v27 and above - Single Player Bug/Crashes report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to throw a very unclear picture up but was/is there a known bug that can throw up the following message with a CTD

File:\main\civilization4\SDKs\Gamebryo2_0\CoreLibs\NiDX9Renderer\NiDX9SourceTextureData.cpp Line:321

Can be anywhere from Early december to mid december i would Update to latest version to see if it was fixed but my internet isn't being nice to SVN so i can't update :(
i have no idea what SVN version nor a Date of update my apologies but the trouble i had with SVN also erased the possibility of reading that information from my update download folder

[SVN 4552] I've attached a screen shot showing that an AI selected the "Test" trait. I've attached the save file from the preceeding turn but the AI selected a different trait when I replayed the turn to confirm. (Ultimate map, view ports required to load)

I think TRAIT_TEST_POSITIVE and TRAIT_TEST_NEGATIVE should be removed from Assets\XML\Civilizations\Civ4TraitInfos.xml.

I'm going to throw a very unclear picture up but was/is there a known bug that can throw up the following message with a CTD

File:\main\civilization4\SDKs\Gamebryo2_0\CoreLibs\NiDX9Renderer\NiDX9SourceTextureData.cpp Line:321

Can be anywhere from Early december to mid december i would Update to latest version to see if it was fixed but my internet isn't being nice to SVN so i can't update :(
i have no idea what SVN version nor a Date of update my apologies but the trouble i had with SVN also erased the possibility of reading that information from my update download folder

See, this is the main reason i always say keep two (2) versions around, if your actually going to be changing stuff around in ANY version.

[SVN 4552] I've attached a screen shot showing that an AI selected the "Test" trait. I've attached the save file from the preceeding turn but the AI selected a different trait when I replayed the turn to confirm. (Ultimate map, view ports required to load)

I think TRAIT_TEST_POSITIVE and TRAIT_TEST_NEGATIVE should be removed from Assets\XML\Civilizations\Civ4TraitInfos.xml.

Yeah... I caught that earlier. I hope to have that fix by the end of the evening. Apparently, when I cut them out and pasted them elsewhere in holding for future testing, I failed to SAVE the dang file again! :mad:

Strategy i'm just downloading to play so it's simple for me i keep on the C drive the folder i update and then export it to my Civ mods folder on my other hard disk and only update every 1-3 weeks (usually after reading the SVN thread and seeing something cool) and the Trait update gave me :D i want to try that :D and my internet is just being a meany and making me feel the urge to throw things (oh i start to rattle)
will go play again and hopefully not meet that darn line again else i'm going to be a very sad panda (oh and i just realized i can find the SVN version ingame Derpy me... i defend myself by stating it's 6 AM here and should've slept long ago)

Edit: SVN Version is 4372

Pretty sure you went over a value of 2^31 which caused your money to go negative. This is related to the same reason the culture graph can go negative late in games and why the population numbers in the stats page wont go over 2 Billion. I am not a modder but got the impression its a 32-bit limitation issue and therefore hard coded. What is generating so much money by the way? Never generated that much gold in any of my games, even in very late eras. Perhaps something needs to be modified on that end.

Yes I went over the limit and yes, there are many ways in C2C to earn a lot of money. But still the limit of 2 Billion of :gold: shouldn´t be a problem, this by far is not as easily reached as the culture limit.

But the financial advisor says I earn thousands of :gold: per turn but in fact my stock goes up each turn by millions of :gold: , so there must be an error somewhere. The very late game is unplayable for me a this point, mission to Alpha Centauri victory can´t be achieved :sad: ...

Yes I went over the limit and yes, there are many ways in C2C to earn a lot of money. But still the limit of 2 Billion of :gold: shouldn´t be a problem, this by far is not as easily reached as the culture limit.

But the financial advisor says I earn thousands of :gold: per turn but in fact my stock goes up each turn by millions of :gold: , so there must be an error somewhere. The very late game is unplayable for me a this point, mission to Alpha Centauri victory can´t be achieved :sad: ...

Can you post a savedgame then, and say what your intentions were, never know, someone else might take up the cause of your scenario then.

Do you have the World Bank? It gives interest on your current gold in stock (unless that was deleted from it) and it does not show up on the financial advisor.

In general, would it be possible to set a value back to 2 billion if it goes over?

Do you have the World Bank? It gives interest on your current gold in stock (unless that was deleted from it) and it does not show up on the financial advisor.

In general, would it be possible to set a value back to 2 billion if it goes over?

So there is a limit on Cash? :eek: well 2 Billion is still ages away for me luckily :lol:

oh and on the same SVN version i said earlier i found this silly thing

Spoiler :

And yes poor poor Greece is a hopeless toy to please my mood :mischief:

Can you post a savedgame then, and say what your intentions were, never know, someone else might take up the cause of your scenario then.
The savegame is already in post #821, so far no one looked at it. My intentions? Not sure what you mean by that. I wanted to end this game by building the spaceship and I was very close to the end of the tech tree. Then suddenly the income went up like crazy and then the money in stock became negative. And with negative money you can´t play the game anymore...

Stormwind said:
Yes, I do have the World Bank but could it be responsible for multiplying the income by a factor of 1000? And I had the World Bank already for a while when suddenly my money skyrocketed. In fact I think the Smart Medicine resource is responsible for this in one or the other way as I have written in post #836. But I could be wrong of course...

Sounds like we need to do some work to convert the 'totals' on all Commerces held by the nation to a long integer to support the late game needs. This is just a limitation of the standard integer we're running up against.

Sounds like we need to do some work to convert the 'totals' on all Commerces held by the nation to a long integer to support the late game needs. This is just a limitation of the standard integer we're running up against.

No, I don´t think so (for :gold: at least). The overflow is just a symptom. The illness lies somewhere else, a resource or a building or whatever that produces money like crazy. 2 Billion should be enough!

DH The boat itself was the problem it shouldn't State it's colour as it's a pirate i made that picture while mousing over it in the Text it states what ship it is

No, I don´t think so (for :gold: at least). The overflow is just a symptom. The illness lies somewhere else, a resource or a building or whatever that produces money like crazy. 2 Billion should be enough!

I understand what you're saying there but I can easily see VERY lategames (far galactic era) with added maps far surpassing that limitation on such totals, particularly if our current lategame can achieve it now, even if that IS due to lategame imbalances. That being the case, I think we must begin to consider that C2C, in its final form, will likely allow amounts of Commerce totals (not just gold) to go far beyond 2 Billion in total. A switch to using a Long Int there isn't too tough (I don't think... I can't say I've done it before...)

I understand what you're saying there but I can easily see VERY lategames (far galactic era) with added maps far surpassing that limitation on such totals, particularly if our current lategame can achieve it now, even if that IS due to lategame imbalances. That being the case, I think we must begin to consider that C2C, in its final form, will likely allow amounts of Commerce totals (not just gold) to go far beyond 2 Billion in total. A switch to using a Long Int there isn't too tough (I don't think... I can't say I've done it before...)

This definitely makes a lot of sense...

up to the begin Industrial things make sense after that i soon stop looking to careful on the order of things etc.

1850>1914>1945 being a bit of a mix especially the 1945 era part is very tangled with earlier stuff

I wasn't playing for some time, so when I tried playing a GEM scenario, I saw a weird bug:
The Military civic was unselected, which ended up crashing the game later on.
It repeats itself each time I play, so no need for a specific save.
I even went as far as replacing my whole C2C directory with the backup I had, so this isn't a corrupt file, but something with programming.
I'm too lazy to test it out on non-GEM game (maybe I still will, dunno), but I don't remember seeing it before, nor reading about it here...
I'm confused...

Dont know if this is any good or not, but i chance alot of my games from ONE savedgame to another mid-stream, (testing) and thats when i get these, might be helpful, but more than likely NOT. :blush:

EDIT
: In the autosaved game and pic there is an empty city left open for the AI to take over but they didn't take it over and just LEFT the area? I said WT Heck??:crazyeye:

Now i know this has to be a bug.

EDIT EDIT: OK found another one: The Promotion for Discovery Tech is NOT working?? (see pic 2) and SO savedgame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom