v95 Japan

RyoFood

Chieftain
Rhye, thank you for always providing entertaining games. This time, the task involved checking if the tile count related to Japan's RPV was functioning correctly. As far as I could tell from progressing in the game, it seemed to be working well. However, there are about two places where I think a change in specification might be beneficial.

Firstly, I feel that the amount of RP Japan gains per turn could be increased. To achieve the objective of Japan not coming into contact with other civilizations, it first needs to subdue neighboring Korea and then go on to fight Mongolia or China. Naturally, during wars, territories are adjacent, so no RP would be earned. If no RP can be earned during war turns, perhaps the RP in peaceful and isolated turns should be higher.

Secondly, I think it might be better not to count adjacent city-states as foreign entities. Especially if there's an alliance with those city-states, as they often serve as buffer zones, which seems fitting with the theme.

If these adjustments are made, fulfilling the conditions while the CPU is playing as Japan might still be rare, but it could become a more attainable goal for human players. I hope you'll consider this. Alternatively, setting other RP goals related to Japan might also be an option.

On a side note, I noticed that despite many civilizations being on the verge of collapse during gameplay, they didn't collapse over many turns.

Attachments

• 20240506125340_1.jpg
    20240506125340_1.jpg
    959.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 20240506125353_1.jpg
    20240506125353_1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
  • 20240506125404_1.jpg
    20240506125404_1.jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 48
Two RP goals could be related to Japan's rapid advancements in late 19th century, post Restoration and another one to encourage you to establish the Co-Prosperity Sphere.
Reminding me a bit of the two goals in RFC Dawn of Civ where Japan needs to conquer almost all of East Asia and be the tech lead in the late 2 eras.

Top Bottom