[UXP] Legends of Revolutions

Well people keep saying this mod is hard, and the AI is actually improved in the 0.9.2 test build :lol:

My personal experience with the mod is I need to play on monarch, whereas in default civ I can pretty easily win Emperor.

- I just voted 5/5 stars, i affirm that your modpack is very nice...

- So, thanks for the explanation of the difficulty level, so i play now with Chieftain level instead of noble/regent but "toutefois" i'm not ashamed...

After all, the term "level of difficulty" is arbitrary, but if you made of making level Chieftain in your mod as Noble/Regent level in vanilla, i strongly agree after all ai is more intelligent for now...

And after all can we have a civ-like game with one level of difficulty instead of different levels of handicaps for human or ai player ?

- What is planned for next test version ?

-I was proposing a new standard city building wich would act same as the building in Civ 2 wich gived 1 production in sea ocean tiles, but the moais statues should be modified, but you can do that all sea tiles have +1 bonus prod, for permitting to cities with lot of water to develop well, because on an Earth Map, Pacific Islands do not develop well... So you could recalibrating production on all types of terrain...
And reevaluate cost of buildings/units/ wonders

If you have a third idea, why not ?

Thanks for rating Lachlan :goodjob: the best place to rate it is at the download btw.

As far as the next test version, just waiting on achilleszero's models. Hopeing to get the units and city art in (if city art also his XML as well ;)). Other then that it'll be just the same. Also I have no further changes planned for 0.9.x. So once those are done and the test version has been up for a couple days to confirm I haven't messed anything up, the official version will change to 0.9.3 instead of 0.8.2.

Everything else that goes into this will be implemented for the non beta or v1.0.x build. This includes splitting the Native Civs, a fixed scoreboard, and exposing RevIdxes. That's all that's on the list. Oh also I will be including your maps, and adding a Blue Marble optional add on in 0.9.3. Anyway that's it, this mod is very close to being done actually. Also I've PMed Edgecrusher and asked for him to make a compatible version of his modcomp for Legends. He replied and told me he will probably do it, so that people can play an expanded Legends set if they so choose :). This wol't be anything I support, or part of the core of the mod, but the option will be there for those that want more detailed and just simply more legends (Of course this assumes Edgecrusher will follow through here :crazyeye:).

Phungus, her's the deal. Not only is my monitor going out, but my computer is is all kinds of jacked up:mad:. Trying to get windows to do a repair but seems like its having problems with that. Could start it in safe mode earlier but now cant even do that. If all else fails I am planning on borrowing someones laptop tomorrow. Luckily, I have back up HD pulling triple duty between this pc and 2 ps3's.

BTW before windows completely freaked out today, started having problems with civ last night when testing those 2 boat models. Tried to do fresh reinstall. Successfully uninstalled BtS then it wouldn't let me uninstall Civ IV. Ever heard of this? Couldn't really find any help in Technical forum or from firaxis.

Hmmmm, no never heard of that. Try uninstalling LoR first and then uninstalling BtS, maybe the regkey from LoR is messing up BtS's uninstall and it needs to be removed first (which uninstalling will do). Also try Smitfraud fix if your comp is freaking out.

Ok this is a bit strange...

I started a game with the LoR 0.9.2 test build and started with Louis on my borders... Later I declared war on him and he went through some revolts... however, I don't think this caused his leader to change.

As the war progressed, I noticed that he became DeGaulle instead of Louis XIV after I captured Paris... then he switched to Napoleon several turns later when I captured the capital again. I posted some save games to show this...

This is while he swapped over to DeGaulle...
http://www.pennington.net/AutoSave_AD-1732.CivBeyondSwordSave

This is now Napoleon...
http://www.pennington.net/mpenning_AD-1736.CivBeyondSwordSave

This looks wrong to me, but I am not sure which component could be causing it...

Those links aren't working. What exactly is the issue?

Just of note, when a civ gets serious revolution problems that are empire wide, often times it can switch it's leader to avoid a full scale revolution. This can actually happen to the human player, and you will be given the option to fight a nationwide revolution, or hand control of your empire over to an AI for 20 turns.

Edit: Of course this shouldn't be able to happen twice in a row. After a leader switch, it should force a revolution if the RevolutionIdxs across the empire are still a problem and not allow a switch again.

Also Gatling, I haven't changed the Revolution stuff much at all. The only changes are in the Revolution.ini file dealing with New World Barb Civ policy, and modifiers (all changed to 1.0 instead of the increased penalties for loosing cities as Jdog and glider had it set, and garrisons are buffed to 3.0, so they are 3 times as effective at controling revolutions as in default), and City Distance and Taxes calculations in Revolution.py. None of these changes can effect the actual mechanics of a revolution occuring. So if there is some issue with Leader Swapping caused by revolutions, it's intrinsic to RevDCM. I'd like to be able to work on it, but unfortunatly other then the RevIdx calculation code parts in Revolution.py I don't know beans about the Rev code. Never even looked at the actual SDK parts of it... So I'd be completely lost on where to start. Your best bet is to report the issue to jdog in the Revolution project and dev forum. Also would help to be more specific about what is occuring that you think is a bug.

Why i could not propose to a bigger civ to be its vassal :goodjob: ?

If possible sans that the ai consider this for one abandon, or game also...

I know that player civ can be vassalized after a war when player ceded control to a ruler for impeaching full revolution scale... But would be nice to make this voluntary...

Because the time, as in Civ 2, where diplomacy betwen AIs and Human was assimetric should be ended...

Phungus, Here are the Viking Longboat and Barbary Pirate. Finally got em done. Had to remake them. Turns ot though that I couldve submitted them a while ago. My copy of civ wasnt showing them correctly and I thought the models were bad. My custom assets and BtS in general is jacked up. I have to mod the normal assets in CivIV to make them show up.:confused:

View attachment 2_Boats.zip

Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG

As far as the buildings go, give me another day or so. I already did alot of editing/fixing on them. Lost some work though and have a lot of stuff to reinstall.

****EDIT: For pirate ship, use Xebec animations that are in the Barbary Corsair file. For Longboat, use galley animation. The galley kf files in longboat folder just came with original file that I took the triangle sail from, There just normal galley kf's just forgot to take them out.

Good show! I just finished a game as England, manually placing all the civs I wanted on the Enlarged Europe Earth map(Quite a painful process). In the first 300 turns or so, before the discovery of writing, I noticed That France absorbed the Netherlands, Portugal absorbed the Spainsh, and Korea absorbed China. It was quite an intresting game.

Do you have any plans for a pre-placed Earth map? Possibly with all the civs avalible? that would make for a good game, with endless possiblities. I've also rated 5/5, and praise you for your effort.

Lean

@Lachlan
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're saying :confused:

@achilleszero
Great models. I'm trying to think here, it seems we may have an apropriate distinct unit and model for everything now. I'll check through and make sure there isn't anything missing, but I think in terms of unit art, everything is done :)

As far as city art goes. Because normalizing poly counts, and axing the extreme and unfixable models will greatly improve performance (especially on large maps), I'm delaying the 0.9.3 update until this is done. However there are quite a few bug fixes and improvements in the 0.9 build, so I really want to update the official version soon. I'm not trying to rush you here, just letting you know the situation and the fact that I'm counting on you. So if due to computer problems or whatever the city art fixes goes from taking a day or two to taking a week or two, let me know. If this happens I'll just update the official version with what we have currently.

@Lean
Thanks. As far as a pre set Earth map. I'd like one, but really don't want to go through the trouble making one. Any chance yous till have yours? I can use that and add it to the included scenarios that come with the download, that way people can play a pre set Earth map if they wish, and you can take the satisfaction in knowing other people are enjoying a creation of yours.

@Lachlan
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're saying :confused:

I think he wants to know why he can't become the vassal of an AI Civ. He wants to have the same diplomacy options available to all players, be they AI or Human. He thinks he should be able to capitulate to a strong AI.

Ah, well that's a default Civ4 rule I'm not going to change. This is because allowing a human to capitulate to the AI would be far to abusable for a human player. I'm pretty sure firaxis went through this all when developing warlords and decided not to allow human to AI capitulation or vassalage due to game balance, and the fact a human could really game the system this way. I'm not going to second guess firaxis here, as I think they made the right call.

1)
I think he wants to know why he can't become the vassal of an AI Civ. He wants to have the same diplomacy options available to all players, be they AI or Human. He thinks he should be able to capitulate to a strong AI.

Thanks for explaining better than me :goodjob:

2) To Phungus420 : i'm trying to made a preset civs earth map, but its clearly difficult...

Do you want see my work ? Its only placement and particular conditions...

I realize that ai is far more intelligent for suppressing exchange/brokering of techs in regent/noble level

Time is far more fidel...

I disabled barbarian civ and revolution and placed portugal in brazil and netherlands in Indonesia, I'm surely able to place 50 civs, renamed if necessary and placing cities all over the Earth for impreach settlers to pop-up... And you can use 2-3-4-5 X the same civfor representing near cultures...

@achilleszero
Great models. I'm trying to think here, it seems we may have an apropriate distinct unit and model for everything now. I'll check through and make sure there isn't anything missing, but I think in terms of unit art, everything is done :)

As far as city art goes. Because normalizing poly counts, and axing the extreme and unfixable models will greatly improve performance (especially on large maps), I'm delaying the 0.9.3 update until this is done. However there are quite a few bug fixes and improvements in the 0.9 build, so I really want to update the official version soon. I'm not trying to rush you here, just letting you know the situation and the fact that I'm counting on you. So if due to computer problems or whatever the city art fixes goes from taking a day or two to taking a week or two, let me know. If this happens I'll just update the official version with what we have currently.

I should be done by tomorrow.My CivIV is still messed up but I dont need that for buildings cuz their simple and dont have animations. Just gota tie up a few buildings and improvements and double check xml. Also redo a few things that my computer ate. If things get out of hand I will notify you later today if its gona take too long.

Thanks for pointing me to that Smitfraud DL. It seems to fixed other issues with computer. A few months ago I had a so many virus (thanks alot norton antivirus),that I wound up wiping hard drive. My computer is apparently promiscuous behind my back.

Cool looking unit.

Thanks. That is exactly what I was hoping people would say when they first saw it. Modeled after a typical xebec that they might have sailed 9I thought the opposing sails looked really cool). As far as the symbol on the main sail, I wanted to meet halfway the "historical accuracy" crowd and the "jolly roger kicks ass" crowd (of which Im in both). So I merged the jolly roger and the muslim crescent and in all actuality it turned out looking really cool.

Maybe I'll actually put this in the Database. Had custom animations but unfortunately my computer decided I didnt need them and destroyed my work for me.

Ok Phungus, I'll ask jdog to look into the leader swapping issue. However, I got to a point in that game where I got an indefinite hang... this time it was right after Julius Caesar was wiped off the map... I don't know if it's a coincidence or what...

To replicate the problem, load this game and hit enter... it never comes back on my system...

Attachments

• mpenning AD-1877.CivBeyondSwordSave
    902.2 KB · Views: 136
To all and particulary Phungus420 :

I have done an example of that i can make : Placement of 50 civs, renaming a few civs, accuracy is bad in name but far more better in location of the differents civs...

You will see that a few civs are duplicated 2-3-4-5 X to illustrate ancient historic reality...

You can take it and modify as you want, i wanted realistic context...

Here !

Sorry, i'm not very strong in names...

Attachments

• (Legends) RFC Earth - big Europe 50 civs - Preset Civs - Example.zip
    43.2 KB · Views: 73
Top Bottom