v36 Crime Patch

@ALL,

Some recent major updates to Mod. Is anyone interested in a New Patch Full SVN version?

Sound off if you do.

JosEPh

A new Full version SVN 9309 "Patch" is being uploaded. Will post Dropbox link when it is fully Uploaded. Usually takes about 2 hours with my DSL provider to get one up on Dropbox.

This Full version is already Named Caveman2Cosmos, so you don't have to rename the folder once you unrar, unzip, or un7z it.

Expect a tougher game. I've already lost 2 games in a row yesterday, a Deity and an Immortal. Hoping I can survive past mid to late Preh Era in my new Emperor level game. And Mastery nor Conquest were used as Victory conditions. Just Domination, Culture, and Space Race.

I did try the Developing Leaders Option and got hammered in the last game by Genghis Khan.

And all my games now us my New Option 1 City Tile Start. I can't go back to the old 9 tile to start cities any more. And I've used Realistic Culture Spread more in the last 2 months than I have in years!

JosEPh

Last edited:
You are Welcome. :)

JosEPh

Echoing the thanks, here! Got it loaded and installed. I'm not noticing a lot of changes so far, although it seems like the Prehistoric era techs are coming a bit faster than they used to - about every other turn on the 1999-turn game speed. (I'm probably going to wind up wiping the continent of the other four civs - only Kublai has got a second city at this point, while I've just achieved Sedentary Lifestyle, established my fourth city, and am planning for my alpha strike against my vic... er, neighbors.)

Edited to add: Okay, now I'm starting to see the increased challenge level. I'm still the tech leader by a fair margin, but I'm not quite halfway through the Ancient Era and the other civs (some of whom are not yet beyond Sedentary Lifestyle) are starting to set up additional cities. Kublai is up to four (compared to my five, soon to be six or seven), Magrete is up to three, and Solomon and Menzies are at two. Under previous revisions, I would normally have had about half an era's worth of lead on them, but currently I've got one, possibly two rivals snapping at my heels, and all of them closing in on my borders and making further expansion... problematic. I'm thinkin' I'm gonna hafta be takin' back some leibensraum here in the near future...

To all Patch users,

If you find that once in the later Eras the time to research a tech becomes very long (more than seems reasonable) use this file to replace the one in the Patch version.

I went hard core on this area in making researching time not so fast as has been the norm for the Eras as the game progresses. But, for example, on Marathon Game speed 45 turns in Modern Era is probably Too Strong of an adjustment. :p ;)

Of course feedback is needed as always. I'm placing this here 1st before I make any changes to the SVN. I need more input please. My testing alone can't cover all the bases.

File is located in Assets/XML/GameInfo folder.

EDIT: I purposely made Deity level much much harder. Too many Deity players still complaining about the Mod being too easy.

JosEPh

Attachments

• CIV4EraInfos.rar
    3.2 KB · Views: 77
Techs are still too long for me on Marathon at least yet . . . taking around 50 turns each yet . .waaaay too long for me, would rather have it at around 20 or less otherwise this feels like Snail and above, at least to me . .

Techs are still too long for me on Marathon at least yet . . . taking around 50 turns each yet . .waaaay too long for me, would rather have it at around 20 or less otherwise this feels like Snail and above, at least to me . .

Did you replace the file? And When you started your game back up do a Re-Calc? You do know it takes several turns for the modifiers to get back after being reset to base values right?

With this file If you used it should be No Way you now have Modern techs Taking 50 turns on marathon, no way. Unless you are playing on Deity Difficulty or your Night mare. Then it could happen.

JosEPh

Did you replace the file? And When you started your game back up do a Re-Calc? You do know it takes several turns for the modifiers to get back after being reset to base values right?

With this file If you used it should be No Way you now have Modern techs Taking 50 turns on marathon, no way. Unless you are playing on Deity Difficulty or your Night mare. Then it could happen.

JosEPh

Ok i re-calc with this file attached, and this is ONLY changes to Marathon speed, it at least gives me a "little" :gold: and techs are ok now, and units and other stuff is alot better, at least "IMPO."

Attachments

• CIV4GameSpeedInfo.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 83
Ok i re-calc with this file attached, and this is ONLY changes to Marathon speed, it at least gives me a "little" :gold: and techs are ok now, and units and other stuff is alot better, at least "IMPO."

You did not answer my questions. And that's not the file I posted for you to use.

Those are your changes not mine.

JosEPh :/

You did not answer my questions. And that's not the file I posted for you to use.

Those are your changes not mine.

JosEPh :/

Well that is what i write above . . .and yes i did a re-calc actually 3 times, from starting and re-starting each time, i have Flex Diff on, and did not look at the current level . . will look after the "debate" tonight . . .

I am once again experience a "bug" which crashes my game almost instantly when I hit 'end turn' button. Sometimes this happens "little bit" into the 'end turn' process which to me seems to indicate that perhaps there is an actual bug involved, perhaps an AI call or something. Anyway I know that you propably only work with SVN versio, but I thought I should upload my logs if you can find something that can be fixed. The last update 9309, actually fixed this same crash issue for me and I was able to continue my current game, until this point obviously.

Keep up the good work! :D

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    299.1 KB · Views: 91
I am once again experience a "bug" which crashes my game almost instantly when I hit 'end turn' button. Sometimes this happens "little bit" into the 'end turn' process which to me seems to indicate that perhaps there is an actual bug involved, perhaps an AI call or something. Anyway I know that you propably only work with SVN versio, but I thought I should upload my logs if you can find something that can be fixed. The last update 9309, actually fixed this same crash issue for me and I was able to continue my current game, until this point obviously.

Keep up the good work! :D
I'd like to see if I can work with this but I'll need a save, not logs.

Top Bottom