[UXP] Legends of Revolutions

The national wonder thing is unfortunately working as intended. Some people had the same problem in the past while getting cities through culture with inside a national wonder that they did not want (getting the hermitage in a culture-conquest game was pretty bad actually)

Nat wonders are destroyed on conquest, but not when the city is given through peaceful means. Since they are "national", it would perhaps make sense to remove them even in this case, but that's a design decision then.

That's very queer. I guess you do learn something new everyday.

Oh, you're talking about when you get gifted a city, or trade for one in diplo negotiations. Yeah, that's regular BtS rules, all buildings remain, including culture producing ones; I see no reason to change that for regular buildings. The fact you get National Wonders as well doesn't make sense to me, and is a good catch; I'm certainly not against altering BtS base rules if they fly in the face of reason. I'll go ahead and write some code to deal with that, and make it so National Wonders aren't transferred.

I do not understand why this mod has a 4 star rating when every other mod that has less then 5 stars has serious stability problems, and this mod does not have any major bugs in it. Maybe there are some haters, but wow.

This mod's team has been optimising art and leading the way in modcomp integration stablity since as long as I can remember lurking around here.

Make no mistake Phungus, this IS a 5 Star Mod. :goodjob: ;)

Just wanted to give anyone who plays this or is interested in checking it out an update. I have finished with all imediate projects on the RevDCM core, and have successfully kept the LoR development build on my computer up to date with my work on RevDCM. I have finished with all other major projects on LoR as well. I just have a couple minor touches to work on before the release of 0.9.9. I was going to finish it up tonight, but it's time to watch some football. I'll release 0.9.9 soon. I'd like to delay the 1.0 release as of now, simply because I want to get together a music pack to replace the crappy music in the Modern/Future Era, and that could take weeks or even a month or so, also I'd like to get spoken quotes for all added techs as well, which again would take time, finally releasing 0.9.9 will put the official releases of LoR and RevDCM on the same build, which means that if any bugs are found we can work on them as though they are the same mod (LoR and RevDCM are code wise, nearly identical at this point, LoR just has the added unit progression fitting it's expansion pack theme). I don't think there are any bugs at all left in single player, so mainly this is for Multiplayer.

Anyway, just letting you guys know what's up, and I'll have a new release out shortly.

Just wanted to give anyone who plays this or is interested in checking it out an update. I have finished with all imediate projects on the RevDCM core, and have successfully kept the LoR development build on my computer up to date with my work on RevDCM. I have finished with all other major projects on LoR as well. I just have a couple minor touches to work on before the release of 0.9.9. I was going to finish it up tonight, but it's time to watch some football. I'll release 0.9.9 soon. I'd like to delay the 1.0 release as of now, simply because I want to get together a music pack to replace the crappy music in the Modern/Future Era, and that could take weeks or even a month or so, also I'd like to get spoken quotes for all added techs as well, which again would take time, finally releasing 0.9.9 will put the official releases of LoR and RevDCM on the same build, which means that if any bugs are found we can work on them as though they are the same mod (LoR and RevDCM are code wise, nearly identical at this point, LoR just has the added unit progression fitting it's expansion pack theme). I don't think there are any bugs at all left in single player, so mainly this is for Multiplayer.

Anyway, just letting you guys know what's up, and I'll have a new release out shortly.

Thanks for the update. What's the "added unit progression"?

Good to know you're still at it, Phungus. A thousand thanks for your work.:)

I had been under the impression that you quit this project! Good to see you're still working on it (though it does mean I'll lose time on my composing for school :p)

New version has been released. Please Rate this mod :)

Changelog:

• Updated to RevolutionDCM 2.81 core
    Spoiler :

• Limited Religion game option added to RevolutionInit screen
    • New RevDCM Perfect World map scrip added
    • Fix for Limited Religion founding
    • Fix for missionary logic selection and Inquisitions and Religious Victory AI behavior
    • Massive changes to Revolutions loading into BUG, all Revolutions options now accessible in the RevDCM tab (most are hidden, and are only revealed in debug mode)
    • Most unit spawning in BarbarianCiv and Revolutions changed to soft coded unit selection based on UnitAI types, rather then selecting a hardcoded unit type based on an XML string
    • Added Limited Religions Exceptions option in the RevDCM tab accessed in the BUG menu
    • BarbarianCiv new world logic fixes
    • RevEvents revCultureModifier bug fix
    • Gamespeed scaling fix for Global Warming
    • RevDCM now tracks Fuyu's Better BUG AI as well as Jdog5000's Better BTS AI.
    • Added documentation for modmakers explaining the UserSettings folder
    • Fixed Rev Trait Effects so that they are actually applied
    • Fix xml tech tag
    • Added Rev Building Effects
    • Fixed syntax issue in MovieMod module
    • Ranged bombard fix
    • Added Afforess's Battle Effects code cleanup
    • Added new doc RevolutionDCM_ModderInfo.txt
    • Added some minor optimizations to base BtS source code
    • Limited religion reimplemented in 2.8, in the SDK as a proper game option
    • Spanish translations added
    • Religious victory code optimized and debugged
    • Added ThomasSG trait code
    • Turned on World of Civilization Modular Loading
    • Unofficial patch Spy Random event and No Espionage Game Option fix
    • Added in RuthlessAI game option
    • Added New Global Define MP System
    • Fixed Rogue Popups with AI Autoplay Enabled
    • Set up code to successfully remove all Trait effects on leader changes
    • Added some new Great General AI logic
    • Fix for Civ4lerts with changePlayer
    • AIAutoPlay and Revolution.py changes needed to get "Defect and Lead Rebels" and "Accept Leader Changer" Revolution events to work.
    • Fixes to deal with religion founding weirdness in later era start games
    • Changed Dynamic Civ Names from a GameOption to a BUG option
    • Reapplied UP fix requiring a spy unit for spy unit event
    • RevDCM Options Correctly Initiate with new games, or when loading saves
    • Removed unnecessary and buggy Naval Bombard DCM component, now entirely handled by DCM Ranged Bombard
    • Hide unsupported DCM options: DCM Attack Support only visible as a toggleable option when in debug mode.
    • Fixed check in CvGameInterface.cpp for Archer Bombard, was checking if was ranged bombard
    • Performance improvements
    • Code cleanup - Ensured values in CvDefinesModTools.h actually points to something.
    • Code cleanup - All RevDCM GlobalDefineAlt values loaded into CvGlobals and exposed to python.
    • Removed DCM accuracy from Horse Archers.
    • Fixed a few more asserts being thrown by the debug dll
    • Fixed unresponsive ACO and other BULL options
    • Fix animal upgrade check bug
    • Fix free techs after forming PA late in game
    • Fix for no "Disband city?" popup when city flips and Revolution is not on
    • Fix Afforess's reported setNumRealBuilding to -1 fix in DCM bombing missions
    • Reapply fix for double disband city popup with no revolution
    • Updated Makefile to DannyDaemonic's faster makefile.
    • Fixed World of Civilization Modular Loading when the Mod Folder is not in Program Files Directory
    • Memory Leak Fix (Thanks Afforess)
    • AI no longer tips it's hand except to civs it is friendly toward
    • WHEOOHRN is still supposed to be shown if there are actual wars ongoing, hidden only if all there is is plans.
    • Tweak to WHEOOHRN trade denial and Ruthless AI
    • Corrected error reported in BBAI forums with worker logic and bDanger
    • ThomasSG's diplo display fix
    • Added AI awareness of Limited Religions Game Option
    • Fix for double religion founding with choose religions game option
    • Tech Cost modifier improved to account for Start as Minors and Tech Trading game options
    • Multiplayer mode now supported but not yet fully tested for games with more than two players.
    • Autoplay also works in MP mode.
    • Spanish translations added
    • Fully extricated Religion options from RevDCM 2.72 build ready for reimplementation in 2.8
    • Fixed issue with XML Tech tag
    • Added new doc RevolutionDCM_ModderInfo.txt
    • Fixed all nagging asserts in the debug DLL
    • Fixes to improve BUG options responsiveness
    • Fix bug in RevDCM where accepting AI takeover in an empire wide revolt results in python exception
    • Permanent alliance research bug fixed
    • Fix interface issue where BULL was not responding to BUG
    • Fix broken Religious victory bug in the Victory screen display
  • Added Multiplayer enforcement code to keep games from going out of synch from different users having different RevDCM and BULL actions settings
  • Added Dynamic Religion Spread option (in Bug menu option RevDCM tab)
  • Overhauled units, All civs now have a single UU and UB
  • Complete Diplomacy text for all leaders
  • Tech tree opened up and less restrictive and reverted early tech tree to base BtS
  • Fixed some text issues that were messing with Finish language, all languages supported (German and Spanish are nearly totally translated)

Goodness, that's a lot of new features! :eek: I'll have to download this when I get home this afternoon; hopefully it will take less than an hour to download.

Thank you very much Phungus, i will rate it with a A+

If someone has a good historical scenario for this mod would be great. I am playing the jeelen 300BC for LoR and its quite good. Perhpas you could include the scenario with the main download.

Edit: Wow, 5-stars with my A+ vote, i must be a semi-god :D

Hi Phungus, good to see you releasing a new version of LoR! It is a great mod! I rated it with 5 stars!

Looks awesome, thanks for the hard work. I just discovered this about a 1/2 hour ago, and downloaded it. It is version 0.9.9, I reached it through the shortcut on page 1 of this thread. Is that the most recent update, or do I need to check it again. Thanks.

This is the most recent update, yeah. It wouldn't hurt to check back in a week or so, I'll definitely be releasing a 0.9.9a build in a few days, since we just discovered in the RevolutionDCM forum that the "Offer Control" option for barbarian civ is bugged (it's a new option in the RevDCM tab, recommend you don't turn this option on for now), and I'd also like to switch the National Wonder movies I currently use with the new ones Lemon Merchant has made for the BAT mod, as well as also snag the art for Events with Images from BAT so that this option in the BUG interface will actually add images to event pop ups.

This is the most recent update, yeah. It wouldn't hurt to check back in a week or so, I'll definitely be releasing a 0.9.9a build in a few days, since we just discovered in the RevolutionDCM forum that the "Offer Control" option for barbarian civ is bugged (it's a new option in the RevDCM tab, recommend you don't turn this option on for now), and I'd also like to switch the National Wonder movies I currently use with the new ones Lemon Merchant has made for the BAT mod, as well as also snag the art for Events with Images from BAT so that this option in the BUG interface will actually add images to event pop ups.

That would be awesome. I will keep my eyes on this then. I just started playing PIG about a month ago, and BAT about a week ago. Was looking for one more cool mod option to keep me entertained and this certainly looks like it! I'm a caveman outside of running a game and accessing the internet, so I'll probably but you with some silly questions at some point. I do try to discover things thru thread searches first though.

Grateful for all your hard work, and those of the supporting cast of course!

How do I download it ? When I press the 'Download now' button it asks me to select a server, but there is no list of servers.

Do I need to be a registered member and logged in for this ?

No, you don't need to be a member (I wouldn't use them as a host if they did). Apparently their download servers must be down. I actually use StrategyInformer because they have very good download speeds with no added hassles, like waits or needing to log in or anything, they've just seemed to be a very reliable file hosting site for mods. Hopefully it's corrected soon.

There is an alternate mirror available on File Front found here for the time being:

http://www.filefront.com/17524667/Legends-of-Revolution-v0.9.9-Setup.exe/

Sent an email to Strategy Informer about them not listing any download servers, and they are now back up. Not sure what happened, but the download should be working again.

Top Bottom