v40 clearly increases the challenge

Look at this beaut, small Earth map, prince difficulty, historic start locations, barbarian and neanderthal cities on, current year 11418BC, the news popup says I am in the tech lead, meanwhile Paraguay already got wiped out by the barbs and this explains why:

I guess I'll have to increase my canoe fleets to battle this new, unheard of threat :D

They sure kept their word. Well maybe I'll postpone any sea exploration for 14 thousand years then... :shifty:

*edit*
They already have musketmen ground troops in S-America, guess this match is done for and I'll wait for the next version of C2C :cry:

Last edited:
What C2C version is this on, v40 or SVN revision number?
According to the event setup this event can only trigger if any other civs has invented Stealth and Robotics.

If it's SVN rev 11058, then I suspect the recent changes to how the dll interacts with python may be broken for eventtrigger callbacks.

I'll make some changes to the event anyhow as it is imo poorly defined.

Last edited:
They already have musketmen ground troops in S-America, guess this match is done for and I'll wait for the next version of C2C :cry:
That entire thing is bug, not increased challenge - those units are from atomic era.
Also those are stealth ships from Atomic/Information era meaning you got unlucky and got bugged event.

By the way different things break graphically if you have medium render quality level or low resolution textures/animations frozen selected.
"animations frozen" being selected causes units to be wrongly rendered - like one unit rendered as something else.

What C2C version is this on
v40

According to the event setup this event can only trigger if any other civs has invented Stealth and Robotics.
And how would that be possible in prehistoric era ? While I am not against alternative history scenarios (all those -punk), someone having robotics in prehistoric times somewhat throws out the window the slow-but-steady c2c gameplay :cringe:

For me this is clear evidence that v40.1 needs pushed to the Public, ie posted to Moddb. And v40 deleted.

And how would that be possible in prehistoric era ? While I am not against alternative history scenarios (all those -punk), someone having robotics in prehistoric times somewhat throws out the window the slow-but-steady c2c gameplay :cringe:

It shouldn't happen at all - you got unlucky and this event bugged on you.

Bugfix is already on latest SVN.

Last edited:
It shouldn't happen at all - you got unlucky and this event bugged on you.

So 40.1 won't help. So we need a 40.2

It really feels like the majority of gamebreaking bugs are introduced during freezes. :undecide:

So what if it is a bug? Just feel lucky being able to experience being a plaything of the modern powers as an indigenous tribe in the jungles.

Moderator Action: This is not helpful. Please do not troll. leif

Last edited by a moderator:
So 40.1 won't help. So we need a 40.2

It really feels like the majority of gamebreaking bugs are introduced during freezes. :undecide:
lol this bugfix is going to be included in V40.1

So what if it is a bug? Just feel lucky being able to experience being a plaything of the modern powers as an indigenous tribe in the jungles.
Well this never should ever happened.

I didn't fix the bug, I have no idea how one of the other players in that game got the information era "stealth" technology in the year 11418 BC.
I changed the event code while looking into this bug report, but there was nothing in the old code that indicated that this event was actually bugged to begin with.
The bug here is how the heck someone got the stealth technology so early, I don't know how to debug this issue further without a save where this happened.
lol this bugfix is going to be included in V40.1
Only if we manage to actually debug the bug.

I bet it is DLL problem - uninitialised variable/memory corruption.

Some time ago anq or alberts removed thing, that cleans uninitialized variables, and now this thing is messing with events.

I bet it is DLL problem - uninitialised variable/memory corruption.

Some time ago anq or alberts removed thing, that cleans uninitialized variables, and now this thing is messing with events.
Could be something like that too, that even when python says: "no this event does not meet the requirements to trigger", the dll goes ahead and trigger it anyhow due to some confusion about what is what, or perhaps the dll never do confer with python through a "canDoPythonCallback".... I don't know.

Getting the save would help in that I could check if any of the players actually have the stealth technology, that would narrow the bug down to something along the line of just that, the dll being confused about events. Because the canDo python code was quite clear in it's answer being FALSE if no player has that tech.
It could then also be related to the "expire quest python code being triggered for invalid player" bug that's been reported a couple of times.

Sorry for not replying so long, didn't notice there are new replies here. Here are the savegames you asked for:

Attachments

• saves.7z
    7.3 MB · Views: 294
@Crash757 you tampered with game, as one player has ALL possible techs - saved it in worldbuilder, and opened it as scenario file.

Or this scenario had those techs.
That one AI would eventually conquer entire world while it rains advanced barbarians.

We don't even have that map, so you downloaded wonky scenario or you tampered with it, unless somehow Revolution Mod or Barbarian Civs/Neanderthal Cities glithed and made Atlantis civ.

There were civs that weren't defined or enabled normally - they got deleted.
Seems like you used some civ modpack, that could have one civ with all techs enabled from start.

Last edited:
@Crash757 you tampered with game, as one player has ALL possible techs - saved it in worldbuilder, and opened it as scenario file.

And why would I do that, pray tell ? Only thing I did in WB was assigning starting positions and units to the civs.

Seems like you used some civ modpack, that could have one civ with all techs enabled from start.
I have only added playable civs, not barbarian ones.

Either way your theory is interesting, I'll check the WB.

*edit*

No barbarian player has any extra tech, except for Neanderthals who have 5 starting tech, which seem normal and WAD.
Checked the scenario file both in notepad and WB.

Last edited:
And why would I do that, pray tell ? Only thing I did in WB was assigning starting positions and units to the civs.

I have only added playable civs, not barbarian ones.

Either way your theory is interesting, I'll check the WB.

*edit*

No barbarian player has any extra tech, except for Neanderthals who have 5 starting tech, which seem normal and WAD.
Checked the scenario file both in notepad and WB.
Well your save showed one civ, that had ALL techs (saved it as scenario).
So looks like Revolution mod (or Barbarian Civs) glitched and spawned civ with all techs now.
There was nanite cloud roaming on European part in your save.

Also having more than 39 playable civs WILL break game.
Your save is broken as it contains civ with all techs.
I'm getting errors, where you enabled some civs or leaders that don't exist normally.

Spoiler :

Civ4BeyondSword 2020-01-21 08-45-39-66.png
Civ4BeyondSword 2020-01-21 08-45-31-98.png

Your save is toast anyway.
NEVER add civs in worldbuilder!
Its broken feature.
Start new game.

Last edited:
I'm getting errors, where you enabled some civs or leaders that don't exist normally.
If you mean the errors at the start of loading they only concern one civ which isn't even on the map and wasn't.

Also having more than 39 playable civs WILL break game.
Impossible to do that without modding C2C itself, which I didn't, only added the extra civ submod.

NEVER add civs in worldbuilder!
You mean I should use 3rd party tools for map editing ?

Top Bottom