• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

v27 and above - Single Player Bug/Crashes report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
v27, unmodified but for a few .xml tweaks. I had a Android appear in Shanghai, and the game crashes immidiately if I click on it. No civ on the map has the techs required to build them.

I was also suffering from crashes with my automated hunters killing animals on the three turns preceding this one, not sure if those might be related.

http://www.mediafire.com/?f925cpqh0u643w6

He is taking notes of stuff going wrong, but at the moment wont be getting to stuff for awhile, his RL has been kicking in and in do almost double times there, so does leave much for except posting a few line here and there for NOW but thats about it for a while at least, so sorry everyone:blush:, and its NOT the other project either, he's just swamped with RL.

I'm also working on something now, so I don't have a lot of C2C time. You will though see the result of these efforts in the near future though in all likelyhood.

I am using the latest SVN version 4420.

Don't know if it were reported, but I notice that
the Sevopedia entry for C2C Concepts, Shortcuts, and Strategies are broken.

v27, unmodified but for a few .xml tweaks. I had a Android appear in Shanghai, and the game crashes immidiately if I click on it. No civ on the map has the techs required to build them.

I was also suffering from crashes with my automated hunters killing animals on the three turns preceding this one, not sure if those might be related.

http://www.mediafire.com/?f925cpqh0u643w6

I've downloaded it and will take a look.

I am using the latest SVN version 4420.

Don't know if it were reported, but I notice that
the Sevopedia entry for C2C Concepts, Shortcuts, and Strategies are broken.

I did have it working but I think I broke it when I removed some unused entries. I am trying to figure out what I did and fix it.

The new improvement mushroom gatherer does currently not work as expected.

The new improvement mushroom gatherer does currently not work as expected.

In what way does it not work as expected?It should build an improvement that looks just like the "Seed Camp" on the plot and give mushrooms in your trade screen. It does not remove existing features.

It does look like I gave it the wrong icon.

That is probably because of Koshling's fix to viewports in new games as it requires an early BUG start to get to the viewport settings before map generation.

It appears to be causing the PythonErr.Log file to not be generated/written to which is making debugging python difficult.

In what way does it not work as expected?It should build an improvement that looks just like the "Seed Camp" on the plot and give mushrooms in your trade screen. It does not remove existing features.

It does look like I gave it the wrong icon.
Well, the improvements to build are
wood gatherer, farm, cottage, remove forest (with and without hammers).

I know how it should look like, as you can easily spot on the screenshot it gives the correct improvement needed but does not provide the appropriate worker action.
Therefor not working.

It appears to be causing the PythonErr.Log file to not be generated/written to which is making debugging python difficult.
It is not something that the interpreter catches so it is not written to PythonErr.log.
There is new code that manually triggers an initialization of BUG and it is supposed not to do anything if BUG is already intialized. That is probably where something goes wrong and BUG tries an actual double initialization.

Well, the improvements to build are
wood gatherer, farm, cottage, remove forest (with and without hammers).

I know how it should look like, as you can easily spot on the screenshot it gives the correct improvement needed but does not provide the appropriate worker action.
Therefor not working.

OK, I take another look.

It is not something that the interpreter catches so it is not written to PythonErr.log.
There is new code that manually triggers an initialization of BUG and it is supposed not to do anything if BUG is already intialized. That is probably where something goes wrong and BUG tries an actual double initialization.

However now no Python errors are being written to the log file. I had to turn on the Python Asserts to get what I would normally get in PythonErr.log.

@CIVPlayer8

I had some unusual conditions when I updated my SVN from 4415 to 4421. I was in the early Ancient Age when I performed the SVN update.

1. I was granted the Junta Power Civic before I had researched Bronze Working. You added the Strongman Power Civic to the front of Junta which affects current save games that are not up to Bronze Working yet. This includes the AI as well as the player.
  2. The Politics Civic (Matriarch...Patriarch...etc) is no longer functioning. Screen shot attached.
  3. There is junk at the bottom of the Civics F3 screen; I like the title of what I hope are new Civics to come but for now they cannot be selected. Screen shot attached.
I also had City Maintenance expense jump by 70% which would have crushed my current game. I could not suddenly drop my income without incuring tax rate unhappiness. The Rule Civic added an unexpected 50% increase to the number of cities maintenance. the new Junta is more expensive than the old Junta, and the loss of Matriarch all added up to crush my economy.

If I revert out your SVN updates 4418 and 4421 then all conditions listed above are solved.

The Save game was taken from SVN 4415. Note that it is from an Immense map; I used Viewport settings of 130 x 72.

started new game with current svn. i got 21 unhappiness with current civics.

@ DH

Substitute IMPROVEMENT_MUSHROOM_GATHERER with BUILD_MUSHROOM_GATHERER in UnitInfo.XML.
That's what i did and as you can see on the screenie, it works now. :)

My appologizes in advance if the following are known issues.

V27

1. I used <Alt>-S to label a map location (an off continent mountained discovered via the religious 'holy mountain' quest). The label disappears when the game is reloaded.

2. Upon building Leonidies-300 Spartans hero, I noticed that the 'Lieutenant'
hero-promotion was unavailable. At this time I'm not sure if that is true for all heros built or just him. I've used previous heros to build the unique accomplishments, and Leo was going to be my first military unit hero.

Maybe not exactly a bug, but the platypus should not be able to build the Myth of Birds... Apart from its 'beak', it's a mammal.

(FYI - but you probably already know - it's not a marsupial either...)

started new game with current svn. i got 21 unhappiness with current civics.

I had a similar scenario but was able to resolve my problem by reverting the changes from SVN 4418 and 4421 out of my version.

TO REVERT

1. Right click your SVN folder
2. Select TortoiseSVN from the drop down menu, then select Show Log
3. (optional) You can speed up the log display by Cancel then Show Range
4. Click on the versions to be reverted. You can Crtl click and select more than one
5. Right click, select Revert Changes from these Revisions
6. Wait until this completes....
7. Migrate this to your executable copy of C2C and see if this helps.

@ DH

Substitute IMPROVEMENT_MUSHROOM_GATHERER with BUILD_MUSHROOM_GATHERER in UnitInfo.XML.
That's what i did and as you can see on the screenie, it works now. :)

Thanks.

Maybe not exactly a bug, but the platypus should not be able to build the Myth of Birds... Apart from its 'beak', it's a mammal.

(FYI - but you probably already know - it's not a marsupial either...)

And dolphins and seals are not fish - but that did not stop them being eaten on fish days in the Middle Ages. They knew they weren't tike fish but they came from the sea so they were fish. Which is why penguins are both fish and fowl.

The junk at the bottom of the civic screen has been fixed.

The junk at the bottom of the civic screen has been fixed.

Thanks for fixing that. Note that I reported 3 bugs in post #612 above, and your SVN update 4424 fixed one of the three conditions. The remaining bugs are:

1. I was still granted Junta before Bronze Working. I assume this will affect every current game that is brought up to SVN 4418 but has not yet researched Bronze Working. This will affect both the player and every AI.
  2. The Politics Civic (Patriarch...Matriarch....etc) is not there. This Civic was working fine in 4417 and I am sad to see it removed. 4418 broke it but I was hoping you would fix it and not just remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom