• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

V31 c2c

Cosmic Fox

Civ 6 Addict - TB Mod Collaborator
1) The new landmarks feature will not work when Personalized Map is selected.
2) With prerequisites the totem pole doesn't show up no more.
3) Hand Ram and Battering Rams do nothing, just look nice! :lol:
4) Alligators and other water animals end up being useless after the Myths are done. Might want them to be used for Citizen food!
5) I plunder gold from all animal Barbarians? :confused::crazyeye: Why? :lol:
6) The total of experience given for Bull Leaping and other early wonders with Chief/warrior hut doesn't seem to add the proper promotions amount, am I wrong?

I also found a ton of typos, many are located in the setup map/advice loading screen. If I knew were they were located I fix all the typos, I want to help more then posting bugs I find on this thread! :cool:

I hope this helps and for the record I play huge maps that are 140x88 never get a crash Strategy. I am playing with 11 land masses, 3 big islands, 11 civs on Noble, with Rare Common islands selected from Planet Generator_68 script. :goodjob:

Let me know if you need more info! I didn't see these bugs skimming at the threads if I repeated these bugs very sorry.

RE: the rams don't work: You're probably trying to knock down negative defense values. The '-' symbol is very faint.

As for the plundering from animals, that unit ability was not implemented giving us any ability to omit any particular unit types from the mechanism. I've often though to adjust it so we could define causes for omission from the effect but haven't yet delved into it to do so.

The rams absolutely do not work no more, I have opportunity fire on, it used to attack when fortified now if I do that nothing happens. I take battering rams to take out barbarians and they do nothing dude! :D v28 or 29 they did work..

Another thing that seems broken, I used to get tribes everyone once in a while from goody huts, I have not gotten a single one in over 15 games I played. lol

4) Alligators and other water animals end up being useless after the Myths are done. Might want them to be used for Citizen food!

There is a difference between "Tales of sea creatures" which you get before Whaling and other techs. You already get the food when you get the "Tales of.." unit which lets you build the Myth buildings and the mission for culture and science. After Whaling small fish can be caught as "Subdued fish" which lets you build fish pens and other buildings in advanced cities. Later at about Marine Biology you can capture "Subdued big fish" which you can use to build extensions to the University.

I also found a ton of typos, many are located in the setup map/advice loading screen. If I knew were they were located I fix all the typos, I want to help more then posting bugs I find on this thread! :cool:

Yes, someone keeps using US spelling rather than the correct UK spelling! :lol:

Another thing that seems broken, I used to get tribes everyone once in a while from goody huts, I have not gotten a single one in over 15 games I played. lol

This depends on your starting level. below Noble start.

The rams absolutely do not work no more, I have opportunity fire on, it used to attack when fortified now if I do that nothing happens. I take battering rams to take out barbarians and they do nothing dude! :D v28 or 29 they did work..

Rams were changed a while ago to be usable ONLY to attack city defenses (you try using a battering ram to 'return fire' on a raiding party!). They are utterly useless EXCEPT to bombard city defenses (and to defend against direct attack as fodder I guess). If taken to a city that has no defenses they can do nothing - they are a very niche unit which realistically you only build when actively at war and trying to take enemy cities.

Okay Koshling, seems a little misleading when BUG has opportunity fire setting, I misunderstood it. lol

Dancing you are saying hang onto all the fish/alligators I subdue until later? Dude that isn't possible early colonization time, you need gold to expand. I would like to see it changed for these situations where you can opt to professionally butcher them instead of hit delete.

The typos I am referring to has nothing to do with UK or USA spellings lol POLTICE is a typo not a culture spelling error should be POLICE! There are a ton of Python or whatever they are entries on techs as well. I love the Mod and would love to see it look cleaner, why I am offering to fix all of those.

Theater USA Theatre UK spelling I believe is an example of what you mean I am guessing.

I had no idea the setting determines if you get tribes from goody huts or not, the AI sure gets them, my current game they have had not reached tribe building yet they had enormous land area, 18,000 and I had only 10,000 1 city. Thanks guys that clears that up.

I thought I was finding stuff. lol I did find 2 issues like Totem poles and Long Houses no longer working, least never showing up in queue. Plus the one about Landmarks, nice new feature but personalized maps has to be off, that needs a tweak. ;)

Okay Koshling, seems a little misleading when BUG has opportunity fire setting, I misunderstood it. lol

Dancing you are saying hang onto all the fish/alligators I subdue until later? Dude that isn't possible early colonization time, you need gold to expand. I would like to see it changed for these situations where you can opt to professionally butcher them instead of hit delete.

The typos I am referring to has nothing to do with UK or USA spellings lol POLTICE is a typo not a culture spelling error should be POLICE! There are a ton of Python or whatever they are entries on techs as well. I love the Mod and would love to see it look cleaner, why I am offering to fix all of those.

Theater USA Theatre UK spelling I believe is an example of what you mean I am guessing.

I had no idea the setting determines if you get tribes from goody huts or not, the AI sure gets them, my current game they have had not reached tribe building yet they had enormous land area, 18,000 and I had only 10,000 1 city. Thanks guys that clears that up.

I thought I was finding stuff. lol I did find 2 issues like Totem poles and Long Houses no longer working, least never showing up in queue. Plus the one about Landmarks, nice new feature but personalized maps has to be off, that needs a tweak. ;)

Opportunity fire applies to things that can range bombard or archer bombard I believe (i.e. -things that can target units not just cities). The distinction is subtle, and you're likely right that the help text is a bit ambiguous.

In regard to tribes - the set of possible outcomes (as well as their probability distribution) is determined by your difficulty level. Tribes stop after Noble I think. The AI gets them because the AI always plays at Noble - the game's selected difficulty level applies just to the human player (otherwise it wouldn't really impact the difficulty, since all that matters is you relative to the AI in a single player game).

Rams were changed a while ago to be usable ONLY to attack city defenses (you try using a battering ram to 'return fire' on a raiding party!). They are utterly useless EXCEPT to bombard city defenses (and to defend against direct attack as fodder I guess). If taken to a city that has no defenses they can do nothing - they are a very niche unit which realistically you only build when actively at war and trying to take enemy cities.

And looks like they will recover some ability to attack again soon. I'm wondering though if they shouldn't be limited to ONLY attacking cities. That could make sense...

There's a common mistake in your post there, should be THAN, not then. :D

Anyway, I also found several typos and English errors ( :( ) in the tips which display when you load a save game/map. Fortunately, I believe most of them are located in the Tips section of the Sevopedia (this was the case in Vanilla BtS)

Here are some just for reference:

Revolutions Mod Hint: If you are overthrown and the citizens demand a new leader, it is not all bad. You will loose control of your empire for a time, but after this time you will have a new and interesting scenario to deal with.

Should be LOSE.

Caveman 2 Cosmos: Most gunpowder units require the Ammunition resource. Make sure you don't forgot to build Weapon factories
Should be forget

Trap fishing It's its
I didn't write down the whole description for this one

Power Plants have been redone for C2C. They not give
This one doesn't make sense either.

Sorry, but I can't help I'm both a spelling and grammar Nazi.
Otherwise great mod! I am currently playing Giant Map, 25 civs, Archipelago (probably wasn't the best choice), Noble map. I am trying to get Prod, Food, Commerce up, but somehow there are a few AIs out there (checking Demographics), that are outputting massive numbers, and I have little idea how that is possible, I've tried to get everything that could possibly increase my economy, and is still pretty tiny in comparison. On the other hand, I've gone to war with the Romans several times :)

It was a typo dude! lol you must lose a ton of friends trying to correct them all the time! :p Typos are in everything and they are just that, mistakes. Most are not how the writer intended! :D

Top Bottom