up room needlessly.
You mean the ones that are never buildable? Hmm, might have forgotten to remove them from the list.

Edit: Also, when I put a list in the queue to build, after it runs out of things to do it just stay in the list with nothing building. I don't get a notification that the city needs new build orders.
That is a bug, it should always remove itself from the queue when it runs out of things to build.

Firstly, sorry for bumping an old thread, I got distracted from C2C for a while (I do sometimes play/mod other games!).

But I want to say a huge THANK YOU - this is exactly what I wanted, it works absolutely perfectly, I now have several build lists set up and saved - and I don't have to mess around with them in-game either, I can just open the file in notepad and change the build order, take stuff from one build list and add it to another, or split a long build list in two, just using notepad.

This is exactly what I wanted - set up lists in game, ability to edit them in notepad and save a copy that can be used to be put back into the user settings folder when I update my version via SVN, it's absolutely perfect, thank you so much for your work on this feature, it's very much appreciated, and works exactly the way I want a feature like this to work. Top job! :)

I now have several build lists set up and saved - and I don't have to mess around with them in-game either, I can just open the file in notepad and change the build order, take stuff from one build list and add it to another, or split a long build list in two, just using notepad Top job! :)

Can you supply a copy of one of the very first ones you have, i'd like to take a look at it, because i cant figure out, heads or tails how to use this?:blush::(

Has the bug with more than 256 entries in the file been solved in the meantime?
I had a look at that now and it seems like the problem is that there is a limit of 4KB to net messages in Civ4. To make it work in both single player and multi player the build lists are sent to all players with net messages at the start of the game. This seems to fail if the resulting message is above 4KB.
Unfortunately that means some changes need to be made to the code structure there to split the data up into 4KB chunks and transfer them separately for which I won't have time for right now (I'll see when I can get to it).

I pushed a fix to the SVN that splits up the messages. That should fix the issue with many/large build lists.

Top Bottom