[UXP] Legends of Revolutions

Version 1.5 of Legends of Revolution Balance Tweaks Is Now Released
This is primarily an update of the RevDCM core of Legends of Revolutions

New Features in Version 1.5

New World Tweaks
New World barbarian civ can now be set to receive delayed bonuses in the RevDCM options screen
--Barb civs are very weak and primitive on initial contact with the Old World
--Barb civs that survive develop rapidly and can become very powerful
New world barbarian cities will consider joining a nearby minor civilization rather than form a new minor civ
New world civs will now tend to form large empires rather than small groupings of 2-3 cities
Overall New World barbarian civs are much more competitive

Revolution Tweaks
Revolutions now scale to game difficulty
AI gets stability bonus based on higher difficulty levels (+10% on Deity, -10% on Settler)
Human player gets scaled stabilty penality on higher difficulty levels (-10% stability on Deity, +10% stability on Settler)
Minor Civs now get a stability bonus (helps New World barbarians form large empires)

Bug Fixes
Fixed a bug in base LOR that lets the herb event to occur more then once
Fixed a bug in RevDCM that caused barbarian minor civ settling to not scale properly with game speed
Fixed a bug in RevDCM that resulted in the happiness bonus from capturing cities not scaling properly with game speed
Fixed a bug in base LOR that resulted in New World barbarian civs sometimes not getting all the bonuses they should

Maps
Adds the Totestra mapscript to the game

Download can be found in signature link below:

Yeah I know its only been a few days but I had some minor updates so...

Version 1.6 of Legends of Revolution Balance Tweaks Is Now Released

New Features in Version 1.6

Mechanics Tweaks
Happiness from Hereditary Rule now capped at 5 per city

Wonder Tweaks
Shwedagon Paya now unlocks all government civics instead of all religion civics and is slightly more expensive (+10%)
Pyramids now unlock all religion civics instead of all government civics and are slightly cheaper (-10%)

This will probably be my last major update to LOR tweaks for several months as I have some real life projects coming up that are going to pull me away from Civ for awhile. However, I will be back eventually as there are still some features I wish to add to LOR tweaks.

Download can be found in signature link below

Great to see that development/tweaks still continue to this superb mod :)
Keep it up!

It's somehow connected to modular loading
That's the WoC religion module (well.. parts of it) if I'm right
Try another map script, maybe it's only connected to RingWorld

Wonder Tweaks
Shwedagon Paya now unlocks all government civics instead of all religion civics and is slightly more expensive (+10%)
Pyramids now unlock all religion civics instead of all government civics and are slightly cheaper (-10%)
Are you serious? :eek:
The main reason to build the horribly expensive Pyramids has always been to obtain Representation early. After such a change, Pyramids shouldn't cost more than, say, 250 hammers. Most religious civics are unlocked rather early through research (and anyone relying on religion is likely to research them asap), so what's the point of investing so many hammers to get them?
The only religious civic that cannot be unlocked early is free religion, which isn't powerful enough to justify investing so many hammers. Of course, pyramids also grant GE points, but still...

I've played civ mods since a long time, but this is certainly one of my favourites. The spawning of new civilizations either by revolutions or from babarian settlements adds a dynamic I always missed. RFC was good in this aspect also, but I didn't like the predestination involved. I usually prefer random maps (especially perfect world 2!).

Still there is one aspect, I really miss in LoR: culturally linked starting positions! When playing as Carthage e.g. I just prefer battling Rome than fighting the Japanese. This applies to revolutions as well. It would be nice to have some kind of ranking, that determines, which new civilization spawns from a revolution, depending on the mother nation. France, Spain or Germany forming on Roman territory just makes more sense than let's say the Maya.

Sure I know, it's complex and time consuming to mod and I never contributed anything, so don't get me wrong: I really enjoy the mod, just the way it is. Still I wanted to give feedback, and in case you don't know what to work on ;) that's the one major tweak, that would make LoR my favourite mod by far.

Thanks a lot for your work and special probs for the mods stability - I haven't had a single crash so far, after 2 entire marathon games.

Any updates on this awesome mod? I've tried other Civ IV mods, Civ V, with Civ V mods, went back to Civ III and even Civ II, modded and unmodded, and still I've been unable to find something anywhere near as enjoyable, and amazing, as this mod is for Civ IV.

The problem is, it's unplayable in multiplayer. I know this has been mentioned many times before, about the OOS errors, but I am really, really eager for someone to finally go in and fix this issue. Has no advancement been made on overcoming this hurdle? Is the original modder even active on the forum anymore?

Any information would be appreciated. Thank you :)

Any updates on this awesome mod? I've tried other Civ IV mods, Civ V, with Civ V mods, went back to Civ III and even Civ II, modded and unmodded, and still I've been unable to find something anywhere near as enjoyable, and amazing, as this mod is for Civ IV.

The problem is, it's unplayable in multiplayer. I know this has been mentioned many times before, about the OOS errors, but I am really, really eager for someone to finally go in and fix this issue. Has no advancement been made on overcoming this hurdle? Is the original modder even active on the forum anymore?

Any information would be appreciated. Thank you :)
It's hard to say if it's actively being worked on...being that the last post by Chronis Jun 08, 2013 02:41 PM.

If your itching for some good games check out Realism Invictus(historical mod)
Pie's Ancient Europe(ancient civ greatness)

Both mods are active and worth a look...there are others as well, generally the top half of this page are active so worth a look as well. :popcorn:

It's hard to say if it's actively being worked on...being that the last post by Chronis Jun 08, 2013 02:41 PM.

If your itching for some good games check out Realism Invictus(historical mod)
Pie's Ancient Europe(ancient civ greatness)

Both mods are active and worth a look...there are others as well, generally the top half of this page are active so worth a look as well. :popcorn:

Thanks for the advice and the direction, I might just give them a look :)

Historical times that have engaged me lately (mods I'd be very interested in):
American Civil War
Celtic/Roman
Native American/Aztec/Maya/Inca
Colonization of America

Perhaps I will do some digging for mods that cover these topics :)

Greetings LoR fans, and an almost overawed greeting to the creators of this incredible mod.

Ever since I discovered it about 2006, CivIV has been my default hobby game. It is concise, simulates history from its dawn, lets you be a builder or a fighter, and you can knock out a full game over 2 evenings play. I bet I've played well over 100 games, and the discovery and building never gets old.

Then last week, I finally stumbled onto this. This mod does almost Everything I'd been wishing for since I fell in love with BTS;

The same units look DIFFERENT for different nations. When I saw the Celtic kilts on the rifleman I almost spit my drink.

The "machine age" transition from sail to steam to steel is handled much more attentively, and my favorite period (the Anglo/German naval race) is finally dealt with in a reasonable fashion.

The tech tree at last works true to form, as the constant minor competition amongst states and within borders of LoR causes a more reasonable timeline to develop.

This game has caused me to literally sit at my desk at work and think to myself, "how many hours until I can get home?" Its such a rejuvenating feeling to so eagerly anticipate a hobby such as this.

It seems this project has gone through several stages of "ownership", and it has had its own predecessor projects that made it possible, but for me CivIV is fnially the game it was meant to be. As a historian and hobbyist, I would like to offer a very sincere thank you to everyone past and present who has contributed to this project. I look forward to completing my first 5 games, so that I can put some of this enthusiasm into an insightful review.

Ironically, the Google search that lead me here- "CivIV, mod, pre-dreadnaught" -lead me to a game that doesn't actually have pre-dreadnaughts! Though I cannot at all complain, for the Ironclad Cruisers & Battleships represent the needed transition well. Still, I do wonder, how difficult would it be to install a "pre-dreadnaught" stage? Part of their charm to me is so much hope and cash was poured into them, yet in 15 years they were obsolete.

I would have many other ships on my wish list, but I realize that reason has to be applied to the amount that can be practically added into a game.

Best wishes to all who follow and appreciate this game!

Nice to see more followers joining the true faith. :)

Actually, LoR did have at least one more industrial era warship (the Protected cruiser IIRC) in previous versions. I don't remember why it was dropped.
Personnally, I would love to see more diverse ships included, especially for ancient times.

I also think that naval warfare is badly implemented in Civ because ships don't have zones of control, and can't intercept nearby enemy vessels, but that's another story.

Salutations Morch!

Yes, I agree about naval warfare. While Civ does a fantastic job of simulating the broad expanse of history, the struggle for strategic areas & resources and competition of nations, it really does break down at the tactical level. In essence there are no tactics, there is strategy if you want to consider the few hundred miles around the point of contact and what forces you need arrayed around it, but what resolution we actually get is truly a simulation of what happened at the point of contact. However, we are playing a 'sim', so the game is delivering exactly as advertised- so I am not complaining! :)

There are things about the steel warship era I would love to see, but I recognize that they are too complex and probably out-of-scope for a Civ IV project. I would like to see steel warships get layed down and delivered in, say, a number of months equal to their combat value- it bugs me when ships are churned out ridiculously fast. I think it would also be cool to require coal-fired ships to end their turns in friendly or neutral controlled waters, to simulate the necessity of coaling stations. &, when steam powered warships come along, I think the time scale should switch to 2 week turns. The telegraph really altered command and control. However, I will very contentedly finish my first game without a single regret- LoR is an artistic and exquisite thing.

Avain actually really did a good job with the Naval aspect in his Quot Capita mod, back in the day actually Phungus(who created this mod) and Avain were planning on a mod merger and joint project, but shortly after announcing this they both left the forum.

My own mod continues Avain's work though, if your interested.

In trying to read-up as much as possible on LoR, I have just learned about the 'Balance Tweaks' mod by Chronis. Are there any pros-&-cons involved with this mod, or is it a simple decision to install & add it to LoR?

I personnally would advise against it until you have some serious experience with LoR. Then, if you feel the changes make sense for you, why not give them a try?
As for me, those tweaks don't get along with my idea of LoR, so I stick with LoR 0.99, but that's just me.

Thank you for the feed-back! Oddly enough, I had an inkling that such might be your recommendation, which is in part why I attempted to ask you directly.

I'll just play out a few games and see what experience teaches me. This is the last game I'm using a Huge map for though. My turns are 45-90 seconds of processing time now in 2044. As far as game-play, the only thing that puzzles me is the way the promotions are tiered, for I have become so used to a certain pattern of play from BTS. I'll figure it out over time though. :)

A question of curiosity- my capitol has barracks, airbases, and drydocks. Yet, whatever I build there only has the 2xp from the national wonder, The Pentagon. The only thing "different" I can see about the city is Leonardo's Workshop. Does Leonardo's Workshop disable local xp bonuses for new units?

Top Bottom